Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Going to put V6 in a holding tank

1 hour ago, blaunarwal said:

I just don't get why some code refinement and new weather and atmosphere breaks compatibility with existing addons.

Does it? Most of the stuff seems to work.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

I wonder if P3D V6  has changed/corrected the issues they had with V5?  i.e. when I got V5,  I discovered the bleed thru issues when installing V 4.5  scenery.  to V5. 

V5 had hangers and buildings that would show the V4.5 sceneries and as a result, parts of the scenery (Objects) had to be excluded so as

not to show in the V4.5 scenery.  I am very curious to find out if LM fixed that boo boo.  Some users of previous version of P3D were using TacPac and it looks

like it will not be available for the basic entry level. I think the pro will, but at $350?, And with internet connection requirement for basic version?    I don't think so.

I think LM is only interested in their contract customers (Military) and not so much the private user.  I've heard from some V6 users that there is no chase plane either.

Edited by Butch1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Butch1 said:

I wonder if P3D V6  has changed/corrected the issues they had with V5?  i.e. when I got V5,  I discovered the bleed thru issues when installing V 4.5  scenery.  to V5. 

LM updated the base scenery for V5, including the airports. So some add-ons for V4 and before naturally weren't fully compatible. In 95 % of cases, it is easily corrected with a DIY exclude modification...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

23 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Does it? Most of the stuff seems to work.

Just read here PMDG 737 is not fully working, fslabs a320 too. For sure hifi active sky can't work with a new weather, if it's really new. I'm certainly not going anywhere without real world weather. 🙂

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

True, AS is essential, but it's on it's way. And from what I gather, the 37 is working...? Time will tell...

Best regards, Dimitrios

1 hour ago, d.tsakiris said:

LM updated the base scenery for V5, including the airports. So some add-ons for V4 and before naturally weren't fully compatible. In 95 % of cases, it is easily corrected with a DIY exclude modification...

That is what I was trying to say, one would have to (easily?) correct the scenery with a DIY exclude mod. I should not of had to go thru all of that in the first place as V5 "Broke" the continuity of the previous (older)  sceneries. In V4.5 pay and freeware sceneires one could just activate them without going thru the minutiae of "fixing" them.   Having said that...I wonder if  LM  tweaked (broke) V6  the scenery any more so as to cause even more issues like they did when they first released V5? .. This is where sites like  ini.builds were very appreciated. 

Edited by Butch1

"I wonder if LM  tweaked (broke) V6  the scenery any more so as to cause even more issues"

For P3D v6, the elevation of KPAE has been increased in error (by my observations) by about 47 feet. You won't notice until you install Drzewiecki's Seattle Airports X scenery.

Seattle Airports X worked fine in P3D v5.

For example, P3D v6 shows altimeter at 16R threshold to bet 612 feet. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think v5 showed about 565 feet. 

According to the airport chart (Navigraph and also wikipedia) KPAE elevation is 608 feet, so I would assume LM fixed it to real world values.

Edited by anzac1977
grammer

Ok, I have no idea how developers setup their airport elevations.

Learn something new every day.

1 hour ago, kcmo said:

General airport field elevation is measured as the highest point of all runways.

The published elevation at the 16R threshold is 563 feet. 

https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/2306/pdf/00142AD.PDF

Trying to understand this,

The chart shows 34l as 578ft, 34r as 600ft and 16l as 603ft.

So if it was the highest point of all runways would it not be 603ft?

Edited by anzac1977
fixed 19l to 16l

The literature states the highest point is about 606 feet.

I would guess that 16L / 34R has a hump midway.

Trivia: Back in the 80's, when I took flight lessons there, there was no 16L / 34R runway. 11 / 29 was active. Field elevation at that time was 602 feet.

Edited by kcmo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, kcmo said:

General airport field elevation is measured as the highest point of all runways.

The published elevation at the 16R threshold is 563 feet. 

https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/2306/pdf/00142AD.PDF

Yes, but the field elevation is quoted as 607 feet. Since airports in P3D are flat (if you want to enable accurate movement of AI planes), I assume that LM have adjusted the height accordingly.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just bought P3D v6 and it just finished downloading a few minutes ago. I'm not going to install it now because I don't know how to install the v5 stuff to it. I found some guides for aircraft (mostly PMDG and Qualitywings) but not much for airports.