Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Parallel 42 (chaseplane dev) statement on P3D v6

From their FB page: 

🔨 Prepar3D v6?
- No further dev of P3D Immersion Packages or updates for current versions.
- No future release of ChasePlane for P3D v6 or updates for the current version.
TL;DR There are no plans to develop for P3D v6. v5 dev halted. Thanks for a great ~9 years!

This decision is bizarre. Unlike other developers who are prioritising the other sim this one doesn’t have a gateway into it. Hasn’t for nearly three years. I’ve seen nothing about things changing on that front. Has anyone else?

So more or less zero sales and no new product on the way. He’s in a league of his own.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

This decision is bizarre. Unlike other developers who are prioritising the other sim this one doesn’t have a gateway into it. Hasn’t for nearly three years. I’ve seen nothing about things changing on that front. Has anyone else?

So more or less zero sales and no new product on the way. He’s in a league of his own.

They are getting sales via the addons they have made for msfs. (Aircraft, scenery, campout and Flow Pro etc) if that is what you meant at the very end of your post. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Well Parallel has a good amount of products for MSFS https://parallel42.com/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

HAPPY FLYING
~G "Heavy1216" Edge

Intel Core i9 10850k 5.0ghz, GeFore RTX 3080 , ASUSTek Prime Z490-V, 32GB DDR4 3600

16 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have not heard you say anything good since V6 was launched. Most people knew this would happen and are accepting that developers are moving away from P3D. They obviously know what they are doing if they do want to move away..... otherwise they wouldn't of if it would be bad for them....

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Jorg (head of MSFS) did in fact mention chaseplane and opening up the camera system during one of the monthly development streams.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

I am disappointed yet again. I was really hope to have at least Chaseplane in v6. This tool is the first thing I ever took as add-on for P3D years ago. This guy is just dropping us. Well, sad. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

They are getting sales via the addons they have made for msfs. (Aircraft, scenery, campout and Flow Pro etc) if that is what you meant at the very end of your post.

But it seems nothing from CP. It must have been their best seller for P3D. I fail to understand why they don’t continue to support it especially when it’s the best of its type.

8 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

I have not heard you say anything good since V6 was launched. Most people knew this would happen and are accepting that developers are moving away from P3D. They obviously know what they are doing if they do want to move away..... otherwise they wouldn't of....

I assess the situation regarding addons I consider mandatory before committing to a purchase. How can anyone pass judgement on something they don’t have? Very few if any screenshots to make an assessment. Developers are making excuses not to support a sim that doesn’t seem to have changed that much below the surface. The logical choice is to remain with v5.4 for me.

10 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

Jorg (head of MSFS) did in fact mention chaseplane and opening up the camera system during one of the monthly development streams.  

I saw that statement and he also included the weather engine. Discussion of that is for another place, not here.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I think this is a really bizarre choice on the part of Parallel 42. Whereas LM will never produce a competitor’s aircraft out of the box without support from 3PD, this choice seems like it simply invite the P3D team to simply spend a few cycles on the next release improving the default camera systems. I can’t imagine that this would be that difficult, and it would kill whatever residual revenue chaseplane has left.

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But it seems nothing from CP. It must have been their best seller for P3D. I fail to understand why they don’t continue to support it especially when it’s the best of its type.

I assess the situation regarding addons I consider mandatory before committing to a purchase. How can anyone pass judgement on something they don’t have? Very few if any screenshots to make an assessment. Developers are making excuses not to support a sim that doesn’t seem to have changed that much below the surface. The logical choice is to remain with v5.4 for me.

I saw that statement and he also included the weather engine. Discussion of that is for another place, not here.

I don't see excuses. I see facts. Has we know new sims always come with problems but people find a work around. Which even then is not an official way to do things. P3D V7 will come and well I would bet any money on it no one will continue that far...

3 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Has we know new sims always come with problems but people find a work around.

P3Dv6 is unique. It’s the first time a major release of P3D hasn’t had the unqualified support of third party developers. Versions 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 all enjoyed full support.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

P3Dv6 is unique. It’s the first time a major release of P3D hasn’t had the unqualified support of third party developers. Versions 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 all enjoyed full support.

We have to agree to disagree

Just now, djbully said:

Seems to me there are many MSFS ers in here gleefully enjoying the demise of P3D. It just sad really. 

I loved P3D I still have 5.2 or 5.3 installed can't remember with a select few aircrafts installed 777, 747 to name a few. I just hate the feeling of going back in seeing dull scenery and half expecting a ctd. Got to love Active Sky though and a working weather radar.

18 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

They have clearly made a lot of money on MSFS and that is how they have come to this decision.

There is still a chance camera addons by Opus and Ezdok get updated for v6 or someone else.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29