Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Aircraft & Avionics Update 02 (1.33.8.0) Now Available

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

That would be a total waste of resources. The FBW A320 basically has already replaced the stock A320.

You can't get the FBW A320 on consoles.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, LRBS said:
Thank you for the suggestion. I did try, but..........
I attempted to report some issues through the website. However, the process to report a bug was very time-consuming as I had to navigate through several menus and answer numerous questions. On the other hand, when I collaborated with other developers, reporting a particular discrepancy was easy and straightforward. We only needed to point out the issue, and if they required further clarification, we provided it without wasting time. Their system was efficient and worked perfectly.

Best place to report them is on MSFS forums. It's not hard.

My updated Asobo B747-8 has added a pilot and a copilot, how can I get rid of both ?\\Thanks

Also it came with a new dark gray colour cockpit, how can I return to the older colour  ?

1 minute ago, solito said:

Also it came with a new dark gray colour cockpit, how can I return to the older colour  ?

Got any mods installed that change the 747? If so remove those and try again. It should be the Boeing brown colour the 747 has.

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

4 minutes ago, solito said:

My updated Asobo B747-8 has added a pilot and a copilot, how can I get rid of both ?\\Thanks

I don’t have that, maybe you have a conflicting mod

Not so much about the product it self - whats your verdict here?

Not that i am leaving my PMDG 747 fleet but is it worth the waste ?

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Not so much about the product it self - whats your verdict here?

Not that i am leaving my PMDG 747 fleet but is it worth the waste ?

Thanks

Michael Moe 

There is no comparison between the two. PMDG has also bugs, but this one is "special", probably the early Alpha version. It's challenging to determine exactly what's happening, but it seems like they only have manuals and no help from someone that is qualified in the plane. As a result, they are relying on their own interpretations. It is clear that they have some gifted people involved in programming, unfortunately, there is a big disconnect between Asobo (if that is the case) and reality.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

In my preliminary opinion, and generally speaking, the new B747 is a great step in terms of functionality. Now Vnav works reasonable well, autopilot also, autolanding is posible, etc. Something I noticed is that there is no functional diference between App, Vor and Map Efis modes, being Map the only one which responds to the Crtl button, I dont know if it is a bug, or the real B747-8 resembles the B787 in which App and Vor modes are absent.

6 hours ago, LRBS said:

There is no comparison between the two. PMDG has also bugs, but this one is "special", probably the early Alpha version. It's challenging to determine exactly what's happening, but it seems like they only have manuals and no help from someone that is qualified in the plane. As a result, they are relying on their own interpretations. It is clear that they have some gifted people involved in programming, unfortunately, there is a big disconnect between Asobo (if that is the case) and reality.

Yeah they are very productive, but they have kind of a strange attitude believing one could recreate a simulation of an aircraft by just reading the flight manuals.

• Like 1

I never seen that all spoken white dod or white borders at all ??

Yesterday i installed the AAU2 first, no i was not in the Beta in the past.

Did a first Testflight with the 787-10 what worked pretty well and did not see any of that white borders or dod.

I have a XBox Controller several Joystiks and pan and zoom around ( Mouse too ) and do not see any of that white anomalys ..

What the hell is goeing on here for other people ???

cheers 😉

• Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

17 hours ago, LRBS said:
I want to recognize the team's commitment and effort in enhancing the game with AAU2. It is a challenging and time-consuming project, and their dedication is appreciated.
For now, I'll only focus only on a few issues with B748 that are obvious, 787 later, time permitting. Even having books, the info is there, but I'm afraid that there is wrong guidance or interpretation.
Not to be taken the wrong way, the upgrade is such a positive direction but the execution needs attention. So, here we go with a few issues.

• During preflight, after start the LANDING ALT advisory message should not be displayed when automatic. It will show under certain conditions outlined in Air Systems, FMC desc, and app in chapter 11 or a malfunction (QRH).
  • CTR CDU gets the wrong info from the LEFT/RIGHT one. Should not show RTE, DEP/ARR, VNAV, FIX, LEGS, HOLD, PROG, or NAV RAD pages.
  • Hydraulik demand pump selectors will not go to AUX.
  • When brakes are set to park, any full brake pedal application should release the parking brake. 
  • Fuel system needs adjustment on logic, especially when XFEED message is displayed, if you follow the procedure you get the wrong messages.
  • RTO function, it does arm correctly at 85 but, in case of reject, if the brake pedal is applied will disengage the RTO to the OFF position and manual braking is available as necessary.
  • Wrong flaps indication on PFD during t.o. in reference to flap maneuvering speed for flaps retraction. As an example, FL20 for t.o. should show only 10, 5, 1, and UP speeds for flap retraction on speed. The same applies to FL10, which should show 5, 1, and UP.
  • After t.o. inbound first WPT if you want to create ALONG TRAK WPT you should be able to create it without getting the wrong message ALONG TRAK WPT N/A.
  • Many times after clean-up, during climb out I notice speed limited at 240 below 10,000 ft. Default is 250 and during climb-out based on weight, the minimum clean speed can be in excess of 250 below 10K. During descent below 10K default by FMC is 240 or whatever is restricted by STAR.
  • If DRAG REQUIRED msg shows should not have "DRAG REQUIRED VNAV" message.
  • We should have a SPPED BRAKE ARM indication when in ARM position on EICAS.
  • Some issues with turn anticipation resulting in excessive bank angles in excess of 30 degrees of bank and some unusual pitch variations.
  • When on HDG to intercept ILS, despite having APP selected it will go initially LOC and later will switch to APP. Correct functionality, if on HDG and arm APP mode, it will switch to APP, not LOC, and later APP. Two different modes.
  • Reversers should go up to 106.6 N1 limited by EEC, not only 51%
  • Brakes are very weak. 

Does in you case all the EFIS modes work ?, I noticed that both APP and VOR are not operative, only MAP and PLAN works, in spite that the knob animation is OK for all modes.

12 hours ago, LRBS said:

but it seems like they only have manuals and no help from someone that is qualified in the plane.

Several pilots rated on the type were involved in feedback and testing. We get many requests from pilots to help but we can only take so many, and of course we have to prioritize those that have a comfort level with our technology, such as Discord.

Obviously no product is perfect on the first go but we feel we've gotten to a far better place than just a primitive alpha stage, and we hope other users feel the same. We'll continue to refine as time goes on, of course.

As for the provided feedback:

38 minutes ago, solito said:

During preflight, after start the LANDING ALT advisory message should not be displayed when automatic

Per our FCOM it will display when the FMS has no available landing alt target and is defaulting to 2000 feet. We'll check with our pilots but the behavior your describe was not reported to us.

42 minutes ago, solito said:

Fuel system needs adjustment on logic, especially when XFEED message is displayed, if you follow the procedure you get the wrong messages.

There are a few small things we're aware of in the fuel system indications that didn't make the release, but we're not aware of any major missing functionality, nor have we had pilot reports that using the correct procedures is breaking the fuel system (generally feedback has been enthusiastically the opposite given the insane complexity of it, but we can certainly look into any more specifics, as this is a bit broad).

46 minutes ago, solito said:

Hydraulik demand pump selectors will not go to AUX.

The hydraulic system model is simplified at this time.

47 minutes ago, solito said:

Wrong flaps indication on PFD during t.o.

Not something reported to us but we can ask our pilots and doublecheck our references.

48 minutes ago, solito said:

Default is 250 and during climb-out based on weight, the minimum clean speed can be in excess of 250 below 10K

Yes, this is already the case in ours. Do you have a repro of it not targeting at least 250 now, in the final release?

50 minutes ago, solito said:

We should have a SPPED BRAKE ARM indication

Hmm, yes, this is also implemented, I am able to get the indication at the moment. Perhaps your lever is not in arm but above arm?

51 minutes ago, solito said:

Some issues with turn

I think this is the first report of this we've had. Do you happen to have a flight plan you're seeing this on?

52 minutes ago, solito said:

Brakes are very weak.

Yes, we are aware of this issue and will be including that in a later update.

• Like 9

19 hours ago, Farlis said:

That would be a total waste of resources. The FBW A320 basically has already replaced the stock A320.

Only for pc though? The console hasn’t any mods like FBW or HD etc 

I’m VERY impressed with what WT have done with the 787. 

They haven’t just used the manuals as some suggest. On their BETA discord. 787 pilots frequently gave feedback and most WT devs were very interested, asked for more info and it was incorporated into the next BETA.

Sure it’s not PMDG level but it was never set out to be. WT at the beginning said to expect something between the CJ4 and longitude for fidelity, my view is it’s better than that. 

What it does is transform the 787 from something unplayable to something good enough to fly and use real 787 procedures with and let simmers finally be able to enjoy the 78 in the sim. 

it also makes (imho obv)  buying the Premium Deluxe for the 787 finally worth it, especially for the steam 172 and with the 33% discount on all asobo aircraft. 

It’s a big thanks from me and I look forwards to seeing WT cast their magic over other asobo aircraft/systems in the sim. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, g-liner said:

33% discount on all asobo aircraft.

What's that exactly?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD