Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

who is still buying stuff for 2020, since 2024 is coming out

28 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Yes precisely, 3 years not mature yet and with a lot of bugs...and you think 2024 is going to release all grown up? i don't think so...although i agree with you, i don't believe they are going to make a new product, engine as to be the same, so with all the pros and cons of course...but they are saying a new FS, so as to be a little more than a upgrade and not just missions that is basically what we see in that all spectacular hyped trailer.

oh no it will come with it's own bunch of "release issues" and no doubt some leftover bugs from the current sim (horizon line being one of them), what I mean is it will be in a better place from Day One though than the current Sim was back in August 2020. Of course it will also take time to "get there" but as I said with mods transferring over fairly quickly we won't be waiting long for it to be *hopefully* well above what we have now.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I am still purchasing addons and so should everyone else.  It helps the community grow!

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So, of all the folks posting in this thread, 2 won't be buying. Guess the devs don't need to be concerned. Count  me in too in the buyers.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 3

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

My only concern in buying stuff for msfs2020 now is that it may well be a part of msfs2024 default scenery/aircraft. Has happened a few times already in World Updates where 3PDs have sold stuff directly to us only to then sell it to msfs to include it in a WU (looking at you Orbx). And that just sucks (for me). 

It's not knowing what's going to be in by default in msfs2024 which is the problem for me so I'm going to look very carefully at what I buy for msfs2020. 

If I do it is going to be limited.  I will prossibly pick up the Rans S6S just to see what all the claims about "XPlane like flight model" are about. That is about it at present.

Not buying any scenery addons any longer. I don’t trust liars and the wording vast majority has a lot of interpretation to it. 

Edited by DaWu
  • Like 1

Lukas Dalton

Live in the past and you are depressed...live in the future and you are anxious...live in the present and you are happy. I for one will not change my habits one bit.

• Upvote 1

Me. I even purchased a couple of add-ons for P3D last weekend, and one for MSFS and another one for FSX this week😂

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Personally, I'm living my best sim life ever.  I'll be buying products for 2020 for sure.

And if they won't work in 2024 then I'll buy them again if I have to.

Sim life is an ongoing investment, has been since the day third party developers started selling stuff for flight sim.  Been like this for decades.

Jase

• Upvote 2

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Life is too short to be worrying about something a year from now that is 100% out of my control. I'm buying add-ons and will continue buying add-ons up until release of 2024. Then I'll buy 2024, pay for add-ons again, upgrade for free, upgrade for a fee, whatever it takes.  But for now, 2020 has a ton of life left in her. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I would not worry about addons not being incompatible for MSFS2024.  The team even said on the faq that the addons should work.  Worrying no reason.  What if it gets released in Dec 2024 or early Jan 2025.  Now that is a long time.  

I don't even know why I am even replying on this thread.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Gonna be picking up the Maule at some point this week.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

With my personal experiences over the past few years, I’m not trusting any corporation about not having additional fees, paths to upgrade, or any other excuse to charge me for the same service/product I’ve already purchased. I’ve stopped purchasing all add ons until I can get proof there’s no fee. “Trust us, bruh” ain’t cutting it. Especially for the habitual double and triple dippers with the upgrade fees. 

I’m glad others retain trust and goodwill for some of the add on developers , but at this time, that’s not me. 

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Yes.  I just purchased the Aerosoft CRJ (!), and I'm not half as excited about that as I am the FSReborn Piper M500

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB