Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Rules changing on how to get free upgrade to Active Sky XP12

Looks like HiFi are changing the rules on who will get a free upgrade to the XP12 version of AS such that you need to have installed and run the a Release Candidate version 2 or later by the 19th May in order to register for the new version

NOTE: TO CLAIM AND CONFIRM your FREE UPGRADE from ASXP to ASXP12, you must DOWNLOAD, INSTALL and LOGIN with RC2 or later before May 19, 2023 GMT. Once you do this, you will see a confirmation of upgrade status in the startup screen (Status section) in  ASXP12. Thank you for your support - Enjoy your FREE UPGRADE!

- Edit - I've now found the corresponding section of the website

https://hifisimtech.com/free-asxp12-upgrade-offer/

Free ASXP12 Upgrade Offer

Posted on May 8, 2023 by admin

Free upgrades from ASXP to ASXP12 are still available for a limited time through May 19, 2023 GMT.

Simply install ASXP12 (RC2 or later) and use it by logging in by May 19, 2023 and you will upgraded.  Your ASXP license key will remain valid for both ASXP and ASXP12.

If you don’t install/use ASXP12 RC2 by May 19, 2023, your ASXP license will NOT BE ELIGIBLE for free upgrade past this date.  There are no exceptions.

After May 19, 2023, standard pricing for ASXP12 will be available (TBD).

Thank you!

Bookmark the permalink.

Edited by Matchstick
Updated with better URL
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Thank You for putting this up on Avsim.  I wouldn't have known and would have missed out on the free upgrade!  Even though I don't yet have X-Plane 12 but will be purchasing it in sometime this year.  I do have the ASXP for X-Plane 11 but I didn't know about the limited time free upgrade to XP12....

Thanks so much, you saved me $$$$

Edited by F1Fan

It looks like it has been released or maybe not but you can purchase it. Active Sky XP12

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I purchase ASXP12? I only see ASXP for X-Plane 11.  
A: ASXP12 is not yet released, but will be very soon. If you’d like to obtain a free upgrade from ASXP and/or participate in the OPEN BETA for ASXP12, you have until May 19th, 2023 (GMT). Just purchase an ASXP license and obtain a free upgrade to ASXP12 by installing/logging in with ASXP12 (RC2 or later) by end of day on May 19, 2023 (GMT). Once ASXP12 is released, you will be able to purchase it like any standard product from our participating resellers.

Q: Will upgrades be available after May 19, 2023?
A: No. The upgrade period expires May 19, 2023. After this date, standard product pricing will be available.

Q: What is Hybrid mode and what is its purpose or benefit?
A: This is an experimental mode to allow the best of both full ASXP12 control and new XP12 multi-region weather. When in XP12 live wx mode, AS doesn’t control weather parameters, it leaves everything up to XP12 and its live weather data/depiction mode. The weather data used by ASXP12 remains AS entirely and is essentially the same as XP12 data, except for surface data, where our data tends to be more up to date and offers more functionality and features/options. So this way at your departure and destination areas you get the ASXP12 full experience, and enroute, you get the XP12 live wx experience with AS effects and features available. These effects include our new specialized turbulence, drafts and all air effects in general. In XP12 live mode, these effects are additive (along with XP12’s internal live wx effects).

Edited by Samaritano

We're getting it activated now.  Some vendors may already be online.

• Like 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damian,

I sincerely wish HiFi the best success with ASXP12 !

Looking fwd into the future !!!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This is pretty much a last call - if you have Active Sky XP and want to get your upgrade to the XP12 version you need to install the latest XP12 version and log in within the next day or so or you WILL miss out and have to pay for the upgrade,

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the heads-up, installed it shortly after I saw the thread and got my upgrade.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

oh well.  I missed out, now they're gonna miss out on my purchase.  I guess sending notifications to registered users is too much.

Edited by SmokeDiddy
  • Like 2

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

On 5/31/2023 at 6:48 PM, SmokeDiddy said:

oh well.  I missed out, now they're gonna miss out on my purchase.  I guess sending notifications to registered users is too much.

I just saw this too. Can't believe this is the way. I would even go for a slight fee for upgrade.

• Like 1

word not allowed it,

I started using ASXP12 with my original code as soon as it came out.  Apparently more work was required on my part to continue?  The way I read it, if I upgraded it by May 19 no further action was required.  Now they have killed my code.

Pretty shifty work boys.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cap10jaf said:

word not allowed it,

I started using ASXP12 with my original code as soon as it came out.  Apparently more work was required on my part to continue?  The way I read it, if I upgraded it by May 19 no further action was required.  Now they have killed my code.

Pretty shifty work boys.

That's a real bummer!!!!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

I agree with everyone, that is absolutely unacceptable, HIFI has always been a top notch company, this is poor business practice. 

• Like 1

Exactly.

I would have gladly paid full price for the new version if that is what they required.  Now, by pulling this stunt we both loose.  I miss-out on a great product and they not only loose a customer, but manage to make me mad enough to tell anybody who will listen what a horrible experience I've had.  (I filed a support ticket that was nothing but robotic replies pointing me to the new policy)

• Like 1

Hello guys, I just registered to this forum (was only reading in the past). I just wanted to hop in, that I am in the same situation. I used Active Sky with my Xplane 11 Code just as the beta for Xplane 12 was available. I updated several versions. I was on holiday and busy at work during this small crucial time frame where one had to update. Now I am also not getting a free upgrade. This is just such a bad move in my opinion. I understand the frustration of you guys. I am also not going to purchase any product from this company. 

• Like 1

Does indeed sound like a very archaic way of doing things. I also don't like how your key isn't simply tied up in your login, like every other software under the sun. Still have to dig out my key on installation, alongside having a login, which seems pointless.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB