Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

MSFS 2024 FAQ now up

6 minutes ago, cercata said:

MSFS 2020 was already on Xbox, casual gamers will be word not allowed off too ...

well casual gamers don't have much content and showing the missions going to bring a lot of new players.  is like truck simulator is something that was missing in msfs 20 

Just hope they don't switch off the terrain and weather of MSFS 2020 to support this clownery called MSFS 2024

4 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

Just hope they don't switch off the terrain and weather of MSFS 2020 to support this clownery called MSFS 2024

Maybe it will also use them

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

19 minutes ago, michdb8 said:

that trailer is focus on casual gamers no sim players, is show on the biggest videogame conference of the year,  a flight simulator trailer which is a big niche, so the trailers focus on bring new players  i pretty sure latter they release other trailers more focus on sim improves.

and the Microsoft conference yesterday was the best by far in all summer fest conferences

Aye and it caused the flight simulator community uncertainty, so it failed in its objective. Its not the casual simmers (of which I am one to a degree) that will keep the longevity of this title going, its the die hards, they are the guys who build their world by spending money on it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

is the same game engine so the source is the same  so they can have both running  only changes are the new  features they ill add  during time 

9 minutes ago, nikolajz1 said:

If that's one of the worst pieces of marketing you've ever seen you must watch very little online. So hyperbolic. 

Nothing hyperbolic about it. It was poor communication.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

It's been received incredibly well outside the hardcore flight sim bubble. It's a big world out there and we're not alone in it, fellow.

By non customers ... but casual gammers that already bought MSFS 2020 ?

Nobody is saying the product is bad, the thing is the commercial strategy, community fragmentation ...

Edited by cercata

The poor communication over multiple areas since release reminds me of the line from Cool Hand Luke (and Guns 'N Roses!);

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

25 minutes ago, Ant1975uk said:

Nothing hyperbolic about it. It was poor communication.

This is no different from when MS2020 was announced 

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, cercata said:

said it was a 10 year proyect ... I see now it was a mistake.

it wasn’t a mistake, that hasn’t changed. This is part of that 10 year project.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

90% of my add-ons I've purchased outside of the MSFS market place either direct from the developer or the usual platforms. What will happen with those? Will MSFS 2024 allow the easy transfer/installation into the community folder?

That is my question too. I use PSXT and it only reads airports that are not encrypted.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

This is no different from when MS2020 was announced 

But that was an entirely different situation to what we've got now, back then it was a brand new product whereby a single video projecting hype was perfectly acceptable. This time a video with no backup statement is appalling, simple as.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

The Q&A says most addons should still work. So imagine you’ll be able to copy and paste 

1 minute ago, MarcG said:

This time a video with no backup statement is appalling, simple as.

Only for those with silly high standards.

this is normal for the industry

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

Only for those with silly high standards.

Or just basic standards requesting some common sense when it was required 😉

• Like 1