Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

MSFS 2024 FAQ now up

Nah, this is fine. It needs a separate thread.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Ok so we now have a basic faq. Not to put more oil in the fire but this leaves room for interpretation for direct purchases outside the marketplace:

Add-ons that were purchased from the in-simulator Marketplace will not need to be re-purchased in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.

• Like 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 minutes ago, DAD said:

Ok so we now have a basic faq. Not to put more oil in the fire but this leaves room for interpretation for direct purchases outside the marketplace:

Add-ons that were purchased from the in-simulator Marketplace will not need to be re-purchased in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.

I suppose... But I guess, that they cannot speak for developers who could make their own decisions. They can only control, what's inside the Marketplace, as they set the rules for those addons? I have a feeling, though, that addon-developers would comply with similar guidelines, if/when migrating to the new sim. 

Edited by anden145
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

5 minutes ago, anden145 said:

that they cannot speak for developers who could make their own decisions. They can only control, what's inside the Marketplace,

Correct. Thought the same. Makes sense. Devs will be almost forced to follow this approach as otherwise they will feel the power of the community and burn themselves. Yet I am still willing to pay marginal upgrade fees like for EGLC if something major changes

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

So it's a new sim and they're gonna support both platforms.. so what's gonna be new in 2024?

Just as I expected. Not sure what all the noise was about.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB

Just now, MikeH99 said:

So it's a new sim and they're gonna support both platforms.. so what's gonna be new in 2024?

Exactly... from what ive seen, looks like the same engine material... clouds...with a few bells and whistles... when i saw the announcement i thought at least something like Unreal Engine 5 standards... maybe there's more under the hood than we know?

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | Tobii Eye Tracker | Pimax Crystal Light (soon!)

Doug 

In other news, sales of 4tb SSDs prices rocket as FS enthusiasts hold onto 2 versions whilst the new one irons all the problems out. 😄

• Like 3

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

1 minute ago, MikeH99 said:

Probably support as in we are not turning off the servers. You'll continue to get some updates but don't expect the current pace we are seeing now. But I'm quite sure the focus will be on msfs 2024 after release. The add-ons not transferring would have been the deal breaker for me. As long as the add-on transfers, I'm happy to upgrade to 2024. And they just confirmed that.

• Like 1

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC

24 minutes ago, brinx said:

Just as I expected. Not sure what all the noise was about.

There are still a lot of open questions though.

The biggest for me is: Will all of the standard/premium/deluxe edition content from 2020 carry over into 2024? 2020 is a huge package by now, with countless planes, handcrafted airports, bush trips, etc. etc...

A lot of the premium airplanes only became good to fly in the past few months. There's a huge amount of content in 2020 that I haven't even really tried out yet. I hope they make the right decision and carry this stuff over.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"We will continue to support Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) post the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 launch."

That's all I wanted to hear.   Would have liked to hear for how long they intend to support it post FS20204, but as long as I can keep using for the next few years that's good news.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DAD said:

90% of my add-ons I've purchased outside of the MSFS market place either direct from the developer or the usual platforms. What will happen with those? Will MSFS 2024 allow the easy transfer/installation into the community folder?

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 minutes ago, The Moose said:

"We will continue to support Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) post the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 launch."

That's all I wanted to hear.   Would have liked to hear for how long they intend to support it post FS20204, but as long as I can keep using for the next few years that's good news.

They said addons that you bought in the store will work. They sell the deluxe and premium as upgrades in the store.

2 hours ago, scotchegg said:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2024-faq/

Sorry, see this is in the other thread now. Delete as appropriate!

But it was posted by an Egg, and an Egg from Scotland, so, it has a truly different taste !!!

Thank you Scotch... My fingers are hearting with so much clicking since, yesterday night this REMARKABLE NEWS hit my eyes and suddenly flooded my brain with dreams of the upcoming sim 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3