Sign in to follow this  
rayharris108

Poor default imagery (Europe)

Anyone noticed frequent squares of FSX type default imagery - I’m seeing it in France and Italy at the moment.

I’m on AAU2 beta and have the French cities update. Changed from N Europe back to W Europe server and deleted NVIDIA image caches.

Never noticed this before from 35000 ft.

Anyones suggestions welcome.

thanks

Screenshots would help.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

There are patches in the world where you do occasionally see that awful, generic FSX default scenery.  Not sure if it's because adequate satellite imagery was not available or because there were just server download issues.  But I have come across it a few times.  Not often

Edited by ErichB

Yes, I have seen these. Its a rewind back to FSX totally.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Bing images need a massive update. But what I wish they would do is at least generate forest cover with the 3D trees instead of reminding us about horrible FSX bathroom tile and carpet textures.

Will FS24 be addressing all this I wonder.

Edited by ThrottleUp
  • Like 1

There are now not only patches but huge swaths of ground without satellite imagery in the sim. The more we go, the more there are. I posted the issue in the bug list 

The offline texture replaces the satellite imagery in some large swathes of land - Bug Reports / Scenery and Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

and got the following answer from the head moderator :

Thank you for the post! This issue is well known by the team though we know it is a very disruptive one. When LOD is missing from the satellite imagery, the sim injects texture to prevent a white or empty tile on the grid. Unfortunately, this cause issues like your screenshot above and won’t be fixed until we are able to update the area with higher LOD from the imagery provided.the lady headin the forums 

One of the main features of FS20, the ground scenery,  is evolving to a patchwork of good sat imagery, average imagery and detestable landclass. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

16 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Thank you for the post! This issue is well known by the team though we know it is a very disruptive one. When LOD is missing from the satellite imagery, the sim injects texture to prevent a white or empty tile on the grid. Unfortunately, this cause issues like your screenshot above and won’t be fixed until we are able to update the area with higher LOD from the imagery provided.the lady headin the forums 

Thank you very much, Dominique, that's the first time I read an official statement on this well-known issue. Even though the prospect isn't too brightly-looking.😟

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

27 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

There are now not only patches but huge swaths of ground without satellite imagery in the sim. The more we go, the more there are. I posted the issue in the bug list 

The offline texture replaces the satellite imagery in some large swathes of land - Bug Reports / Scenery and Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

and got the following answer from the head moderator :

One of the main features of FS20, the ground scenery,  is evolving to a patchwork of good sat imagery, average imagery and detestable landclass. 

Thank you. This explains it 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Has somebody checked the Google Maps Enhancement Mod to see if the issue is resolved to some extend in those areas?.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

This link below should hopefully show you what I mean (taken in the World Map - which demonstrates it better. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use default imagery or map replacement scenery. This is over S England. The regular array of FSX squares move and relocate as you zoom in and out. Very close up they disappear.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZCddAYFzwev1WfKU7

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

This link below should hopefully show you what I mean (taken in the World Map - which demonstrates it better. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use default imagery or map replacement scenery. This is over S England. The regular array of FSX squares move and relocate as you zoom in and out. Very close up they disappear.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZCddAYFzwev1WfKU7

Very strange. Haven't seen that before.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I haven't see anything like that too, but I rarely fly airliners. Perhaps that is only seen from high altitudes.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

5 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

This link below should hopefully show you what I mean

I‘ve never seen that either. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I see it all the time in remote areas of South America.  

I just chalked it up to remote areas not having good sat coverage, and/or removal of tropical CB clouds in the base image etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

It does not seem related to the issue I referred to above. Never seen this repetitive pattern of small rectangles. I’d say this is user induced : a driver, an addon or, I saw a case I think, the use of a VPN.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam