Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

MSFS simmers, here’s why you should care!

FSLabs nears completion of its Concorde for P3D – MSFS simmers, here’s why you should care.

https://msfsaddons.com/2023/05/19/fslabs-nears-completion-of-its-concorde-for-p3d-msfs-simmers-heres-why-you-should-care/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Flight Level said:

FSLabs nears completion of its Concorde for P3D – MSFS simmers, here’s why you should care.

https://msfsaddons.com/2023/05/19/fslabs-nears-completion-of-its-concorde-for-p3d-msfs-simmers-heres-why-you-should-care/

I am skeptical how this will sell for P3D, since a lot of hobbyist simmers have left P3D for MSFS. Fortunately for FSLabs, no other company is making a study level Concorde for MSFS, so FSLabs has that market cornered for themselves in MSFS.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Aim a total fan of FSL since their inception and their superb work in P3D , I Switched to MSFS because P3D just cannot compete with MSFS visually , but don't understand why they haven't brought their Voodoo to MSFS, it saddens me 

• Like 5

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Yeah they said in May 2022 (!) that it's 6 to 8 weeks from beta... so perhaps in 2024 it might release for P3D and subsequently in 2027 for MSFS.

They did say that work is ongoing on the A330 series for MSFS. No specific data was given, just that it will be an A330.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

6 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I am skeptical how this will sell for P3D, since a lot of hobbyist simmers have left P3D for MSFS.

Maybe they will sell 100 or so copies.....😉

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

I’m also skeptical that 1) this is actually close to P3D release, 2) they’ll sell more than a small number of copies for P3D, and 3) that we’ll see this in MSFS in the next couple of years.

That all being said, I genuinely love the stuff about how they’re recreating the kind of paper charts crews would have used, virtually. This is great, this is something new! It’s exactly this kind of innovation in simming that I wish we’d see more of from the big developers, in whichever sim.

If this makes it to MSFS before the heat death of the universe, I’ll buy it!

James

• Like 3

At least it will put a smile on the face of  @Ray Proudfoot

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

24 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

At least it will put a smile on the face of  @Ray Proudfoot

Not until it’s available for purchase.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I can only assume that there are some development aspects required by Concorde which MSFS cannot yet do?  Otherwise it has to rank amongst the dumbest strategic decisions in flightsim.  P3D?  Now?  Really?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Maybe they will sell 100 or so copies.....😉

I'm thinking that number of copies sold for P3D will reach 4-digit numbers, but I wouldn't want to guess the first digit 😉

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

24 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Not until it’s available for purchase.

But when it has been released I hope that you will try the current version of MSFS….😎 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Just now, GSalden said:

But when it has been released I hope that you will try the current version of MSFS….😎 

Negative.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

I can only assume that there are some development aspects required by Concorde which MSFS cannot yet do?  Otherwise it has to rank amongst the dumbest strategic decisions in flightsim.  P3D?  Now?  Really?

I guess FSLabs was targeting P3D for the longest time, including when they announced the Concorde back in 2020.

IMO though, the mistake that FSLabs made was underestimating how MSFS would disrupt the P3D market, and FSLabs assuming that the P3D market would still be there when the Concorde came out for P3D.

I would really love to be a fly on the wall inside FSLabs in the first few months of the Concorde's release for P3D.  There is a possibility that FSLabs may lose money on the Concorde for P3D, because a lot of P3D users have migrated to MSFS.  In addition, because FSLabs also announced the Concorde for MSFS, the P3D users that moved to MSFS may just wait it out for the Concorde on MSFS.  For these reasons that I mentioned, I think FSLabs may not make a profit on the Concorde for P3D. To be honest, I think FSLabs would be lucky to break even on the Concorde for P3D.

However, if FSLabs planned their architecture and code properly though for the release of the Concorde on MSFS, I think whatever loss they make on the Concorde for P3D can be gained back from their Concorde sales on MSFS.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 8

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

However, if FSLabs planned their architecture and code properly though for the release of the Concorde on MSFS, I think whatever loss they make on the Concorde for P3D can be gained back from their Concorde sales on MSFS.

For them, I hope so.

• Like 1