Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

No Ship Traffic

As long as I have been flying MSFS I have never seen any ship traffic.  I have GAIST ULTRA Ver. 3 and have selected 100% Ship Traffic.

I did see one yacht at Hong Kong Harbor.

Am  doing something wrong ?

Dave

Hi Dave, how to install GAIST ULTRA Ver. 3. Install all 9 files in your Community folder.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

You should set MSFS ship traffic very low, I think it's suggested < 5% (don't recall my setting from head) to prevent display of the default ships.

Plus, activate the base package (gaist-ultra-v3) plus one or maximum a couple of region specific packages. If there are too many packages active at the same time, there is a certain limit (Simconnect... or something like this) which can prevent display. That's why Henrik made the several separate packages.

Kind regards, Michael 

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

6% is the maximum setting needed, more than that has a detrimental effect. Select only the areas in which you will be flying, not the whole lot.

Rob Jones.

Thanks, all.  Got it going (still not a lot of traffic, though).

Dave

13 hours ago, DaveH said:

Thanks, all.  Got it going (still not a lot of traffic, though).

Dave

If you can't get it to work satisfactorily, SEAfront Simulation (Payware) is available as an alternative which will give you a lot of boat traffic of all kinds all over the world.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

19 hours ago, jonesrob said:

6% is the maximum setting needed, more than that has a detrimental effect. Select only the areas in which you will be flying, not the whole lot.

Do you know why this is the case ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

4 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Do you know why this is the case ? 

Have a look further up at Michael's post, I think the number was 1000.

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

I have all correct installed, ship traffic at 5 in simu, and only active mediterranean region but have no shops arriving to valencia port, when in real life there is four - five cargo ships arriving to port constantly.

This is very unrealistic

On 8/11/2023 at 6:22 PM, DaveH said:

Am  doing something wrong ?

I can't install v3 right now that I didn't even know existed but I had this problem with the first version with all the recommended settings and Community On and OFF. And we were quite a few ... in the same boat. Ships came up in v2. Don't ask me why, I still don't understand.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

39 minutes ago, motishow said:

I have all correct installed, ship traffic at 5 in simu, and only active mediterranean region but have no shops arriving to valencia port, when in real life there is four - five cargo ships arriving to port constantly.

This is very unrealistic

I agree. I occasionally see one ship when I know there are many more active in an area. How do we make the traffic more realistic… at least in quantity. I couldn’t really care less about routes, as I’m not going to fly with them, but flying into a location with a busy harbour where there’s one ship, is very unimmersive the way things are. 

As an aside, is there a mod to make the seas more realistic. All oceans look like glass to me, with live weather. No ocean on earth ever looks as calm as they do in the sim. Help!

Edited by Virtual-Chris
  • Upvote 1

Such or such harbour can be not as busy as in real life but this addon I started to have in P3D is an awesome addition to the sim making the seas alive. There are plenty of ships everywhere where the sea was dreadfully empty before. Adding manudesign marinas is recommended (by me😃).

I agree that Asobo should dedicate some of its efforts  to a better rendition of the sea surface according to the wind strength and direction. That would be a splendid WU.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, motishow said:

This is very unrealistic

The GAIST mod is not (yet) real time.

So you cannot expect to see live traffic. Ships will follow some correct routes though.

• Like 1