Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Going to put V6 in a holding tank

P3dV6 has surprised me in a positive way! i think it is a good step up from v5. Most stuff works and it looks and feels a lot better !  

On 7/9/2023 at 12:29 PM, anzac1977 said:

According to the airport chart (Navigraph and also wikipedia) KPAE elevation is 608 feet, so I would assume LM fixed it to real world values.

14 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Yes, but the field elevation is quoted as 607 feet. Since airports in P3D are flat (if you want to enable accurate movement of AI planes), I assume that LM have adjusted the height accordingly.

Sorry everyone for running off at the mouth without conducting more research. I have a corrupted installation of Seattle Airports X which put KPAE at a flat elevation of 565 feet.

• Like 1

Just installed V6 and the new AS.  They are working without any issues.  Vatsim and FSUIPC are also working.  When I use v6 as a scenery generator for Aerowinx PSX there are also no issues.  My B707 is also working without any issues.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

7 hours ago, kcmo said:

I have a corrupted installation of Seattle Airports X which put KPAE at a flat elevation of 565 feet.

I have that as well. It's a known issue and documented on the dev's forum. Tried to fix it by adjusting the elevation, which normally works, but it didn't in this case. Don't know if they've fixed it in the meantime, but I'm not very optimistic...

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 7/10/2023 at 9:21 PM, BlueStar said:

Just installed V6 and the new AS.  They are working without any issues.  Vatsim and FSUIPC are also working.  When I use v6 as a scenery generator for Aerowinx PSX there are also no issues.  My B707 is also working without any issues.  

Looks like we're getting closer to me being able to take V6 out of the holding tank.  However, the REAL DEAL for me will be when ORBX is able to be simply put into V6 from V5 and work properly.  I do not want to buy all my ORBX sceneries all over again.  If I have AS and ORBX, I will slowly start adding my other addons and hope that most will be able to be used.

Stan

What is it that you think you will get after going through the time and effort to make V6 look like what you already have?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newtie said:

What is it that you think you will get after going through the time and effort to make V6 look like what you already have?

I'm optimistic that it will be a highly improved sim vs v5.  If it isn't, then I'm not the only loser here.

3 hours ago, newtie said:

Much better skies/clouds, improved terrain mesh, accumulating snow/rain, better performance, tunable color/lighting, more frequent updates

I have this pet theory that anyone who is dragging their feet and saying "it's v5.5" has not actually bought v6 and tried it for themselves...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, CaptainAddOn said:

I have this pet theory that anyone who is dragging their feet and saying "it's v5.5" has not actually bought v6 and tried it for themselves...

Cool, now we have the remaining users of P3D split further into one more group now 4.5, 5.4 and 6.0. That's definitely not good for addons. I certainly have to give up addons worth more than a new P3D licence and I see no reason, the publisher of these addons will ever make them compatible with the new version. It was a nice surprise, Hifi Sim announced Active Sky beeing developed for v6. Will others follow?

• Upvote 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I bought and have flown V6. I reinstalled 5.4 because of the effort, time and money I've invested to get a stable sim looking and doing what I want when I want. For me, that far outweighs any real or perceived benefits of V6 at this time.

As Blaunarwal noted, I don't see devs throwing their machinery in reverse anytime soon. Some aircraft/scenery will work, some will work mostly and others not at all. I'll leave that up to those who dare and keep an eye out 😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/13/2023 at 8:13 PM, CaptainAddOn said:

Naah.. As it stands right now it seems to be not even that. It's more like an unofficial 5.5 where you have to hack third party add-ons for 5.4 into your sim (with absolutely no guarantee they'll work as intended)...?

Or have I missed something? Are PMDG et. al on board and releasing updates soon (i.e. within the coming month)....?

• Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Seems most just want the v6 lighting in V5.4..

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

Naah.. As it stands right now it seems to be not even that. It's more like an unofficial 5.5 where you have to hack third party add-ons for 5.4 into your sim (with absolutely no guarantee they'll work as intended)...?

Or have I missed something? Are PMDG et. al on board and releasing updates soon (i.e. within the coming month)....?

You are not criticizing P3D here though. You are criticizing PMDG for not supporting their products. Apples to apples (default to default), P3D v6 is a clear step up over P3D v5. I for one have pretty much all add-ons I fly regularly working perfectly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainAddOn said:

I for one have pretty much all add-ons I fly regularly working perfectly.

That’s good news. Which ones?

15 hours ago, newtie said:

That’s good news. Which ones?

Orbx global, Active Sky, and primarily PMDG Boeing add-ons, with some occasional diversions into GA freeware or even the default aircraft. PMDG 737ngxu is my daily driver.

• Like 1