Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

who is still buying stuff for 2020, since 2024 is coming out

28 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Well so much for the doom and gloom narrative that MS nuked the third party market with that announcement.

Lol, thats right tho. Even iff i did not want a program at some point, i would still support a developer that was working to improve the hobby, with a small donation, for example.

19 hours ago, March Hare said:

Obviously we will have to wait and see exactly what the plan is, but I did wonder whether the new flight simulator might be focused on the missions demonstrated in the trailer, so it will be more focused, whereas the existing version will still be developed for general simulation.

But then again, I guess it wouldn't be called Flight Simulator 2024, if that were the case, it would probably have a different subtitle... 🤔

Missions have been part of every sim, as a standalone category. 

My reading of it, is that the missions demonstrated in the video were to highlight core improvements made to the sim.  Bush fires, tornadoes, animations (look at the improvement in the way the animated characters move -  much more life like.  ).  Look at helicopter sling rope - seems to be real physics ...helicopter fligh modelling ....etc etc.    Yes, they were all demonstrated missions, but it's the sim improvements which I took away from that.  

Edited by ErichB

12 hours ago, Krakin said:

Well so much for the doom and gloom narrative that MS nuked the third party market with that announcement.

Contrary to popular belief round these parts, AVSim does not speak for the entire MSFS community 😉 

Although I can't see it being much different elsewhere, people will probably carry on regardless as hinted at in this thread.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

9 hours ago, MarcG said:

Contrary to popular belief round these parts, AVSim does not speak for the entire MSFS community 😉 

I wonder if MS/Asobo actually read through our huge AVSim VR debacle back then, I'm sure it must have been pure comedy reading through that thread.🤣😂

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Of course I will. As soon as T2G fixes the PG at KMCO, I'm in. Same with Flightbeam KMSP. I'll be on that like white on rice as soon as it comes out. Any and all new add-ons will be considered as well. There will be no change in my habits.

Most of these threads are ridiculous. People are getting upset for no reason. I hope MS & Asobo give us MSFS 2024, 28, 32, etc.. It's a wonderful thing.

The trailer simply highlighted the newest stuff that they wanted to show off. It will absolutely continue to be a "regular" flight simulator just as all of the previous versions have been. I'd be willing to bet that many of the "not planned" items in the MSFS 2020 road map show up in MSFS 2024. Sometimes, it's just not possible to modify a version so that it includes new things, or fixes older things without requiring significant modifications. New versions allow a developer to make those significant changes without blowing things up. Remember all of the updates of the 1st 18 months of MSFS where they kept blowing things up? That happened because they were making big changes. New versions exist so that the big changes can be made in a controlled manner.

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I can't wait to get my hands on yet another new flight simulator! If I have to buy a couple of upgraded add-ons as part of that process, so be it. I am certainly not going to stagnate my enjoyment of the current version because something new is coming in the future. No way.

• Like 5

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.