Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Kiribati, home to the most MSFS players per capita

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/official-community-fly-in-friday-world-ocean-day/595608

June 8 is World Oceans Day 6, an event to foster public interest in the protection of Earth’s oceans and the sustainable management of their resources! To recognize this occasion, our weekly fly-in will be an island-hopping tour of some Pacific Ocean atolls which received scenery enhancements in World Update 13: Oceania. This flight will also see us visit the island nation of Kiribati.  Our telemetry data shows that Kiribati is home to more Microsoft Flight Simulator players per capita than any other country!

Kiribati.

"What, where?" 😄

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiribati

10 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Our telemetry data shows that Kiribati is home to more Microsoft Flight Simulator players per capita than any other country!

With only two people living there, that's about right...😁🤪

I just found the island on a map and figured that.  In looking more closely it says the population is 119,000, go figure...🙃

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

wasnt this the place which was the first place (time zone wise) that people could buy ms2020 ?

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

22 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

wasnt this the place which was the first place (time zone wise) that people could buy ms2020 ?

Of course it was. It's a very well know inside joke, that MS seems to be playing along with.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Of course it was. It's a very well know inside joke, that MS seems to be playing along with.

Funny times, lol. 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

It's also the first Island country to go under water if the climate heating continues much longer 😟

I think Tuvalu might be leading. I believe the airport at Funafuti is flooded quite frequently.

I was at the airport on Tarawa when the first plane landed for some years in 1964. IIRC an amphibian from the Marshall Islands, US Navy? The runway was unlit and grass and definitely no fuel. The only regular callers were RNZAF Sunderland's using the lagoon. BTW on board these, freshly cooked steaks were served, cooked in front of you on paraffin stove.

Another claim for Kiribati is that it straddles the date line as Christmas Island well to the east is in that nation.

• Like 1

Fun fact: Kiribati may be spelled with "ti" at the end but it is pronounced "Kiribas". Confusing, isn't it?

"313" square miles. That is like a square with 18 miles on each side. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Looks like I’m moving to Kiribati again in the near future 

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

50 minutes ago, garlicbread11 said:

Looks like I’m moving to Kiribati again in the near future 

You will love it. Once here, no moving back! 

• Like 1