Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Aircraft & Avionics Update 02 (1.33.8.0) Now Available

Just now, lwt1971 said:

but still unfortunate that the focus is on this white dot/borders issue on the final release of AAU2 :s

Probably because a lot of people don't give a toss about default planes. So it's essentially a regression to their experience, all for improving something they'll never even look at.

• Like 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

14 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Probably because a lot of people don't give a toss about default planes. So it's essentially a regression to their experience, all for improving something they'll never even look at.

Granted a lot of people don't give a toss about certain default planes... but a lot of people also give said toss about the 787, Citation, CJ4, AAU Garmin avionics, etc since no (or better) payware currently exists out there for these.

And yes the white dot/borders issue is definitely a regression they should have addressed, or held back the release until fixing, or now at the very least need to fix very soon.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

7 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Granted a lot of people don't give a toss about certain default planes... but a lot of people also give said toss about the 787, Citation, CJ4, AAU Garmin avionics, etc since no (or better) payware currently exists out there for these.

And yes the white dot/borders issue is definitely a regression they should have addressed, or held back the release until fixing, or now at the very need to fix very soon.

And that's fine, more power to them but as we both agree, it shouldn't come with core regression issues that impact people's experience, especially not if it's not something that can outweigh the negative in the interim. Because we all know this is going to take months for them to fix, since it didn't even get fixed in the very beta where it was reported 3 weeks prior. So it's not even something where the positives of the updates can outweigh the negatives for a lot of those effected, so it's just a net negative update and that's why it gets so much focus and rightly so.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 minutes ago, Sethos said:

And that's fine, more power to them but as we both agree, it shouldn't come with core regression issues that impact people's experience, especially not if it's not something that can outweigh the negative in the interim. Because we all know this is going to take months for them to fix, since it didn't even get fixed in the very beta where it was reported 3 weeks prior. So it's not even something where the positives of the updates can outweigh the negatives for a lot of those effected, so it's just a net negative update and that's why it gets so much focus and rightly so.

I wonder if that message about changing your GPU driver which popped up, and I complained about ( and got dissed for), was some sort of half baked attempt at addressing the white dot problem? By the way several people on the PMDG forum when they saw the white dot, did update their GPU drivers, and guess what, it didn't fix anything. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I wonder if that message about changing your GPU driver which popped up, and I complained about ( and got dissed for), was some sort of half baked attempt at addressing the white dot problem? By the way several people on the PMDG forum when they saw the white dot, did update their GPU drivers, and guess what, it didn't fix anything. 

The driver update message is more because some crucial fixes has been added in the past few Nvidia drivers, especially pertaining to DX12 and some crashes. So that's why they are so adamant about getting people to update I reckon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sethos said:

The driver update message is more because some crucial fixes has been added in the past few Nvidia drivers, especially pertaining to DX12 and some crashes. So that's why they are so adamant about getting people to update I reckon.

Well I have a driver that is a couple of years old, and it works perfectly. I have never in the three decades I have been simming, downloaded the latest drivers to fix something that isn't broken. I have never had to roll back a driver, or jump through any hoops after the "latest " driver caused issues. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well I have a driver that is a couple of years old, and it works perfectly. I have never in the three decades I have been simming, downloaded the latest drivers to fix something that isn't broken. 

Whatever you say Bob. You know better than the developers which Driver is best at the current moment. Because you have 30 years of inexperience in driver updates...

• Like 3

Just now, Farlis said:

Whatever you say Bob. You know better than the developers which Driver is best at the current moment. Because you have 30 years of inexperience in driver updates...

Tell me how much the developers know about getting rid of the white dot?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Tell me how much the developers know about getting rid of the white dot?

What has the white dot to do with a driver? Nothing.

Perhaps you could tell me how to get that white dot in the first place? Because I keep reading, and I haven't managed to trigger this bug yet.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well I have a driver that is a couple of years old, and it works perfectly. I have never in the three decades I have been simming, downloaded the latest drivers to fix something that isn't broken. I have never had to roll back a driver, or jump through any hoops after the "latest " driver caused issues. 

Can you show me on the doll where Asobo hurt you by displaying a message on your screen?

does this mean I can kvetch incessantly to Fenix for asking me to delete toolbar pushback that I haven’t gotten around to doing yet?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Then don't update your drivers - It's that simple. I still don't get why you're making a big deal over this driver message.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

4 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Then don't update your drivers - It's that simple. I still don't get why you're making a big deal over this driver message.

Nobody should have to ever look at anything they object to, ever.  He’s offended.

24 minutes ago, Farlis said:

What has the white dot to do with a driver? Nothing.

Perhaps you could tell me how to get that white dot in the first place? Because I keep reading, and I haven't managed to trigger this bug yet.

I also have not received the white outline bug latest driver from last month. Felt like performance increased more for me. 

Not the developers job to get rid of it. Its down for Asobo to sort which apparently they could not reproduce even though plenty said about the issue on the beta team.

Edited by carlanthony24

31 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I can get behind a lot of things Bob, but not wanting to update your GPU drivers and staying on years old drivers just seems unnecessary and contrarian to me. It's a core part of gaming on PC and drivers play just as important a role in fixing issues, as not everything is down to game developers alone but also how the game itself speaks to the GPU, i.e through the driver. So when you have an issue, like a message box, that could be easily sorted by simply updating which takes less than 10 minutes, the complaint falls a bit on deaf ears.

Stuff doesn't have to be broken to perform basic maintenance on your PC.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Its down for Asobo to sort which apparently they could not reproduce even though plenty said about the issue on the beta team.

Asobo never fails to let me down in my thinking that they are incompetent.

• Like 2

Eric