Sign in to follow this  
flyinace12

FS2Crew Animated First Officer for FBW A320 released.

https://youtu.be/JZIbPYEsa1A

A new add on for the FS2Crew FBW A320 Project was released. An animated first officer to help with immersion. He seems to be a bit slow and robotic, but a step in the right direction. Hopefully they release one for the Fenix at some point. 

Edited by flyinace12
  • Like 1

Always find these stiff, creepy dolls sitting in the cockpit next to me do more to hurt my immersion than improve it.

Oh and taking the liberty of posting it again, so it gets embedded properly, hope that's ok flyinace12

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Interesting idea, but no. I really dislike how they are selling everything as a seperate product. This looks like this should be an upgrade to the existing FS2Crew a320 edition and not a paid expansion. The whole package FS2Crew + Animated co-pilot would be 45€ and only for one single plane.

It was the same with their recently released 737 SOP2. Even if you own SOP1 for the same plane, you still have to pay the full price again. According to them it’s not possible to do discounts as they do not keep track of who buys what in their store.

Edited by petz_e
  • Like 1

Interesting but in VR this is creepy and scary (to me that is).  I do like to switch seats from Captain to First Officer seat.  This product is not for me though.  

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

52 minutes ago, petz_e said:

It was the same with their recently released 737 SOP2. Even if you own SOP1 for the same plane, you still have to pay the full price again.

Wait what? Seriously? You have to pay for an SOP? In P3D all three SOPs came with the same product.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I like it a lot, but I'm already invested in the First Officer Next product.

Since this is a standalone product, do you plan to support this other product?

As an idea this is a 10/10. As an attempt it looks like it should still be in alpha.There's no reason in 2023 an NPC has to look like he's straight out of GTA San Andreas. The guy should be photorealistic with proper lighting, shaders, breathing, etc. There are free indie games with far more realistic player models at no cost to frames.

I'm also a bit put off by the way he hits a button and goes back to his default hands on knees pose. Because he's doing a flow FS2Crew could have programmed him to keep looking in the direction of the flow and to keep his hand hovered around that area until the flow is completed. It's basic animating that most every other modern game gets right. If FS2crew is going to charge $40 bucks for the whole thing, they aught to invest in motion capture software and their own high fidelity copilot models.

• Like 10

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I'd be happy if someone were to come up with a "climb properly into the left or right seat" mod. In almost every AAA game these days you can do this. Look at Cyberpunk 2077, for example, you actually climb into your car instead of just teleporting into it. 

Or walking around. Or climbing up stairs. 

Even the supposedly "first person mode" in FS Realistic looks like something out of console game released in 1996.

• Like 1

Well, it is a nice addition but not until the FO will look like a character from Uncharted 4 or at least Read Dead Redemption 2 as a benchmark. If the whole sim is nearly photo realistic, characters should be as well.

I know : Easier to say than do

Pierre

• Like 2

Addon developers need to seriously study how the big gaming studios do player characters and NPCs. Gearbox Studios, Ubisoft, CD Project Red, etc. - their characters look almost life-like. 

In 2023 we shouldn't have to look at the "zombie robot shuffle" anymore. 

• Like 2