Sign in to follow this  
Max Kraus

Headwind A330-900 - Stable 0.4.0

Hi guys,

I have been impressed with the latest version of the Headwind A330. This could be my long-hauler of choice until the 777 provides the balance, much like todays 737/A320 dynamic. (Both of which I switch in and out of).

I found the HW flew very well, 3 hour flight, climbed out nicely, no big pitch or power problems, Approach and landing very nice to hand fly at the end. I did a short block in 4x speed and it handled it fine. 

What impressed me the most was the sound set. It has this really nice bottom-end rumble to it that you often feel when in the cabin for real. Putting a small bit of power in when taxiing really feels nice. The first few seconds of take off also. This distinguishes the plane a bit from the smaller jets we are using.

Give it a go.

• Like 2

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Cool, thanks for the heads up. The avionics are from FlyByWire, right? How is the autopilot? It still doesn't have VNAV, right? 

37 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Cool, thanks for the heads up. The avionics are from FlyByWire, right? How is the autopilot? It still doesn't have VNAV, right? 

Correct, I had to use the descent calculator. Might have another go to confirm I didn't miss anything but it's very much a FBW look and feel.

• Like 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

They use the avionics of the latest FBW 0.10.0 stable version (slightly cusomized for the A330). So no VNAV in there. They don't want to use dev or exp version cause we update these versions very often, which would mean for Headwind they would have to constantly adapt their plane to new versions.

• Like 7

FlyByWire Simulations

Is there a new Simbrief profile for the Headwind A330?  I'm using the original

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

Is there a new Simbrief profile for the Headwind A330?  I'm using the original

There's a new one included by Simbrief especially for the Headwind version (A330-900 -> airframe: Headwind MSFS).

• Like 1

Did my first flight yesterday since the updated release.  Really impressed.  Sound package also a top notch enhancement.

• Like 2

I heard next week should be VNAV. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

We need an extra door that can open for boarding passengers.
At this moment only one door is opening on the left side.
The boarding takes forever with GSX...

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

5 hours ago, rutrA said:

I heard next week should be VNAV. 

Gavin over at Easy Jet Sim Pilot is streaming the prerelease VNAV now, so it does feel imminent.

• Like 2

Sunday release apparently

• Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

1 minute ago, BrammyH said:

I wonder if the stable FBW will release then with VNAV. 

It will as part of version 0.11

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Wow that's quick. Why didn't they include it in 0.10, which was released this week? There have been no updates to VNAV since then, if I read GitHub correctly.
Anyway great to hear the Headwind will have VNAV, too!

Edited by Fiorentoni

Wow, the Headwind A330 is also getting VNAV soon? If the Headwind A330 gets VNAV, does that mean it will be better than the upcoming Aerosoft A330? How will the Aerosoft A330 match the Headwind A330?

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM