Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

FSLabs statement on P3D v6

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

49 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

From that link, Lefteris had this to say about P3D version 6 specifically:

Our Concorde aircraft for Prepar3D v5 is in its late beta stages and we are anticipating it to be promoted to "Release Candidate" status within the next few days. Once that happens, we will focus entirely on fixing issues that are blocking release, so we expect it to reach your hands soon after that.

I would also like to take a minute to discuss our plans to integrate our products into Lockheed Martin's newly released Prepar3D v6 (P3Dv6) simulation platform:

[snip MSFS stuff]

While we understand and acknowledge the potential of P3Dv6, at this point in time, our resources and attention are devoted to maximizing the features and compatibility of our products with MSFS. Therefore, given the significant amount of work required to bring full compatibility to our products for P3Dv6, we have decided to revisit the possibility of adapting our lineup for P3Dv6 once we have successfully executed our current focus.

It is important to clarify that this does not imply any permanent disassociation from the P3Dv6 platform. Rather, it's a strategic decision to prioritize resources, assuring that we bring forth the best possible product enhancements to our users, one platform at a time. P3Dv6 remains a vital element in our long-term platform strategy, and we look forward to exploring its potential in due course.

If I read Lefteris's statement right and I read it accurately, FSLabs will not release the Concorde for P3D version 6, on the Concorde's initial release (maybe they will update it for P3D version 6 later). I was pretty sure FSLabs would release Concorde for P3D version 6 (as well as for P3D version 5.4), because it's just weird to not release your add-on for the newest version of a simulator. I'm speechless if that is FSLab's plan. Well, this is awkward ... ...

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

He states: “P3Dv6 remains a vital element in our long-term platform strategy, and we look forward to exploring its potential in due course.”

I’d say this is really just all down to timing. Many other add one are putting without issue so perhaps this just comes down to the need to properly test on the new version when resources are available.

In my view, this is reason to be optimistic about FSLabs support of v6. May need to hack stuff together near term, but eventually they will bring proper support.

• Like 1

Well, if they will make their catalog available for MSFS before updates for V6 are released, this could either mean that their Airbuses and Concorde are much closer to being released on MSFS than what we've thought, or that V6 support will come by the time P3Dv8 is released.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Given there won’t be a v6 Concorde for some time if ever I’ll be buying the v5 one. About as likely as the Pope remaining Catholic I suppose. 🤣

It should become clear in the weeks to come how much work is required to make v5 stuff compatible with v6 generally.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I'm speechless if that is FSLab's plan. Well, this is awkward ... ..

Not sure if we even reasd the same statement?
It's quite clear that FSL has v6 in their long-term platform strategy, they just don't have the manpower at this very moment.
A pragmatic, rational business decision if anything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Wow. Folks are very optimistic about FSL keeping its hand in P3D v6. They are not even releasing Concorde for it. As another poster said, by the time they even consider P3D again, it will probably be on v8 or just gone. This was FSL’s nice way of saying “never say never”, but don’t hold your breath either. 

Edited by Iadbound
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Iadbound said:

Wow. Folks are very optimistic about FSL keeping its hand in P3D. They are not even releasing Concorde for it. As another poster said, by the time they even consider P3D again, it will probably be on v8 or just gone. This was FSL’s nice way of saying “never say never”, but don’t hold your breath either. 

Did you read a completely different statement? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Not sure if we even reasd the same statement?
It's quite clear that FSL has v6 in their long-term platform strategy, they just don't have the manpower at this very moment.
A pragmatic, rational business decision if anything.

Yes, I put in quotes:

(maybe they will update it for P3D version 6 later)

So FSLabs may upgrade the Concorde for P3D version 6 later, but the initial release of the Concorde will be for P3D version 5, according to Lefteris's statement.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

No. I read the same statement and the intent is clear as day: all resources are being directed to MSFS upon release of Concorde. And only after FSL has gone through the long process of making that transition will it look again at v6 updates and adaptions. That hardly suggests that P3D is really a priority. It’s not that hard to read between the lines here. 

• Like 1

Hm. Bad news from FsLabs for sure. Well, I presume I'll have to buy their Concorde for v4 then. If it's even available for v4. 

We’ll have a 64-bit Concorde. Some of us have waited nearly six years for it. The version it will be compatible with isn’t really a problem for me. The transition from 32-bit will be profound.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, PavlinS said:

Hm. Bad news from FsLabs for sure. Well, I presume I'll have to buy their Concorde for v4 then. If it's even available for v4. 

v5 only. Support for v4 was dropped a while back.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

v5 only. Support for v4 was dropped a while back.

Well, then. I'll wait for even longer to get my hands on the Concorde. Not enough funds to buy two different versions of P3D atm. I'll take v6, because v4 has issues with SimDirector [ performance problems]. Thank for the info, Ray. 

FSLabs announcement seems clear,

MSFS FSLabs products releases before any P3Dv6 releases,

very thankful for this crystal clear messaging,

& we’ll see how these products perform in MSFS - very interesting…

• Like 1