Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations | A32NX | VNAV in Dev Version

55 minutes ago, flyhalf said:

I thought "VNAV" was already in the plane but anyway this step forward is very welcome to an already fabulous aircraft. 

We had it in Experimental version for some time, but not in Development version.

• Like 1

FlyByWire Simulations

3 hours ago, holland786 said:

I don't think this is quite completely true, the quote I've gotten from pilots is that it doesn't work well, but I'm sure it's used a fair bit. I did however hear that intervention is quite frequent though.

BTW, VNAV is more than managed descent. It provides more accurate predictions and extra symbology on the ND.

It is. They are calculating their own tod and descendening with open desc or vs. source a friend of mine who is capt on a A320. But vnav seems to be the holy grail of the average pc pilot

Lukas Dalton

"Quality of Life Pause at T/D"? I know what a pause at TOD is, and it can be quite useful, but is it really going to affect my quality of life?

Petraeus

2 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

"Quality of Life Pause at T/D"? I know what a pause at TOD is, and it can be quite useful, but is it really going to affect my quality of life?

Yes, you get a coffee served

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, Watsi said:

We had it in Experimental version for some time, but not in Development version.

That explains it! I always use Exp. I was like what?! 🙂

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Release candidate other than that its all fluff and yeah I will happily donate.

Edited by jbdbow1970

58 minutes ago, DaWu said:

It is. They are calculating their own tod and descendening with open desc or vs. source a friend of mine who is capt on a A320. But vnav seems to be the holy grail of the average pc pilot

The 'mistake' here is equating one pilot's or airline's technique to every other pilot and airline. There are many different ways of doing things between airlines and one way isn't necessarily the right one or the one that's used everywhere. There absolutely are pilots and airlines that use managed descent in the Airbus as an SOP all the time when possible and I'm sure that's even the majority. Of course there are times when you'd use something else like V/S to comply with ATC instructions deviating from a STAR or when the automation is doing a bad job (the software in the real planes isn't perfect either). There are also airlines flying older aircraft that haven't received a software update for example that makes the automation more reliable in newer versions and therefore may do things differently.

This is much like when the E-Jet was released and the devs were talking about how no one uses VNAV in the real plane coming from the pilots on their test team, when other pilots chimed in and said they use it all the time and it works fine and in the end, it was established the difference in techniques is down to older aircraft that have older software vs. newer aircraft or older ones that have received an update.

Unless there is a case specific reason VNAV is the preferred way to go because it's basically like open descent (or LVL/FL CHG) but with in-built protection for restrictions, speeds, etc.

Edited by Nixoq
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Edited by Nixoq

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

14 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Release candidate other than that its all fluff and yeah I will happily donate.

Not really sure how it's fluff if all 3 versions are publicly and easily available.