Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

What places in the world using FS blew you away?

Wondering what various locations around the world when viewed in FS blew you away compared to what you perceived they would look like.  Many of us have used older FS sims for years but nothing compares to what we have now.  Maui was one for me with the way the island rises out the water.  I'm sure there's other areas I haven't dreamed of around the world where the very way the land looks in virtual person can't compare to pictures or Google Earth.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Basically anything that never did before on FSX/P3D. Just seeing those different ground colors is a beauty on its own.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Flying over my own house in alpha, Southampton, England. Took my breath away. Even had my car in the drive! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Papua New Guinea and Indonesia.  There are interior Highlands areas that are literally still blank spots on the maps in terms of satellite imagery so those aren't good in the sim, but most of the island looks really great, and the bush flying to those hundreds of sloping strips - by DEFAULT, even without any addon scenery - is like nowhere else on earth!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

What continues to blow me away is that MSFS attempts and succeeds, more often than not, in presenting a visually believable world regardless of location.  IMO a huge step up from what we had to "believe" for years with P3D/FSX. 

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

There were a few pics of an airport in NZ in the mountains right off a lake.  I forget what airport that was.  Been meaning to check out the area but forgot the airport name.

FS2020 

Costa Rica  👍

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

On a RTW trip, which places have blown me away ? France's Massif Central, the bay of Naples dominated by Mt. Vesuvius, the sparkling Aegean with the Corinth canal, Iran's Gulf coast, the Ganges in India, the bridge over the River Kwai, Singapore at night, the vast Australian outback, visible remnants of old WW2 runways in the Philippines, and now the sight of Fujiyama. All done in Just Flight's Arrow III. Then, just for a change, beating up ChicoMick's astonishing Duxford in Flying Iron's three WW2 fighters. All this, and I've barely scratched the surface. The Americas and Africa await. MSFS is an utter joy. 

• Like 6

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

24 minutes ago, Dillon said:

There were a few pics of an airport in NZ in the mountains right off a lake.  I forget what airport that was.  Been meaning to check out the area but forgot the airport name.

NZQN Queenstown?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dillon said:

This could describe, literally, dozens of locations in NZ. But as in most of the world, the representation of that country in MSFS is incomparably better than in any earlier sim. We are truly in a new era. 

1 hour ago, martinc172 said:

NZQN Queenstown?

Found it, NZMF.🍺  Flightsim.to has scenery for it.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

2 hours ago, Paul K said:

On a RTW trip, which places have blown me away ? France's Massif Central, the bay of Naples dominated by Mt. Vesuvius, the sparkling Aegean with the Corinth canal, Iran's Gulf coast, the Ganges in India, the bridge over the River Kwai, Singapore at night, the vast Australian outback, visible remnants of old WW2 runways in the Philippines, and now the sight of Fujiyama. All done in Just Flight's Arrow III. Then, just for a change, beating up ChicoMick's astonishing Duxford in Flying Iron's three WW2 fighters. All this, and I've barely scratched the surface. The Americas and Africa await. MSFS is an utter joy. 

Make sure Monument National Park is on your list when you start touring the U.S.

Fly as sun is just rising and you'll get breathtaking views as you watch the sun crawl up the rock formations.

uj9jgE.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
Avsim being stupid again
  • Like 9

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Make sure Monument National Park is on your list when you start touring the U.S.

Fly as sun is just rising and you'll get breathtaking views as you watch the sun crawl up the rock formations.

Oh yes - that is an absolute 'must'. Thanks for the tip! 🙂

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

When Covid hit in 2020, a mate and myself did a RTW trip in the TBM.    Took us a year to complete, but honestly one of the best things you can do in MSFS.    So many amazing experiences and OMG moments.  I would suggest to anyone that has not yet done this, to find a buddy to commit to it and do it.  It's probably the most fun I've had on my PC ever.  True virtual tourism

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 6