Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Beyond ATC Full flight demo

• Like 2

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

So the ATC does not control AI aircraft?  Judging by the mishap at takeoff with the twin prop..  

And I'm still not sure how SIDs and STARs are assigned.  Do you have to input this information in via Simbrief on the ground as in the video?  Or will it be given to you around TOD?  

21 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

So the ATC does not control AI aircraft? 

For me personally, if it doesn't, I wont purchase it. It's 2023, Asobo and dev's need to pull their finger our regarding AI and ATC 9Asobo mainly). It is so neglected and stuck in the past. 

• Like 8

We have been over this, there is an entire thread about it.

Yes, it does NOT control the AI aircraft. The internal sim engine does.

Gotta say, after starting to watch that video, I'm not too happy. The dude is wasting our precious time by showing us his prestart procedures (shoddy ones I might add). I want to see how this software performs not how he fumbles through the operation of the 737.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 7

BeyondATC does not contol AI aircraft simply because MSFS2020 does not allow it.

But can't it 'read' the postition, speed etc. of individual AI plains such that at least BeyondATC can account for that in the intructions given to the pilot flying? For example; wait and hold instructions until a plane has landed or has taken off, speed restrictions in the air to maintain separation (maybe even entering holds)?

• Like 2

Yes, I am wondering too how they will fix that.

They look like smart guys so I hope they can find a convincing way to fit the user aircraft in the AI Traffic to create a believable environment!

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Gotta say, after starting to watch that video, I'm not too happy. The dude is wasting our precious time by showing us his prestart procedures (shoddy ones I might add). I want to see how this software performs not how he fumbles through the operation of the 737.

I left a comment on  Youtube ,asking him why he wasted over 20 minutes screwing around starting the 737, when he could have just selected ready to taxi, with flight plan already loaded. If you skip to around 15 minutes in the video, that is when the demo of the ATC starts. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

37 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

BeyondATC does not contol AI aircraft simply because MSFS2020 does not allow it.

But can't it 'read' the postition, speed etc. of individual AI plains such that at least BeyondATC can account for that in the intructions given to the pilot flying? For example; wait and hold instructions until a plane has landed or has taken off, speed restrictions in the air to maintain separation (maybe even entering holds)?

My ATC program, will not let you take the runway, until any aircraft on final has landed and cleared the runway. So it is easily doable, he did say that some features have not been incorporated yet in this demo flight. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Apollo13 said:

Well, FSHud obviously (available as Beta) and VoxATC reportedly (not yet available) found a way to control AI aircraft. So B-ATC should be able to do so as well. Seems it is just not their development priority, regrettably imho.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

Does it have Simbrief integration, so it assigns what you've got on your plan or?

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Does it have Simbrief integration, so it assigns what you've got on your plan or?

Yes, it uses Simbrief flightplans.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Yes, it uses Simbrief flightplans.

Nice, thanks. Figured that was the case but just had to make sure. Can't wait to give it a try.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, Sethos said:

Nice, thanks. Figured that was the case but just had to make sure. Can't wait to give it a try.

there is a great deal of information on their Discord Channel. https://discord.com/invite/UgrhCG6rGn

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Well, FSHud obviously (available as Beta) and VoxATC reportedly (not yet available) found a way to control AI aircraft. So B-ATC should be able to do so as well. Seems it is just not their development priority, regrettably imho.

The developer of B-ATC said this, about why he won't (yet) add AI control:

I do have some ideas for how to do actual traffic controlling.

Right now
, we need to pick our battles. I need to get the core functionality working. People have expressed they want IFR and VFR as inclusions in the base package, so that needs to come first. We will handle traffic as a layer that sits above BATC. If there is traffic on the runway, we won't get you takeoff clearance, but we also can't space them correctly. That will be 1.0 of BATC. Then, after that's working to our desired degree of quality, we will dive into the world of traffic controlling.

Which, if you think about it is almost an entire other program - how to route planes around an airport is a huge undertaking, never mind having them communicate properly. So that's why I'm thinking we split it up into two parts.

1.0 = IFR and VFR flights with awesome quality phraseology and procedures with a immersive level of traffic interactions, but no direct control.

2.0 = Full traffic control, the entire experience top to bottom.

It might not even make sense to start working on direct traffic control right now - bending over backwards to work with an SDK made out of duct tape and swiss cheese. Then 2024 drops and they expose some amazing new layer that allows precision control, what a waste that would have been for us to focus on the wrong thing first. So it makes sense to me to punt this task until we know more about 2024.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I couldn't stand listening to him so I'll have to wait for another review,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | Seasonic Vertex 1000W I LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |