Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Fokker F28 Professional released

Don't really understand all of the commotion about loud engine sounds. There's an adjustment in MSFS  sound options for engines that work just fine. If the developer tones down the audio levels, then for those people who like it/need it loud have no option. I hope the developer takes that into consideration. You can turn down the audio level, but from the user stand point, we can't increase above what is delivered.  The state saving feature would be welcomed as well as being able to import the MSFS FP. Otherwise, this is an excellent product that delivers a great experience.

• Like 2

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 4080FE, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

7 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

Interested in the initial reactions of early adopters who aren't Influencers.

T45

Hi mate.  I had been waiting patiently for almost two years for the F28.  Having bought their 146 - I knew it would be solid.

I think by now you'll understand and have seen that the F28 is a stunning model with exceptional cockpit.  The texturing and attention to detail is first rate.

Systems depth is there and she's not a battery on, start and go aircraft.  I am immersed in the checklists and documentation, so good.

There's a nice surprise after you land and turn on the APU.  I won't spoil it but it adds to the immersion factor.

The sounds are incredible and you feel like you've stepped back in time when you take a seat in the cockpit.

For me it's another JF 10/10 winner!  Go get it!

Jase

• Like 12

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Does the GNS530 GPS come with every model? I wanted to confirm since I’d prefer not to use old style navigation anymore,

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

It's an option in the EFB. Tick the box, and it will be frankenmodded into the place where the radar is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, wiler said:

dumb question but cant get the steering to work. got the switch on the on position and cover closed , twisting the rudder shows the nose wheel lever turn , but the wheels dont turn. what gives??

It seems to me you that you have not unlocked the gustlock (blue handle under your right armrest). I made the same mistake and it took me a few minutes to find the issue.

• Like 3

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG C3 OLED 42" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 24H2 Insider Build

1 hour ago, mwe_EDVK said:

It seems to me you that you have not unlocked the gustlock (blue handle under your right armrest). I made the same mistake and it took me a few minutes to find the issue.

yes it seems I overlooked that little lever in the pedestal... thx

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

12 hours ago, mspencer said:

Happens all the time. To me it's not an issue with the addon, it's a Navigraph thing. I have to re-authenticate Charts, Simlink, and aircraft integrated Charts seemingly every time I restart the computer. It's very frustrating.

Same here. Complained multiple times in their forum but this is still not resolved. I have it happen mid flight sometimes. Very frustrating.

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

39 minutes ago, alepro21 said:

Same here. Complained multiple times in their forum but this is still not resolved. I have it happen mid flight sometimes. Very frustrating.

To be honest it's the only flaw I can really complain about in an otherwise fantastic product! Except resource usage, that isn't great. Otherwise I'm always delighted by new additions to Charts, new functionality, etc.

7 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Interesting, I assumed it didn't work as there were dark clouds with precip on my approach and it didn't show anything. Maybe it was a weather depiction issue rather than missing radar?

Maybe..? Or you didn’t have it on correctly? Not really sure

Is there any information whether the F28 will be compatible with FS2024?

IMHO an important question against the background of such an investment in an addon.

I would at least wait until it is published im MS Store, because MS announced that all MS Store addons will be compatible.

1 hour ago, PTI139 said:

Is there any information whether the F28 will be compatible with FS2024?

IMHO an important question against the background of such an investment in an addon.

I would at least wait until it is published im MS Store, because MS announced that all MS Store addons will be compatible.

The software supplied to the MS store is usually the same as that sold elsewhere (WW2 German markings and weapons excepted). Until FS2024 is released, of course, no one will be able to confirm 100% if anything is actually compatible. However, most devs (JF included) have said that FOC upgrades will be provided assuming that MS is correct when they have stated that the work required to port over to FS2024 will not be too onerous. 

Edited by Dereksmalls

9 hours ago, Simtech95382 said:

Don't really understand all of the commotion about loud engine sounds. There's an adjustment in MSFS  sound options for engines that work just fine...

Yes, that's true, but then it is out for the 95% of aircraft in the sim that have the right levels set, so you have to go back and adjust it back again for them. 
It isn't too much trouble as you say, but an easier option would be for them to calibrate their sounds to the levels of the majority of aircraft in the sim. 
Surely that would be better and more convenient for the user wouldn't it?

The only other aircraft I had this problem with was the Airplane Heaven C140, which was ridiculously loud and out of range compared to every other aircraft in MSFS.  

Edited by bobcat999
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Dereksmalls said:

The software supplied to the MS store is usually the same as that sold elsewhere (WW2 German markings and weapons excepted). Until FS2024 is released, of course, no one will be able to confirm 100% if anything is actually compatible. However, most devs (JF included) have said that FOC upgrades will be provided assuming that MS is correct when they have stated that the work required to port over to FS2024 will not be too onerous. 

I see, thanks 😊 

The Fenix A320 is also really loud for me, particularly with the exterior sounds. These two are by far my ‘loudest’ addons. I wish MSFS would remember sound settings per-plane. Would make everyone happy.

I think it’s especially an issue with this plane because all the other sounds are so good. It’s hard to hear all the little buzzes and bells with the constant BRRRRRRRRRRRR.

The takeoff roll is what gets me every time. Puts me right in a real aircraft cabin being yeeted down a runway. 😍

• Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Took my first flight last night, Air Ontario CYYZ-KCLE.

Overall really nice, immersive and a nice change from the usual Airbus/Boeing ops.  I flew the GPS version and while it would be nice if it auto populated the flight plan it didn’t take too long for me to program in this short route.  It was good practice too as I rarely program in SIDS/STARS in the GTN530.

The flight generally went well, you need to be paying much more attention and stay further ahead of the plane than you do with more modern ones which is to be expected.  I did end up a bit high on final and had to do a 360 to lose altitude but that was my fault and I’d say a result of being used to VNAV.

I did have a hard time getting the aircraft to settle on the runway and bounced a few times.  The spoilers/air brakes (can’t remember the Fokker name, lift dumpers?) didn’t auto deploy and I think they should have?  I think I properly armed them by pushing in the appropriate button.

All in all a very well done aircraft.  Very different, sounds are great and lots of fun.  I did have a ticking sound on descent and I’m not sure what that was.  Overall highly recommended.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU