Sign in to follow this  
skyhawk13

Apple's New VR Googles

Apple announced their new VR goggles the other day. Does anyone know if it might be able to work in FS2020?

10 minutes ago, skyhawk13 said:

Apple announced their new VR goggles the other day. Does anyone know if it might be able to work in FS2020?

I’m confident not a single person can answer that for you. Other than showing off some it’s capabilities, we know almost nothing about it yet.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Thanks for the reply. Also, the expense would make it unavailable to some of the flight simmers. It would have to be a real game changer for anyone to consider it at that price.

Since it's Apple, I wouldn't be surprised if it's exclusive to Apple products and didn't run MSFS.

What we apparently do know about it is it runs programs and games on its own hardware alone, is just as powerful in doing that as the highest end hardware available and shrinks that from a desktop PC down to something sitting in part of the headset, uses a fraction only of the power required by a desktop PC for the same task and also delivers that off of a battery if desired all while rendering at over 4k per eye and a 240° FOV (much better than any other headset).

This is like going from the age of industrialisation straight to flying cars for everyone, skipping all the steps of tech evolution in between. Color me skeptical to say the least as it's more likely you'll find a unicorn instead. The hype is real.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

My impression that apple VR is like computer in shape of skimask that provided augmented reality

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

If it is an Apple product, you can be sure it is overpriced. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Apple specializes in products that nobody really needs and gets people to spend money they don't really have. 

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Apple specializes in products that nobody really needs and gets people to spend money they don't really have. 

Totally disagree with you. Have been using iPad and iPhone in cockpit for years and very happy with it. Apple Watch can beat any Swiss watch with functionality and price. 

Now, when it comes to Vision pro I'm on the fence. Google glass, Microsoft HoloLens had similar aim but never picked up. Only time will tell about Vision Pro

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

iPad....iPhone...iPod...iPoor......😟

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Well said by everybody here. It could be the next big thing or a total flop. Kind of reminded me of the Iron Man movies where Tony Stark uses his computer in the garage or man cave. But it might get old having to wear that on your head for a long time. May get very fatiguing.

8 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Apple Watch can beat any Swiss watch with functionality and price.

You're kinda missing the point. Swiss watches are a prestige item; and while the Apple watch is top tier in the realm of smart watches, every Tom, Dick and Harry is wearing one. Not to mention it shackles you to the Apple eco system.

As far as the Vision Pro is concerned it's far too early to say. On the other hand, if one can use this headset as a replacement for a TV I can see a definite market for them as filling your vision, central and peripheral, with a screen and at 4K per eye would be a great alternative to a monster 85"+ black box hanging on  a wall (along with associated costs).

Interesting concept.

Edited by speedyTC

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

I agree. Can't wait to try one . I hope the Apple stores get them for people to check out. Something to look forward to.

I know I am getting this on release day 1.  If not for simming but I bet other vr experiences will be amazing.  For example, I won't have to go Las Vegas now....😉

Edited by Skywolf
  • Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

On 6/11/2023 at 8:54 AM, Bobsk8 said:

If it is an Apple product, you can be sure it is overpriced. 

Except their stock.  😝

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

Got a used Reverb G2 and saw one today even cheaper. No way I would spend that much only for some Apple apps...

But yea the technology is awesome, hopes pcvr catches up asap.