Sign in to follow this  
shermank

LM is a major sponsor of FLIGHTSIM EXPO

Big bucks I don`t think so with the number of sponsors it will be peanuts to LM. And real pilots go to the show.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Didn't the same thing happen last year? I don't remember...

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Remember to set your expectations sky high! Surely you won't be disappointed this time.

• Upvote 2

This show isn't just for hobbyists it also is for all the flight schools and training company's.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

What's the rush?  Many folks fail to realize that while flightsim enthusiasts are not LM's primary focus, it's main bread & butter is from military and commercial contracts.  The flightsim community is merely a testbed arena for their platform. Commercial and Military clients do not have the time to perform product testing unless they are looking for specific features within the simulation platform.   Whereas the fltsim community is able to expand on the multiple configurations with hardware, scenery, etc.

So of course, it would make sense to sponsor an event for a community upon which they.  Just my thought on the issue.

Cheers

• Like 2

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

If your thinking about V6 don`t be surprised if they don`t tell you, they are as open as MS about new releases.

Raymond Fry.

So Lockheed Martin a multi billion dollar company spent the same amount as PMDG, ORBX, Honeycomb, Navigraph and a few others for sponsorship at a flightsim show and that is somehow a big deal?  

It probably cost them less than a nice client dinner lol.  Incidentally, they just sent a team to Las Vegas for a week to speak as guests at our customer event and I know what their dinners cost LOL.  

And I am saying this as a P3D fan BTW but this is sort of making a mountain out of a molehill speculation... 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

It's a good sign that they are attending and sponsoring, I will be watching online as the online pass is very good value.

P.S. Online registration is only $15 plus fees, and recordings of all sessions available until the end of July.

Edited by simfan1983

4 hours ago, crosswind said:

Many folks fail to realize that while flightsim enthusiasts are not LM's primary focus, it's main bread & butter is from military and commercial contracts.

That doesn’t mean they ignore what attracts the student pilot and keeps us coming back for more.

Did they need to go 64-bit? Or go from DX9 to DX12? Or maintain backward compatibility with FSX and earlier versions of P3D with a few exceptions.

I’m sure they take us into account more than you might think.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m sure they take us into account more than you might think.

By all means Ray, of course they take the Flightsim community into account, but my statement was that the community is not LM's primary focus.

They are a great team to work with and they do listen to simmers and developers, and fix and or implement changes when able to.

• Like 1

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

1 hour ago, crosswind said:

By all means Ray, of course they take the Flightsim community into account, but my statement was that the community is not LM's primary focus.

They are a great team to work with and they do listen to simmers and developers, and fix and or implement changes when able to.

I agree we’re not their primary focus. But still a significant group.

Whilst I’m assured they read everything posted on their forum it would be better if they engaged with us more. Take the finding I posted on their site a few months back. Over 2,000 airports have no parking positions. So how does an aircraft land or depart? Nothing back from them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I agree we’re not their primary focus. But still a significant group.

Whilst I’m assured they read everything posted on their forum it would be better if they engaged with us more. Take the finding I posted on their site a few months back. Over 2,000 airports have no parking positions. So how does an aircraft land or depart? Nothing back from them.

They did once if you remember on this very forum so did PMDG but some the remarks made put an end to that, so PMDG host their own forum under their own rules.

Raymond Fry.

7 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

They did once if you remember on this very forum so did PMDG but some the remarks made put an end to that, so PMDG host their own forum under their own rules.

I can’t remember. It must have been a fair while ago.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

45 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I can’t remember. It must have been a fair while ago.

Yes this is my second coming to Avsim I was a member when FS2000,2004 and FSX under a different email, but stop simming for a while due workload. Then Avsim crashed and when I came back had to start again. PMDG had a support forum that PMDG developers participated in that required your real name in the sig so they could tell you were a users of the product. due some post that were not complementary and did not use the product. LM developers also posted in this forum but stopped for the same reason. 

PS I have been a member or a reader of the forum for over 25 years.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.