Sign in to follow this  
CO2Neutral

P3D V6 Automatic Update working well

This morning when I started P3D V6 I got prompted to update and more importantly I have to option to accept or decline the update.   I accepted the update and it worked very well, took about 9 minutes.  Everything I had installed still working well (Orbx airports, True Earth, MJC, FlyTampa, etc.), no issues with the update, very impressed!

• Fixed issue preventing C-130 variants from loading.
  • Fixed issue causing distance remaining sign text to be off center.
  • Additional airport surface updates.
  • Added retry connection option to personal license disconnected pop up screen.
  • Fixed crash seen at certain sloped airports.
  • Fixed issue with volumetric cloud queries in multi-view cases.
  • Fixed issue with metric weight conversions in Fuel/Payload screen.
  • Improved atmospheric irradiance ambient lighting.
  • Fixed issue preventing gun list from populating in SimDirector.
  • Fixed issue with ambient bounce lighting on clouds.
  • Increased TAA sharpness.
  • Fixed issue with gun loadouts on F-35 B and C variants.
  • Tuned defensive flare effect.
  • Fixed issue with patch installation UI if application was updated but user chose not to install.

Went from version 6.0.26.30799 to 6.0.27.30829.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Strange, I haven't gotten a prompt to update even though I have the box checked 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Me neither? It still shows version 6.0.26.30799 on the Lockheed Martin P3D website. 

Edited by Grand_Pubah
Update

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

You in some kind of beta/early release program? I didn’t get an update and my C-130 still doesn’t work.

Hoping this is indicative that all these fixes are imminent.I think v6 is great, but would be nice to get more frequent updates/enhancements.

Hi, Can you advise please as to how you got your True Earth to work?

Thanks Phil

18 hours ago, Grand_Pubah said:

Me neither? It still shows version 6.0.26.30799 on the Lockheed Martin P3D website. 

Same here

Francisco Aguiar

Note that you need to install .27 version of AS6 now after the update.

• Like 1

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

1 hour ago, philmurfin said:

It has just appeared for me 5 mis back

I've just got mine too.Installing now

Francisco Aguiar

Updating now for me. It's not exactly a speed demon for small update.

44 minutes ago, DWadsworth said:

Note that you need to install .27 version of AS6 now after the update.

Are we going to have to update add-ons too with frequent updates? I guess we can ignore updates until devs catch up.

Version: P3Dv5.4, P3Dv6  CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.5 GHz with HT on,  GPU: RTX 3080 12GB,  RAM: 32GB DDR-5MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

Disapointed! 
second reinstall, now manual, cause the first super slow not charming older downloader style autoalmostmatic update broke my P3D V6 with a nice black screen in veichle setection and loaded flight no flush shaders, no the normal procedure for black screen worked.

This is not an automatic update as expected, it's a warning pointing to the p3d server for downlading to "an unknown somewhere place in your system" that auto exec itself with a window classic for installing. 

LOVE P3D V6 but this it's very disapointing.

Ric

1 hour ago, DonMuskopf said:

Updating now for me. It's not exactly a speed demon for small update.

Are we going to have to update add-ons too with frequent updates? I guess we can ignore updates until devs catch up.

I’m sure this is a bigger than normal update. We know they were missing some textures and also the entire C-130 model, plus who knows what else. A whole lot faster than downloading and installing the whole thing over again at least. Update worked smooth for me - appears to not have broken anything.

• Like 1

I've not run into anything broken after update.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's