Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

MSFS Presentation from FlightSimExpo 2023

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

City Update 3 has been announced and is available next Friday (30th June).
See 25:03 in the linked YT video above for more details!

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I love how Jorg took the time to acknowledge and deal with most of the big negative reactions to the announcement

• Like 12

Definitely a great presentation (even accessible to a non-native speaker). It really makes clear that FS2024 isn't just a little update but sports a lot of completely new technology. What impresses me even more is that despite all this they mention several times to keep backwards compatibility.

Kind regards, MIchael

• Like 11

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Seb said it took him about 5 minutes to make a couple of the 2020 aircraft take advantage of the more accurate model in 2024, just by defining more surfaces on them.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Jorg said it took him about 5 minutes to make a couple of the 2020 aircraft take advantage of the more accurate model in 2024, just by defining more surfaces on them.

Yup with all the great CFD tech and the base flight model, the problem for devs always was the inability to define more fine-grained geometry for the aircraft, so happy they have addressed this as part of their aerodynamics and physics improvements. Also great to get confirmation that the ex-IL2 lead engineer now working for MS/Asobo (Andrey Solomykin) is involved in this core area of the sim along with Seb.

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Props to Jorg for recognizing the fallout from the MS2024 announcement. I will admit I was very impressed with what he and Seb showed for MS2024. I hope the picture on that one slide in the bottom left labeled “storms” is a clue that much better weather implementation is coming.  I do like how he said the Community folder will be present which I hope means a copy/paste from 2020 to 2024. Definitely looking forward to it.

• Like 5

Eric 

Good lord. Just amazing. So much to look forward to.

The balloon inflating and deflating practically gave me chills - shows the depth of the material and air flow simulation.

Glad to see they are not resting on their laurels and are advancing nearly every aspect of the sim, especially the core physics engine.

As Jorg said: "we are not a game",

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Krakin said:

The 2024 FAQ has been updated 

Trust me, I'm extremely excited about 2024 and totally saw this coming. I knew that eventually, they would need to make some more revenue and show off new tech. It is a little interesting that nothing about weather was mentioned there except for storms and tornados. I wonder if they have bigger announcements about this in the future. It wouldn't surprise me. What a time to be involved in this hobby. If you would've told me these features were going to be available when I was using FS95, I would've been floored. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Trust me, I'm extremely excited about 2024 and totally saw this coming. I knew that eventually, they would need to make some more revenue and show off new tech. It is a little interesting that nothing about weather was mentioned there except for storms and tornados. I wonder if they have bigger announcements about this in the future. It wouldn't surprise me. What a time to be involved in this hobby. If you would've told me these features were going to be available when I was using FS95, I would've been floored. 

Looking at the slide from the "dynamic world", I wonder if they've actually implemented a way to render actual storms (cloud types)?  The supercell TS with a clear meso looks like a classic supercell TS to me.  That would be a pretty big breakthrough.

Hopefully they've made the entire weather engine much better as well.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I'll watch it when I'm slaying demons in D4 but I'll still get it of course. Put so much money into peripherals I have to use it! I'll probably upgrade PC for it as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bdub22 said:

I remember discussions 15 years ago were things were metioned as unrealitic for implementation in flight sim, and now this is pretty much standard. Looking forward for MSFS 2040.

• Upvote 1

So they kept saying backwards compatible,  can we now put this "compatibility" question to bed? 😅

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Watched it last night, certainly exciting to see what's coming but with everything that's gone on with the current Sim I'm keeping expectations low. Looking forward to more videos/info in the coming months, more interested in the User Experience side of things as to whether they'll do anything to improve VR (mainly), the menu system, in flight areas as they all need vast improvement.

Would like to of heard more on the current Sim, like how many more SUs they have planned to fix bugs & issues, how many more WUs etc before they move into the next sim entirely.

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)