Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Aircraft & Avionics Update 02 (1.33.8.0) Now Available

So I flew today for the first time since the AAU2 and the wonderful new (to me) White Dot issue renders controlling the mouse difficult to use;

• Mouse lags (even worse than it did before in VR) making precise movements practically impossible
  • Ability to use the Mouse to move Levers whilst the White Dot is flashing is also practically impossible
  • Mouse pointer flickers the White Dot on/off like a strobe

Quite why they deem to ignore this issue and slate it for "a future update" is beyond me, it's a GAME BREAKING ISSUE NOW if ever there was one, it needs immediate Hotfix attention not brushed under the carpet like so many regression issues before it.

Thankfully yet again we have to rely on the brilliant community to "fix" the issue as a workaround and this Mod might just save Asobos bacon, quick test and it appears to work as intended, although the White Dot does appear when I move my Rudder Pedals 🙄

https://flightsim.to/file/50597/no-more-white-dot

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 minutes ago, MarcG said:

So I flew today for the first time since the AAU2 and the wonderful new (to me) White Dot issue renders controlling the mouse difficult to use;

• Mouse lags (even worse than it did before in VR) making precise movements practically impossible
  • Ability to use the Mouse to move Levers whilst the White Dot is flashing is also practically impossible
  • Mouse pointer flickers the White Dot on/off like a strobe

Quite why they deem to ignore this issue and slate it for "a future update" is beyond me, it's a GAME BREAKING ISSUE NOW if ever there was one, it needs immediate Hotfix attention not brushed under the carpet like so many regression issues before it.

Thankfully yet again we have to rely on the brilliant community to "fix" the issue as a workaround and this Mod might just save Asobos bacon, quick test and it appears to work as intended, although the White Dot does appear when I move my Rudder Pedals 🙄

https://flightsim.to/file/50597/no-more-white-dot

I'm still curious how to trigger this. Because I see nothing of that sort. Neither in 2D nor VR.

The reports are numerous, yet somehow I have been spared so far.

1 hour ago, Nixoq said:

What's that exactly?

What's what?

Owners of the premium or premium deluxe editions get a discount on all Aircraft by Microsoft/Asobo.

• Like 1

dunno it was just "there" as soon as I loaded into the plane, probably a combination of USB devices coupled with UI settings, quite why it appears when I move my Rudder is anyones guess. Either way Asobo need to stop breaking stuff everything single update and for the love of god for the ten thousandth time GET SOME QUALITY CONTROL ON YOUR PRODUCT....

...MSFS2024 better not be like this.

• Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

oh, good we're INCREASING THE FONT SIZE NOW for arguments,  can't wait for more...

the thing is, I don't have any of the things you are seeing, it likely is dependent on setup,  I tried getting info so maybe we can figure something out about this, but nobody responded.  is this just a VR thing?  Theres only one way I could get the dot to show up, when I tuned off my track IR, and then it only showed while I was panning the view, didnt stay on screen,  do we want to try to see what causes this, or do we just want to moan about it?

• Like 11

I feel like the only way to draw their attention is through shouting as all other means have failed....!

Anyway time for a lie down

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

the thing is, I don't have any of the things you are seeing, it likely is dependent on setup,  I tried getting info so maybe we can figure something out about this, but nobody responded.  is this just a VR thing?  Theres only one way I could get the dot to show up, when I tuned off my track IR, and then it only showed while I was panning the view, didnt stay on screen,  do we want to try to see what causes this, or do we just want to moan about it?

Not it happens across the board but not for everyone, even Xbox users don't want the thing in their view, could be a combo like I said. Anyway I'm not beta testing for them, they need to sort their word not allowed out as it's soooo plainly obvious they really have no excuse for consistently dropping the ball like this. Fingers crossed the workaround mod works correctly, will give it a  proper go later and see.

I see the dot. I contribute it to having a honeycomb alpha xpc which has xbox control buttons. It is not that big of an issue to me. I hardly notice it anymore.

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

1 minute ago, Maladoror said:

I see the dot. I contribute it to having a honeycomb alpha xpc which has xbox control buttons. It is not that big of an issue to me. I hardly notice it anymore.

I have an Alpha XPC.  does the dot stay on screen, or only while you move the hat?

7 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

I have an Alpha XPC.  does the dot stay on screen, or only while you move the hat?

When I move the hat and it goes away pretty quickly.

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

3 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Several pilots rated on the type were involved in feedback and testing. We get many requests from pilots to help but we can only take so many, and of course we have to prioritize those that have a comfort level with our technology, such as Discord.

Obviously no product is perfect on the first go but we feel we've gotten to a far better place than just a primitive alpha stage, and we hope other users feel the same. We'll continue to refine as time goes on, of course.

As for the provided feedback:

Per our FCOM it will display when the FMS has no available landing alt target and is defaulting to 2000 feet. We'll check with our pilots but the behavior your describe was not reported to us.

There are a few small things we're aware of in the fuel system indications that didn't make the release, but we're not aware of any major missing functionality, nor have we had pilot reports that using the correct procedures is breaking the fuel system (generally feedback has been enthusiastically the opposite given the insane complexity of it, but we can certainly look into any more specifics, as this is a bit broad).

The hydraulic system model is simplified at this time.

Not something reported to us but we can ask our pilots and doublecheck our references.

Yes, this is already the case in ours. Do you have a repro of it not targeting at least 250 now, in the final release?

Hmm, yes, this is also implemented, I am able to get the indication at the moment. Perhaps your lever is not in arm but above arm?

I think this is the first report of this we've had. Do you happen to have a flight plan you're seeing this on?

Yes, we are aware of this issue and will be including that in a later update.

Matt,
Firstly, I want to express my admiration for the team's hard work. I have no ill intentions, but I did notice a few discrepancies. You mentioned having "several pilots rated" in the 748, yet none of them reported these quick findings amongst many. I find this questionable and concerning if it is true. I refuse to believe that a type-rated pilot in this equipment wouldn't be able to notice it. I'm more inclined to believe that the issue is more complex, possibly related to Asobo's approach to the whole product. Nevertheless, I will leave it as is and wish you all the best.
Edited by LRBS

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

4 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Several pilots rated on the type were involved in feedback and testing. We get many requests from pilots to help but we can only take so many, and of course we have to prioritize those that have a comfort level with our technology, such as Discord.

Obviously no product is perfect on the first go but we feel we've gotten to a far better place than just a primitive alpha stage, and we hope other users feel the same. We'll continue to refine as time goes on, of course.

As for the provided feedback:

Per our FCOM it will display when the FMS has no available landing alt target and is defaulting to 2000 feet. We'll check with our pilots but the behavior your describe was not reported to us.

There are a few small things we're aware of in the fuel system indications that didn't make the release, but we're not aware of any major missing functionality, nor have we had pilot reports that using the correct procedures is breaking the fuel system (generally feedback has been enthusiastically the opposite given the insane complexity of it, but we can certainly look into any more specifics, as this is a bit broad).

The hydraulic system model is simplified at this time.

Not something reported to us but we can ask our pilots and doublecheck our references.

Yes, this is already the case in ours. Do you have a repro of it not targeting at least 250 now, in the final release?

Hmm, yes, this is also implemented, I am able to get the indication at the moment. Perhaps your lever is not in arm but above arm?

I think this is the first report of this we've had. Do you happen to have a flight plan you're seeing this on?

Yes, we are aware of this issue and will be including that in a later update.

I also said: Does in you case all the EFIS modes work ?, I noticed that both APP and VOR are not operative, only MAP and PLAN works, in spite that the knob animation is OK for all modes.

Something to comment about that ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, solito said:

I also said: Does in you case all the EFIS modes work ?, I noticed that both APP and VOR are not operative, only MAP and PLAN works, in spite that the knob animation is OK for all modes.

Something to comment about that ?

Thanks

Regrettably, not in this case. Here is what you ought to observe.

APP1.png

APP2.png

VOR.png

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, LRBS said:

Regrettably, not in this case. Here is what you ought to observe.

APP1.png

APP2.png

VOR.png

Is it a bug ?, should it be fixed  ?

3 hours ago, Maladoror said:

When I move the hat and it goes away pretty quickly.

which is what it does for me until I use something else to pan the view,  then it goes away, even if I go back to using the hat.  It would be interesting to know if the people effected are using the Alpha XPC or other device that has the xbox control buttons on it.  maybe the game is interpreting this as a full xbox controller, and showing the dot.  does this happen for any of y'all that have the original Alpha?