Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

Sky and cloud comparison

Over at the other forum they believe the sky color changes might be coming with 12.07 and not with 12.06 Linky

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mokeiko said:

I'm not going to lie, when I first saw this I thought I was in the MSFS thread. Then I thought it was a comparison between XP12 screenshot and a life real photo. Not trying to cause any issues here.

fly safe

Ha! No worries! I partly blame my potato-phones bad image quality. Purpose was to acknowledge the (in my opinion) huge improvements in XP 12.06 and what a "typical" sunset offers in colors/hues up here in the Nordics when viewed from the cockpit of a GA.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

44 minutes ago, peroni said:

Over at the other forum they believe the sky color changes might be coming with 12.07 and not with 12.06 Linky

Thank you for the link, quite a read.

fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

23 hours ago, scotchegg said:
On 6/29/2023 at 7:33 PM, SAS443 said:

Itzgplk.jpg

That’s great. 

I must admit that I feel particularly moved to read all these praises to the "new" XP12 sunset.
I join the chorus of compliments, that sunset is very realistic.  👏
It means that 8 years ago when I created the sky environment package **FS9 Supersky 2015** I did a good job. 

Screenshot101158.jpg

Screenshot44886-3.jpg

After so many years I am happy to see "my sky" in XP12 too. 🤗

Edited by efis007
  • Like 3

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

5 hours ago, peroni said:

That would unfortunately align with Thompson's short term roadmap blurb post. Atmosphere re-calibration was listed under 12.07. The masses are restless!

• Upvote 2

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

5 hours ago, blingthinger said:

That would unfortunately align with Thompson's short term roadmap blurb post. Atmosphere re-calibration was listed under 12.07. The masses are restless!

So, is this in 12.06 or 12.07? The screenshots they released said 12.06 and if not why post that.

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB

3 minutes ago, brinx said:

So, is this in 12.06 or 12.07? The screenshots they released said 12.06 and if not why post that.

One of the LR folks over on the org said that the screens must have been captured by someone running an internal version with some of the 12.07 goodies compiled in. So that means .06 clouds plus initial takes on the atmosphere tweaks. The screens were intended to be talking points on the new cloud shapes. smh :)

• Like 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

On 6/30/2023 at 10:34 AM, peroni said:

I just saw Janov's counter post to his own post on this topic. Sky colors might actually slip into .06. Fingers are crossed.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/290600-excited-about-1206-maybe-temper-it/&do=findComment&comment=2574025

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2023 at 3:07 AM, Sethos said:

these vivid, bombastic colours

Do help us understand, then. "These" referring to the colors in the screenshots you posted directly above this text, specifically the one you disapproved of. Poor English composition. I also still disagree with your adjective usage.

Also do recall the blight of ALL CAPS in your subsequent edits in that comment :)

Edited by blingthinger

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, blingthinger said:

Do help us understand, then. "These" referring to the colors in the screenshots you posted directly above this text, specifically the one you disapproved of. Poor English composition. I also still disagree with your adjective usage.

Also do recall the blight of ALL CAPS in your subsequent edits in that comment :)

Do you really bump an almost year old thread to continue this? That is the saddest, most unhinged thing I've ever seen. Welcome to Avsim's X-Plane forum and their 'fans' 😅

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Topic locked. If a certain individual wishes to stir the pot I would advise him to be careful with his words otherwise a holiday will be forthcoming.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather