Sign in to follow this  
UrgentSiesta

v6 Addon compatibility list from those who dare!

4 hours ago, Grand_Pubah said:

Has anyone heard anything about FlightBeam Airports?

From Flightbeam I installed with Lorby AddonOrganizer for P3D v6,  KSFOHD - KDEN - KMSP - KIAD - KPDX and KPHX from its library in P3D v5 and I found no problems.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RobPol471 said:

From Flightbeam I installed with Lorby AddonOrganizer for P3D v6,  KSFOHD - KDEN - KMSP - KIAD - KPDX and KPHX from its library in P3D v5 and I found no problems.

Ah! That's good news! Thanks for reporting this here in the forum.Do you have any info about NZAA possibly?

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

One thing I can say because I did it, is that if you rename the main folders of Prepar3D v6 to Prepar3D v5 and do the same operation on the registry keys with Regedit, installations such as, for example those of QW 787, Orbx Central or pay scenarios, are regularly done.

Obviously they can remain, as in the QW 787 which works at night but during the day it does not display any instrumentation or any problem with displaying the scenarios even if I must say I have not encountered them.

If P3D v5 is present on the same disk, all related Prepar3D v5 main folders should be renamed so that the Installer sees only one Prepar3D v5, but which is in fact Prepar3D v6.

At the end of course all the Regedit keys must be restored and the Prepar3D v6 folders correctly renamed and, if installed, those of Prepar3D v5.

IMHO, there shouldn't be any problems for the installers, the compatibility of the installed products is a different story with P3D v6.

Regarding Orbx products can be installed by entering:

C:\ProgramData\Lochkedd Martin\Prepar3D v6\add-ons

[DiscoveryPath.0]
Path=C:\Orbx LIBRARY\p3dv5
Title=Orbx My Library
Active=TRUE

So add-ons in C:\ProgramData\Lochkedd Martin\Prepar3D v6\ will become:

[Package.0]
Path=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v6\Development Tools\Visual FX Tool
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Package.1]
Path=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v6\Development Tools\Traffic Toolbox
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[DiscoveryPath.0]
Path=C:\Orbx LIBRARY\p3dv5
Title=Orbx My Library
Active=TRUE

On Path=C:\ "Orbx LIBRARY" should be replaced with the name of your Orbx library for P3d v5.

If your Orbx library is not located in C:\ it must be replaced with the letter where the Orbx library is installed.

It is important that P3D v5 is also present in C:\ and if it is missing, it is necessary from:

X:\ProgramData\Lochkeed Martin\ copy the Prepar3D v5 folder to

C:\ProgramData\Lochkeed Martin\

so along with the Prepar3D v6 folder there must be the Prepar3D v5 folder otherwise Orbx ObjectFlow doesn't work.

When you start Prepar3D v6, you will be asked to activate each single product of the Orbx library.

Obviously, you can only install the Orbx products present in the library and not those installed directly in the Main program of P3D v5.

FYI, statement from Orbx regarding v6,

Anna Cicognani

• Anna CicognaniAdvanced Member
  • Administrators
  • team_admin.png

We are definitely not forgetting any P3D customers, and that is official! 🙂

In fact, we are now considering and planning how to upgrade, refresh, rebuild, test, or relaunch (where necessary), and in no particular order, our P3D products. I do appreciate you all trying to make things work and the support that the community is providing in the meantime.

I have also spoken to LM to organise and (possibly align) priorities. Again I do appreciate your feedback and this community's support as we work through the planning.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

"We are not forgetting our customers".

I liked it, and I emphasise that!

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

The backwards compartibility of V6 is very good. Since it´s an easy task to copy the settings of the add-ons.xml and config from V5 works very well for 90 % of the Scenery. There are just a few which may not compartible "as is" like EHAM and EKCH from FT. The issue is, that these sceneries use own lib´s, effects, elevations etc. and need little bit more manual "customizing" to get them work. But if a Scenery contains just from Scenery and Texture which are layered onto the base scenery, it works very well.

Because some textures from V6 are still horrible, like the inland water i. ex., i´ve even got ENVTEX to rework these as in V5. I´ve just changed the P3D path in ENVDIR to point to v6 and disabled everything from ENVSHADE. Now i have Photorealistic Water etc. in V6 too.

I´ve even got "AILights Reborn" working flawless in V6 by just adding the add-on path via Lorbys configurator as is was set in V5. Looks perfectly well.

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 2

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

2 hours ago, BerndB said:

The backwards compartibility of V6 is very good. Since it´s an easy task to copy the settings of the add-ons.xml and config from V5 works very well for 90 % of the Scenery. There are just a few which may not compartible "as is" like EHAM and EKCH from FT. The issue is, that these sceneries use own lib´s, effects, elevations etc. and need little bit more manual "customizing" to get them work. But if a Scenery contains just from Scenery and Texture which are layered onto the base scenery, it works very well.

Because some textures from V6 are still horrible, like the inland water i. ex., i´ve even got ENVTEX to rework these as in V5. I´ve just changed the P3D path in ENVDIR to point to v6 and disabled everything from ENVSHADE. Now i have Photorealistic Water etc. in V6 too.

I´ve even got "AILights Reborn" working flawless in V6 by just adding the add-on path via Lorbys configurator as is was set in V5. Looks perfectly well.

With Lorby AddonOrganizer for P3D v6, I installed FT Library -EHAM - EKCH - LOWW and CYYZ in P3D v6 indicating in Add scenery the Path where they are installed in Main P3D v5.4 and so far I haven't found any differences.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RobPol471 said:

With Lorby AddonOrganizer for P3D v6, I installed FT Library -EHAM - EKCH - LOWW and CYYZ in P3D v6 indicating in Add scenery the Path where they are installed in Main P3D v5.4 and so far I haven't found any differences.

Okey...i think i did the same with Lorby AO but in my case the Terminals at EKCH don´t have walls and the apron textures are not shown. At EHAM most of the buildings aren´t shown and also nor apron textures. But as i said, i haven´t got time yet to takle it out for those. At least it´s nothing magic to get them working, once everything is set in the right condition.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Trying it out for a month with a developer's license, fresh install without P3DV5 on the system

• Maddog has some installation error (it says SimConnect v5.4 needs to be installed)
  • A2A C172 seems to work
  • MilViz 737-200 seems to work
  • MilViz T-38A seems to work
  • RealAir Lancair Legacy - A few installation errors relating to effects but still goes through, seems to work

General comments:

• Cockpits do seem a bit darker but brighten up with direct light so maybe it is the lighting engine
  • Did they try to make the autogen better? It seems to be much worse, there are clumps of dark looking buildings
  • The patch took a really long time, it seemed to be spending most of the time on validating the install
  • For people who really like to fly some planes without alternatives this seems to be good
  • Default airports are a bit better but still no where close to X-Plane default and it's not going to make you not want to try to install add-ins
  • TXAA seems alright with me, the image quality is much nicer than previous iterations of AA
Edited by level7

1 hour ago, level7 said:

• RealAir Lancair Legacy - A few installation errors relating to effects but still goes through, seems to work

I have their Duke v2, Turbine Duke v2 and Spitfire installed in V6 with no issues and they still look amazing.

12 hours ago, level7 said:
  • Cockpits do seem a bit darker but brighten up with direct light so maybe it is the lighting engine

The cockpit lighting doesn't seem to work in the A2A C172 or MilViz planes so even if the cockpit is brighter the lighits that could be illuminating the panel are not working so the planes are pretty much inop during darker times of the day.

Was very much looking to the TXAA (which seems to work quite well) and the new weather engine, but it's a shame the new lighting engine requires tweaking for old add ons and I feel the "presentation" of the terrain seems much worse than default P3DV5. It's uninstall time now ... might not be going back to P3D for a while 😞

Edited by level7