Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Parallel 42 (chaseplane dev) statement on P3D v6

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

I am not making any money at all from P3D

That's not the case with //42. Most people using P3D has chaseplane, it is essential add-on. Unlike yours. 

FSReborn is mandatory for me (thank you @simbol,  buyer since 27-11-2019!)

ChasePlane...one of the reasons I have not migrated to MSFS is precisely because there is no CP on that platform.

Edited by Juliet Alpha

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

3 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

That's not the case with //42. Most people using P3D has chaseplane, it is essential add-on. Unlike yours. 

Where is the proof that //42 is making money from P3D today or this year? Because there isn't any. Just stick to P3Dv5 and you will be all happy. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Thanks for injecting some common sense into this thread, and for your continued efforts in the community, Raul. 

All the best.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

19 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

The fact that you make less money in P3D market is not a reason for you to leave it.

Look, I'm not the best business mind in the world, but I would say that's exactly the reason to leave it. 

And I'm a diehard P3D user. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

The fact that you make less money in P3D market is not a reason for you to leave it. What's most interesting is why you won't work the both markets. You don't know for how long P3D will be the smaller market. Same goes for //42, which are even greedy than us. 

You guys both greedy. I don't see a reason to buy products from greedy people that jump out from our market for no reason. That's my point. 

And when it comes to inflation, let me tell you something - I live in the most corrupted state in EU - Bulgaria. Here prizes are worse than UK. And I am not joking. Not to mention I pay 20 % state fee on all products I buy. Which is not the case with UK I am sure. You wanna talk finance - users are financed troubled just as you if not worse. And we still supported you guys no matter what. 

You guys are in complete denial and out of the reality.

I will ask you a question:

Let's say you work 40 hours a week for your current boss at $20 / hour

Will you split and work 20 hours a week for your current boss at $20 / hour and 20 hours for another boss at $2 / hour?

Of course, you won't. And that is exactly what you ask Raul and //42 to do

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PavlinS said:

I released many add-ons that are essential with many other 3rd party devs.. so I have plenty of insight how the market moves.. but anyway you need to understand using an add-on is not equal to new sales. This is probably what most people fail to see, most CP users probably bought the product with P3D V3 or V4.. and since then are just getting free updates. How can you judge how many new users they get each month to continue supporting CP for another 5 years? software life cycle is not about numbers of users, is about cash flow. You could have million of users using your app, but if the company supporting the app is not getting cash flow to pay their staff, it will just decline and disapear.

Anyway, I wish you all the very best Pavlins, I understand how you do feel, I came here to provide an insight of why most 3rd party devs positions is not keep moving forward so people can start making their own conclusions after hearing the side of the coin from both ends.

For my current P3D customers (V4, V5) don't worry guys, I am still here standing.. you can contact me via support email at any time you have an issue and you will get support, I am not going anywhere.

Best,
Raul

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sdirand said:

You guys are in complete denial and out of the reality.

I will ask you a question:

Let's say you work 40 hours a week for your current boss at $20 / hour

Will you split and work 20 hours a week for your current boss at $20 / hour and 20 hours for another boss at $2 / hour?

Of course, you won't. And that is exactly what you ask Raul and //42 to do

Please. I had worked for lot less than 2 dollars an hour. I had worked for 50 cents an hour. You know what that means? Just try go to tailoring factory in Bulgaria. I'll see how good you will be able making less than 10 dollars a day on the machine. Talked about realism. Imagine you in my realism. That's a realism you won't be able to deal with. 

33 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

The fact that you make less money in P3D market is not a reason for you to leave it. What's most interesting is why you won't work the both markets. You don't know for how long P3D will be the smaller market. Same goes for //42, which are even greedy than us. 

You guys both greedy. I don't see a reason to buy products from greedy people that jump out from our market for no reason. That's my point. 

At this point your feelings don't dictate a 3rd party developer's financial pressures on whether to continue or stop further development of addons for the lowest profit margin sim platform.

Seems like opposite of greed to me especially if their motivation for P3D isn't there anymore and they don't have 100% to put into the addons because of low profits.

I don't see anything wrong with profit margins being part of one's passion and enthusiasm for addon development.

This is a business after all....

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 minute ago, PavlinS said:

Please. I had worked for lot less than 2 dollars an hour. I had worked for 50 cents an hour. You know what that means? Just try go to tailoring factory in Bulgaria. I'll see how good you will be able making less than 10 dollars a day on the machine. Talked about realism. Imagine you in my realism. That's a realism you won't be able to deal with. 

You still don't understand. I don't know what is the average hour salary in Bulgaria, that's not the point!

Let me phrase it differently. Instead of working 40 hours a week for your boss at your current average hourly salary, you won't work 20 hours for your current boss at your average hourly salary and 20 another hours for ten time less salary. And you won't work 20 extra hours a week, so 60 hours a week for a penny. Get the point?

• Like 1

Just now, sdirand said:

You still don't understand. I don't know what is the average hour salary in Bulgaria, that's not the point!

Let me phrase it differently. Instead of working 40 hours a week for your boss at your current average hourly salary, you won't work 20 hours for your current boss at your average hourly salary and 20 another hours for ten time less salary. And you won't work 20 extra hours a week, so 60 hours a week for a penny. Get the point?

To me time is nothing. I do not care how much time I spent to achieve my goals. I do it, because I want to. Everything else is just excuses for me. 

2 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

To me time is nothing. I do not care how much time I spent to achieve my goals. I do it, because I want to. Everything else is just excuses for me. 

oh well, I give up and let you live in your strange world. You should understand that most people don't live in the same world anyway

• Like 3

@simbol I'm shocked you waited 5 months before making a decision.  I applaud you're loyalty, but I would have done something when the profit margins started dipping into the red.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

I don't know what your goals are, but as @simbol has said his goals are feeding his family. That's a pretty good and reasonable goal in my book. So if that means he needs to move to MSFS and not give you a free upgrade for something you feel entitled then that's just too bad.

I for one wholeheartedly support him and all the other developers who are running a business and need sales to survive. The world isn't a charity filled with rainbows, unicorns and lollypops. 

Edited by KL Oo
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Sometimes I wonder why I come back to this forum, feels like I'm reading the same thread every time lol

Final nail in the coffin for v6 for me unless LM overhaul the camera system unfortunately. Which is a shame. Chaseplane was and continues to be an essential quality of life addon for me. I do appreciate that Parallell42 are maintaining support for v5 so those of us using that platform can continue to make use of it & I hope the poor response from some P3D users won't impact that.

I do think it's sad P3D is going this way in regard to the consumer market. No plans to move off it though, silver lining is the amount of stuff there is around for P3D that works in v5 still.

• Like 1

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png