Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Tiles loading issues

5 hours ago, Bones62 said:

If it's a Bing issue, there's nothing Asobo can do if it's constantly updated, and this thing might quickly go to hell in a handbasket.

Or rather, Asobo needs to adjust their LOD display algorithms to eliminate the visual impact of whatever Bing is doing..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Bert

Whatever it is, I feel it is high time for a couple of sentences from MS what is going on.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Corsica looks particularly awful. I took these screenshots in March, that's when I first noticed this issue. I wonder when it started. And I hope they do somehting about it as soon as possible. This is one of the more serious regressions/bugs we‘ve seen so far. 

6ti8wmo.jpgZ58j7y1.jpg

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I feel like this is the number one issue I'm having with MSFS right now. I'm also seeing two black lines, that make a right angle. Was flying into JFK yesterday, and they were popping up in the water and it's really annoying and makes the sim look really bad. Has anyone seen this? They kinda look like this   >, but the angle is more open. Usually happens in the water. If you take off from Santa Monica and fly out over the ocean they're there. 

I really hope MSFS mentions that they see these tile issues and that they're looking into it. It seems to have gotten worse and I'm having more and more flights ruined because the discoloration tiles and the strange black lines that pop up. Because of this, I'm flying less and that is a giant bummer. 

Come on MS/Asobo, please chime in and more importantly, create a fix for this issue. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

I really hope MSFS mentions that they see these tile issues and that they're looking into it. It seems to have gotten worse and I'm having more and more flights ruined because the discoloration tiles and the strange black lines that pop up. Because of this, I'm flying less and that is a giant bummer. 

Come on MS/Asobo, please chime in and more importantly, create a fix for this issue. 

The bug was officially logged on their forum back in October 2022, and haven't heard a peep out of them since, never in their list of bugs in their monthly updates..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bones62 said:

The bug was officially logged on their forum back in October 2022, and haven't heard a peep out of them since, never in their list of bugs in their monthly updates..

Tossed in the too hard basket ,hoping it will all be forgotten.

• Upvote 1

It's for issues like this that the severe lack of communication becomes an issue, it's no good waiting for a marketing Q&A to get an extremely vague response with smiles, it needs direct chat with the developers in the official thread as a matter of urgency.

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

19 minutes ago, Tork_Curve said:

Aerial ground tiles changing/popping in - Bug Reports / Scenery and Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

The above thread on the official forum is getting some momentum - probably worth weighing in there with some thoughts/comments - someone has asked one of the community managers to get involved. The silence from Asobo/MS is concerning though....

As a sidenote: I alerted Jummivana on that very issue before, and my reference was deleted by an admin with the remark, it's not allowed to "ping" Community Managers according to the Code of Conduct.

We'll see if he's attentive again.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Fingers crossed! I know we've all got our own methods of using FS, however the LOOK of the sim, especially for low altitude VFR flying is one of it's primary major 'wins' over other sims...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pmb said:

As a sidenote: I alerted Jummivana on that very issue before, and my reference was deleted by an admin with the remark, it's not allowed to "ping" Community Managers according to the Code of Conduct.

We'll see if he's attentive again.

Kind regards, Michael

I find that terrible, what's the point of having the ability to tag people if you're not allowed to tag the very people you're trying to contact to alert to serious flaws with the Sim? Their mods attitude beggars belief at times, it's bad enough they have "go betweens" from the forums to the Devs which could be a reason a lot of the bugs and issues don't get through properly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I saw the exchange with PMB, and while it wasn't aggressive or nasty in any way, I was quite surprised at the outcome.
All we have for now is 'bug logged', and no other feedback for ages.  

I have had this issue largely since last September/October (although it has become worse since then), but I also had a similar issue going back maybe over a year, but at that time it was mainly with water masks disappearing/re-appearing with exactly this same effect below the aircraft. 

I first noticed it after take off from St. Bart's, where the tiles were changing below the aircraft as I flew over the water.
I just thought it was an isolated bug then. 

I also saw it in other peoples YouTube videos at St. Bart's, and I thought 'Asobo must be seeing this as well, so they will do something about it surely', but no - just silence. 

It must be classed as a core bug for a sim that prides itself on visuals and streaming the scenery tiles, so I just don't know why it is not being treated with more importance / urgency.
They put so much detail and effort into things such as how high thermals go below the clouds, but leave this issue - frustrating!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 hours ago, Tork_Curve said:

Aerial ground tiles changing/popping in - Bug Reports / Scenery and Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

The above thread on the official forum is getting some momentum - probably worth weighing in there with some thoughts/comments - someone has asked one of the community managers to get involved. The silence from Asobo/MS is concerning though....

After getting an error registering at the forum on Day One of MSFS, I finally tried again and succeeded. It won't let me vote yet, not enough activity even after going through the ridiculous tutorial with Discobot. 😡

Edited by Bones62
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 8:58 AM, Tork_Curve said:

Some theories on the FS forums believe it's the bing map data that's been updated...

What I don‘t understand is why all of a sudden? Bing Maps has been updated regularly since release and it never was a problem.

Now in some areas like Corsica it looks like there are 3 different imagery layers, and these layers seem to be connected to LOD, i.e. depending on the distance to the ground you get different imagery. Before that the imagery just got less detailed/blurrier the higher you flew, but it was the same imagery.

Edited by Shack95
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Hi, 

Today I've flown over Switzerland and when I was approaching Bern-Belp the tiles were popping out!

This fact cancels out a good part of the realism of the flight.

Regards.

• Like 1