Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Fokker F28 Professional released

On 7/16/2023 at 7:33 AM, Dominique_K said:

Anybody with a weak hardware setup like mine (4770+1080) with this addon ? Is it hard on the FPS ?

Just bumping this for those of us who aren't in the 4090 club.

The only other complex airliner I use is PMDG 737 which is very easy on frames. Be interested in a comparison....?

3 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

Very tempting 

I'm in the "do not own but very tempted" camp for this as well.

Can any afficionades advise if there is any capability to have a visual depiction of your route in this plane?   I understand the vintage and know that the answer is almost certainly no, but I do recall some vintage airliners in FSX where the retrofitted FMS could draw a rudimentary navigation track.   Or does it perhaps have a nice 'cheat' GNS530 option to add to the panel (like the DC-6s eg).

I might get shot down for even asking this! 😄 but vintage airliners aren't normally my preference as (call me lazy or GPS-dependent) but I do like some form of visual depiction of my navigational track.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Well - I love the aircraft, but it is very juddery for me in VR - even with me now having switched off the passenger cabin detail.  It judders both in cabin view and in external view. 

I bit the bullet recently to also get the magnificent and very detailed/rendered Maddog 80...which has no judder at all at the same settings.  In fact, the JF Fokker F28 is the only aircraft I currently have, stock and 3rd party, that does judder like this.  

I will post a ticket but hope that they do sort it - in all other respects, it's excellent.    

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

49 minutes ago, JYW said:

Can any afficionades advise if there is any capability to have a visual depiction of your route in this plane?

Let's take it RNAV | Can The F28 Fly Like Any Other Airliner? | Real Airline Pilot (youtube.com)

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, JYW said:

I'm in the "do not own but very tempted" camp for this as well.

Can any afficionades advise if there is any capability to have a visual depiction of your route in this plane?   I understand the vintage and know that the answer is almost certainly no, but I do recall some vintage airliners in FSX where the retrofitted FMS could draw a rudimentary navigation track.   Or does it perhaps have a nice 'cheat' GNS530 option to add to the panel (like the DC-6s eg).

I might get shot down for even asking this! 😄 but vintage airliners aren't normally my preference as (call me lazy or GPS-dependent) but I do like some form of visual depiction of my navigational track.

You could load in your flight plan into Littlenavmap.   Don't worry about being shot down for asking, everyone can fly the way they want, that is the joy of having our own flight simulator.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 hours ago, jon b said:

It just trundles along at idle power once it's underway without accelerating , taxying in VR it just seems to have a nice weighty and therefore realistic feel to it.

I use a separate hardware tiller, and yes it turns nice as well.   

Jon which hardware tiller do you have?

Rhett

I love nothing more than the mix of old and new (737-300 with efis, RJ, F100 etc.) so in the absence of any rumours of the 737 I’ll be all in on an RJ or F100/70 the second they arrive!  It’s somewhat challenging to operate something like the F28 (I don’t own it for this reason) in the modern ‘R’ Nav environment. 

Been wanting to pick this one up for some time as so far I've always been very impressed with JF, the 146 is stil the airliner I fly the most but now that I picked up the F28 it's going to be competing against this one.  It's beautifully modelled, a joy to handfly, sounds great and I love the extra little touches like being able to lower the stairs and control the lights and cabin from switches in the galley.  

The little things is what adds to the immersion, no regrets here so far other than why didn't I bite the bullet on this one sooner. Definitely exceeded my expectations so far, on tutorial number 3 now learning to fly it proper, certainly a lot more involved than I would have thought but very satisfying.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mace said:

Jon which hardware tiller do you have?

One of these…..https://cat3design.com/a320tiller

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

10 hours ago, jon b said:

Those are always out-of-stock.  Have they stopped making them?  Or do they make them in batches and send?

Rhett

One of the best Add ons we have for MSFS !

But of course that's just my opinion..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Mace said:

Those are always out-of-stock.  Have they stopped making them?  Or do they make them in batches and send?

I’m not sure, I bought mine when it was first released and advertised on here.

It’s a one man operation, a 320 pilot in Australia who was making them while grounded during lockdowns.

Maybe he’s too busy flying again now ?

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

23 hours ago, ianb2469 said:

It’s somewhat challenging to operate something like the F28 (I don’t own it for this reason) in the modern ‘R’ Nav environment. 

I'd ask you to look at the charts for US airports, as they nearly all still have 'old style' SIDS and STARS, with the east<->west airways VOR to VOR. 

The US really is the place to fly if you're into the classic airliners.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mace said:

I put my name on a wait list back in 2022 and got an email about 90 days later that they could process my order if I still wanted to buy.  No payment was required until they were actually ready for my order.

It’s a great piece of gear.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU