Sign in to follow this  
UrgentSiesta

v6 Addon compatibility list from those who dare!

1 hour ago, Deltaguy said:

Of course it works for version 5.  I just ran the installer and chose my version 6 folder. Works perfectly.

Too bad 787 don’t work with v6 except for night and still too dark

• Like 1

Interesting. Was anyone able to get FSLabs Airbus-series, to work in P3Dv6 ? I know that they won't update their product, but I was wondering if anyone has managed or tried to get it to work, despite this. 🙂 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

That’s not what was said at all. Quoting Lefteris here.

”While we understand and acknowledge the potential of P3Dv6, at this point in time, our resources and attention are devoted to maximizing the features and compatibility of our products with MSFS. Therefore, given the significant amount of work required to bring full compatibility to our products for P3Dv6, we have decided to revisit the possibility of adapting our lineup for P3Dv6 once we have successfully executed our current focus.

It is important to clarify that this does not imply any permanent disassociation from the P3Dv6 platform. Rather, it's a strategic decision to prioritize resources, assuring that we bring forth the best possible product enhancements to our users, one platform at a time. P3Dv6 remains a vital element in our long-term platform strategy, and we look forward to exploring its potential in due course”

Sounds positive to me compared to other statements. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

49 minutes ago, djbully said:

That’s not what was said at all. Quoting Lefteris here.

”While we understand and acknowledge the potential of P3Dv6, at this point in time, our resources and attention are devoted to maximizing the features and compatibility of our products with MSFS. Therefore, given the significant amount of work required to bring full compatibility to our products for P3Dv6, we have decided to revisit the possibility of adapting our lineup for P3Dv6 once we have successfully executed our current focus.

It is important to clarify that this does not imply any permanent disassociation from the P3Dv6 platform. Rather, it's a strategic decision to prioritize resources, assuring that we bring forth the best possible product enhancements to our users, one platform at a time. P3Dv6 remains a vital element in our long-term platform strategy, and we look forward to exploring its potential in due course”

Sounds positive to me compared to other statements. 

True, yes. But given FSLab's timeline and way - and most of all speed - of developing addons, I highly doubt we'll see P3Dv6 support... Maybe P3D v8 or something. 😛

Oh well... Maybe I can 'shoe-horn' the FSLabs products into P3Dv6. Otherwise I'll just stay with P3Dv5 for now...

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

22 hours ago, djbully said:

Quoting Lefteris here.

Perfectly understandable response. They have to earn money like the rest of us. Well not me as I’m retired. 😉 My understanding is compiling code for an aircraft is much more efficient in MSFS than P3D.

So that should help get their Airbus fleet plus Concorde out for that sim far quicker than has been the case for P3D.

Then in time when the money is rolling in they can look at v6. It’s not as though v5.4 is a dog’s dinner. It’s a stable mature platform and will remain attractive to many.

There’s a huge amount of work installing addons to a new sim. With Concorde getting close to RC status it looks like things are coming together nicely for a late summer release.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

They have to earn money like the rest of us. Well not me as I’m retired. 😉

Ray, I hope you are earning money from your investments and pension.  You have to be able to pay for that new Concorde and any associated hardware!!!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

9 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Ray, I hope you are earning money from your investments and pension.  You have to be able to pay for that new Concorde and any associated hardware!!!

I have a civil service pension plus my state pension Mark. 45 years of grafting has finally paid its rewards.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have a civil service pension plus my state pension Mark. 45 years of grafting has finally paid its rewards.

Got to love those defined benefit pension plans !!!!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Yep, going the way of the dinosaurs...

Unfortunately, not for govt employees.  My brother will retire at 51, after only 20 years on the job, with a federal pension, half of his Social Security, and healthcare benefits for the rest of his life - all courtesy of the taxpayers.

95% of private sector employees will never see benefits like this.

Dave

• Like 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

My understanding is compiling code for an aircraft is much more efficient in MSFS than P3D.

Ray, I would very much disagree with that. First, you write the code and compile it as a WASM module. You then put it into MSFS which rips it apart and recompiles as a debug dll before loading the simobject. The consequence of the latter two stages (decompile and recompile) means that even a small WASM module, such as those supplied in the SDK\Samples, can take a relatively long time to compile. The sample myGaugesAircraft takes around 10-15 seconds to be decompiled and recompiled during aircraft load. My entire P3D B-314 Clipper that I built for PILOT'S takes less than three seconds to compile on the same PC.

BTW; it's compatible with P3Dv6, but you will have to make some adjustments in the Options | Live Graphics as the Autoexposure seems to be a bit flakey. There's no point in me providing suggestions as it will be different for each monitor.

Edited by dragonflightdesign
Compatibility info
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkW said:

Got to love those defined benefit pension plans !!!!

No pension is free. My salary was lowered to take the pension into account. Working for HM Government May bring stability but it won’t make you rich. Not at the grade I was.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 minutes ago, dragonflightdesign said:

Ray, I would very much disagree with that.

I’m just relating what I was told by a senior person at FS Labs. But I have no reason to disbelieve you as I know nothing about modern languages. It’s doubtful he’ll engage here.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No pension is free. My salary was lowered to take the pension into account. Working for HM Government May bring stability but it won’t make you rich. Not at the grade I was.

I have one defined benefit pension and one contributary pension. Both are the result of 16.5 years employment with two different companies. The defined benefit pension was added to at a rate of 8% of my monthly salary. The contributary pension was also added to at a rate of 8% of my monthly salary, which itself was twice as much as I was earning at the defined benefit company.

Guess which one pays more by quite a percentage?

It always was that the Civil Service paid less, but you got a better pension at the end of it.

Talk about off-topic! 🤣

• Upvote 1