Sign in to follow this  
burm

ATR 42/72 banks To Left

The ATR 42/72 600 banks to the left after takeoff until I turm on autopilot.

When I turn off the autopilot it still banks left. I have tried adjusting aileron trim to the right but this does not help much'

It must be a bug as the real plane should not operate like this.

I have flown many hours in the Majestic Dash 8-Q400 in P3d and never had this problem, a little right rudder trim on take off roll to maintain centerline

but no banking.

Thanks

Paul

It’s not a bug, otherwise we’d see tons of posts about it. Can you tell us more about your hardware (yoke, rudder, joystick etc.)? Also, did you use any rudder trim for t/o?

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

One thing to check is whether both engines are running correctly - and have the same RPM. I love the ATR and have spent dozens of hours in it since release - and not had the problem you describe. I've never had to fiddle with rudder or aileron trim either (only pitch).

I use AAO (Axis and Ohs) for all my controllers, so it's easy to see whether any of my axes aren't centred.

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I had a similar problem with constant banking and found at last that my rudder pedal was not delivering a neutral signal although the hardware was perfectly centered. At the end of the flight it more or less delivered random signals which made the landing and taxiing a nice challenge 😁.

Unplugging and reconnecting the USB cable did rectify this problem. So, apparently it was not a specific ATR problem.

Many hours on the ATR's in MSFS & haven't had the issue you describe.

Trims all centered on T/Off?

T45

I believe it is a bug with real world weather.  Turn off real world weather and try it.

Also have the issue of banking left. Tried all the usual, USB disconnected and re inserted (Honeycomb yoke) and checking thrust matches left and right ( TCA Airbus), Checked with PMDG 737 and all is good, only happening with the ATR. Did you find a solution Burm?

• Like 1

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

Thanks for all your advice. I have tried reconnecting all devices, all trims centered, using right rudder or aileron trim with no improvement.

I checked engines and props are in sync. This is the only plane this happens in. tried clearing real weather withj no luck.

Does rudder Trim help?

https://youtu.be/c9XvKgOTuNA

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Is the fuel balanced well?
I do not have the ATR but some GA aircraft bank when the wing tanks are not balanced.

The only thing I might add to the conversation is that Listing to several live streams with the ATR. The pull to the right issue has 

come up as well. The answer given, was that the ATR's props are not counter rotating, as they are in the Dash-8's. The props rotate clockwise and therefore exert a pull to the left. My only experience with this, after almost 20 plus hours, has been on the takeoff roll and power being applied. Also somewhat noticeable is in free flight following a compass heading.  

just my two cents....

Edited by razbdaz
spelling

Dash 8s do not have counterrotating props, at least Q400s. They very much pull to one side, to extent that I'd usually dial in one needle widths of rudder trim before takeoff and progressively reduce it as airspeed increased during early climb.

I would look at fuel and payload balance if you've categorically ruled out trim and erroneous control inputs

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

14 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I would look at fuel and load balance if you've categorically ruled out trim and erroneous control inputs

I also tend to think that's the culprit. However - I took a hard look at my fuel useage in my last few flights and couldn't see how they could *not* be balanced. Capacity decreases evenly - even without the XFer pump being activated.

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

24 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

However - I took a hard look at my fuel useage in my last few flights and couldn't see how they could *not* be balanced. Capacity decreases evenly - even without the XFer pump being activated.

In normal operations, that's expected. You'd only need to crossfeed in unusual circumstances, for example if you had to shut down an engine enroute or if you had used hotel mode for a long time.

Another way that a fuel imbalance could develop, though, is by inadvertently filling only one of the tanks.

I've tried everything suggested and other thing to no avail. Tried with yoke and banks left, unplugged and tried just with joystick same result. Looked at the fuel/balance, all good. Reset all settings in controls, re calibrated only seams to be a issue in the ATR. With the time spent in ATR so far I get used to just having a little right input on the yoke to compensate for the left bank so still having fun but would be great to get rid of the issue.

Paul

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel