Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

MSFS 2024 FAQ now up

2 minutes ago, cercata said:

That's why I'll not give a single dollar anymore to microsoft ...

And rightfully so! Asobo works for free after all, they don't deserve any more of our money. We deserve unlimited free updates until MSFS is a perfect replication of reality, because that is what they promised 3 years ago!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

people overreacting on a trailers that is show on a casual gamers conference focus on what casual gamers are attractive if they improve atc or ia traffic or weather  they don't gona show at videogames conference later they will release more information on more technical improves   and when release is gona be 4 years since release of 2020 for spend 40 $  in a upgrade  is fine  just check how videogame industry work and you will see how fortune we are. 

Edited by michdb8
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Funky D said:

And rightfully so! Asobo works for free after all, they don't deserve any more of our money. We deserve unlimited free updates until MSFS is a perfect replication of reality, because that is what they promised 3 years ago!

I was expending quite a lot of money in the marketplace because they said it was a 10 year proyect ... I see now it was a mistake.

If they release a 60$ dollar DLC with missions, I'll buy it, because it doesn't fragmentate the sim.

Edited by cercata

Just now, cercata said:

All I see it's they made a big announcement without giving more info, they knew a lot of people would have a lot of questions ...

They are just expecting to see the reaction of people, to take the decision, don't be naive.

Nope, everyone said the exact same thing’s when MSFS2020 trailer dropped out of nowhere… « oh they are here to make a game, another MS Flight they will abandon 2 years later, MS will cut accès to the servers steeling photogrammetry… »

this is simply the way MS comunicate, deal with it and wait for them to update you with more info…don’t make assumptions, that’s not how the world works

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cyril972 said:

Nope, everyone said the exact same thing’s when MSFS2020 trailer dropped out of nowhere… « oh they are here to make a game, another MS Flight they will abandon 2 years later, MS will cut accès to the servers steeling photogrammetry… »

What I remember at the time was excepticism, "that can't be real, graphics are too good" 😮

2 minutes ago, cercata said:

I was expending quite a lot of money in the marketplace because they said it was a 10 year proyect ... I see now it was a mistake.

And those products will continue to work in 2020, so you won't need to worry about giving any more money to Microsoft.

• Like 2

To me all this is a lot of noise about nothing.

I assume MSFS 2024 will work just like a WU / SU for existing MSFS users if they opt for it.

MS/Asobo just make it a '"standalone" product to justify they are selling it for money again.

I'm fine with that every four years. It gives them a constant cashflow and ensures MSFS will be a flagship brand of Microsoft and will exist for a long time.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

It doesn't make sense to continually support MSFS2020, other franchises that release in yearly cycles end support practically the minute the next one comes out. I fear resources are gonna be stretched and it's not like they're utilised fully now or in the recent past, but I guess we'll see in due course.

Yes indeed, 

what for support for 2020 if 2024 will be the same platform with better content????

what for support for 2 games ???

if we are going for new version - OK, move on and forget about 2020.

Two version together?? it will be a MESS 🙂

Edited by Epgd
  • Like 3

Whichever way you look at it, it was one of the worst pieces of marketing I've ever seen. In the day and age of the consumer and empathy it was a massive fail. I used to run campaigns for people like Rolls-Royce, Bentley and Tata Steel, theres no way the strategy you saw yesterday would have flown (excuse the pun) 10 years ago never mind now.

Xbox hasn't had a good time of it the last six months and some of their decision making has been damaging.

The surprise and wow factor of last nights trailer was completely lost in uncertainty. They should have showed the trailer and then said something like "And the great news is FS2020 players can carry on playing with the content they already own" or something simple like that, would have cleared up 80% of questions.

Edited by Ant1975uk
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ant1975uk said:

Whichever way you look at it, it was one of the worst pieces of marketing I've ever seen. In the day and age of the consumer and empathy it was a massive fail. I used to run campaigns for people like Rolls-Royce, Bentley and Tata Steel, theres no way the strategy you saw yesterday would have flown (excuse the pun) 10 years ago never mind now.

Xbox hasn't had a good time of it the last six months and some of their decision making has been damaging.

The surprise and wow factor of last nights trailer was completely lost in uncertainty. They should have showed the trailer and then said something like "And the great news is FS2020 players can carry on playing with the content they already own" or something simple like that, would have cleared up 80% of questions.

that trailer is focus on casual gamers no sim players, is show on the biggest videogame conference of the year,  a flight simulator trailer which is a big niche, so the trailers focus on bring new players  i pretty sure latter they release other trailers more focus on sim improves.

and the Microsoft conference yesterday was the best by far in all summer fest conferences

Edited by michdb8
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, cercata said:

What I remember at the time was excepticism, "that can't be real, graphics are too good" 😮

Yes some said the graphics where good, that is true. But a LOT, a LOT of simmers immediately rejected that Ms reentry into the Flight Sim market, « this is a game, they will cut access to the servers, I’m going to stick with P3D or Xplane » so much concern the MS published an Update 1 week after the trailer saying « MSFS2020 is a simulation oriented product » 

here 3 years on the same story again an again 

Edited by cyril972
  • Upvote 1

Like it's kind of ridiculous I paid a premium to fly the 787 and it's been a mess for 3 years and finally it's been fixed. As I get older the patience for buying things that don't work gets lesser and I should just take up golf or something.

Edited by MikeH99

26 minutes ago, michdb8 said:

that trailer is focus on casual gamers no sim players

MSFS 2020 was already on Xbox, casual gamers will be angry too ...

Edited by cercata

16 minutes ago, Ant1975uk said:

It's been received incredibly well outside the hardcore flight sim bubble. It's a big world out there and we're not alone in it, fellow.

Edited by spacedyemeerkat
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ant1975uk said:

If that's one of the worst pieces of marketing you've ever seen you must watch very little online. So hyperbolic.