Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

FSX-SP2 Details post should be next Monday or Tuesday

>That's called marketing. If you want the patch soon, then>pay for it with Acceleration. Once the sales of Acceleration>have diminished, then they will release it for free download. >It's an angle to increase revenue, but I don't agree with it.>>CurtCurt - no insult intended but that's just pure BS and you should know better.Sheesh!Q6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioined for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

>Acceleration and SP2 are 2 separate sets of bits out of 2>separate source trees, with 2 separate setups, so 2 separate>test passes are required.>>and we are probably going to have a separate beta for SP2 to>make sure we didnt miss an integration/bug fix out of the>Acceleration tree and into the SP2 tree, as well as beta the>SP2 setup.>>so that is why there is a delay.Psssht... And I thought software cooking wasn't that complicated. :) Thank you for the update Phil; I really appreciate your participation on AVSIM.Bob..

Let's see if I understand then. The fixes or updates that SP2 contains are integrated within the Acceleration install and are not yet available as a stand alone install?And I know this might be asked later so does installing Acceleration negate the need to download and install the SP2 free download when it arrives?Ian.

Guest roddymod

Thanks for supplying these details Phil, now you have us totally confused.Rod.

If you buy Acceleration, you will not need to install SP2 as it is already in Acceleration. I believe setup will tell you that.

Phil,Thanks for taking the time to visit the AVSIM forums...Any of you from ACES studio are always welcome to talk anything FS here.Just no politics or religion.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

ok, im a bit confused here. i understand that sp2 will be both free and payware. i also understand that you can download it and u can get it from the fs addon. but what i dont understand is if they are going to be the same update in the payware one and the free one. or if the payware one will have different features and more features than the free one. that is what i want to know

Acceleration - a full feature add-on for FSX will be available to purchase shortly and will include SP2.......as a bonus if you like.This will include loads more missions, carriers with F-18's and caterpults etc, Mustang air racing.......I'm sure you've seen all the info by now - plus SP2 which fixes a few things like you would expect a service pack to do.A seperate and free to download SP2 will be released seperately later............and this is just the service pack itself.

Cheers

Paul Golding

Guest Pilot533

Alright, so I guess if we really cant wait for sp2 (me) then we can get it sooner by paying for the addon? And its good to know that there will be a free sp2, now we don't need a rant thread. ;).

Thanks for clarifying, deciphering that riddle took more computing power than FSX.I'll also agree with all the thanks for keeping us updated and participating in the forums, despite some negativity here and there it is greatly appreciated.Ian.

""SP2 will be a free update. The confusion will arise from the fact that Acceleration includes the SP2 bits, and will come out before SP2 becomes available. Our release schedule doesn't allow for them to both come out at the same time, unfortunately.Brian SmithDevelopment Lead | AccelerationACES""I.o.w.: for Microsoft, generating more revenue from FSX (i.e. selling the payware Accelleration) has priority over serving customers with a ServicePack2 that solves bugs in, c.q. implements features (DX10-related) promissed with, the RTM release of FSX.Very clear. At least we (the initial buyers of FSX) now know where we stand. But IMHO someone should get his priorities straightened :-(Rob

Guest Stoopy

>I.o.w.: for Microsoft, generating more revenue from FSX (i.e.>selling the payware Accelleration) has priority over serving>customers with a ServicePack2 that solves bugs in, c.q.>implements features (DX10-related) promissed with, the RTM>release of FSX.>>Very clear. At least we (the initial buyers of FSX) now know>where we stand. >But IMHO someone should get his priorities straightened :-(You mean "I.o.o." (In other OPINION)The approach described makes perfect sense if your goal is to try to ensure BOTH are available in the minimum amount of time with respect to the other. The explanation was given - very clearly - that the decision has to do with seperate testing efforts due to seperate development branches. Testing the "Accelleration" release WITH SP2 takes longer (you're testing A + :( and then testing SP2 stand-alone (just :( takes less time, so they'll be released closer together. I think the priorities are very agreeable because most of us (other than those intent on turning an update post into a not-so-subtle attempt at a rant post) want the franchise to make a profit and have a future so our HOBBY and PASTIME has a future.I.o.w think long-term here and also about consecutive test and release schedule realities. Not uncommon practice at all in the software world.Erich