Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

A PIlots Life V2 just added Cabin announcements

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The timing in this app is excellent. from boarding announcements, to taxi to gate after landing , everything is tied perfectly to the stage of flight. 

Thank f for that. That is good news. Im going back some to just before the last flight sim was released. And had the cabin announcements in time. It was a popular program, i forget which, but also needed some download files to make it all work in sync and unless you are a tech guru it was hassle,.but sort of worked. So good news. Not a great immersion imo to hear prepare for landing five minutes after take off, lol.

Can the announcements be modified or tailored in anyway?

The new SLC allows you to create a .TXT file and have it read as a TTS voice, which if you have a good paid voice pack sounds excellent.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

7 hours ago, KL Oo said:

Can the announcements be modified or tailored in anyway?

The new SLC allows you to create a .TXT file and have it read as a TTS voice, which if you have a good paid voice pack sounds excellent.

They are going to record voices in the next update. No text to speech

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Trying to download the 2.2.1.101 update, so I can use program. But, download seems super very slow?

Geoff Bryce

I like PACX though it's stunted in what it could have been, and there is only one voice for crew but it's very well done.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

22 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

The announcements are okay and add to the immersion if you set the volume to 10 % and only here them muffled as part of the ambience. Do not listen to them too closely, in particular the non-english voices partly are kind of ridiculous.

wow, just wow

12 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

wow, just wow

Lol.   Actually tho a bit of DIY editing can make a good difference. I put a atc sound through a sound editor and it wasnt great,

but sounded better and more realistic.

I am not getting any boarding announcements, using a PMDG 737-700.  The first announcement I get is the safety demonstration.  Is there anything that triggers the announcements?

On finals I get a "cabin crew seats for landing" message, which I'd have thought would have been much earlier.~

The foreign accents are a bit too strong and extreme but it's not a bad add-on for eight bucks.  A nice bit of immersion.  

Bob, thanks for being a good sport and buying and testing it. Quick question, are the announcements generic for every airline or if flying United they're specific to that? 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

17 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

I am not getting any boarding announcements, using a PMDG 737-700.  The first announcement I get is the safety demonstration.  Is there anything that triggers the announcements?

On finals I get a "cabin crew seats for landing" message, which I'd have thought would have been much earlier.~

The foreign accents are a bit too strong and extreme but it's not a bad add-on for eight bucks.  A nice bit of immersion.  

Me neither. In fact I didn't get any announcement in Fenix 320!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

17 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

I get all the announcements in the Fenix. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Bob, thanks for being a good sport and buying and testing it. Quick question, are the announcements generic for every airline or if flying United they're specific to that? 

They are generic, sounds just  like the script the airlines use when they record the announcements  to be played over the PA. 

• Like 1

After restarting PL2 everything works!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I feel like we're being buried in add-ons.

Gregg

• Like 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM