Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Flying tips on the Fenix V2

49 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Sounds like he is not making many friends for himself then.  :laugh:
Like I say, for the ones unaware of all this history (like me), all we can do is watch his videos (if they appeal to us), and form our opinions from there.
My comment was based on watching that single video above, so I didn't understand the strong response to it.
I won't go back in time to watch his older videos - from what say they might not be too good to watch.

Wow I also did not know this about 737NG Driver.  His tutorials on the 737 put out last year were well done if a bit snarky at times about a couple of things.  Shame the fame may have gone to his head.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Sounds like he is not making many friends for himself then.  :laugh:
Like I say, for the ones unaware of all this history (like me), all we can do is watch his videos (if they appeal to us), and form our opinions from there.
My comment was based on watching that single video above, so I didn't understand the strong response to it.
I won't go back in time to watch his older videos - from what you say they might not be too good to watch.

I have been flying the Fenix for hundreds of flights, and I still learned a great deal from his video, even if he isn't type rated on the A 320 ( like how many on this forum are?).  

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Criticising a real world pilot's credentials to fly an imaginary software aircraft. 

Peak Avsim. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Must be at the right place again. Ad hominem attacks last week on the ex aerosoft fella and now on a pilot who still enjoys fs as a hobby. 

• Like 2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I like his videos.

And I find it hard to believe someone who is piloting widebody jets for a living is looking for "fame" as a niche-youtuber to feed his ego. 

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I like his videos.

And I find it hard to believe someone who is piloting widebody jets for a living is looking for "fame" as a niche-youtuber to feed his ego. 

It literally is talk to others. Look in discords. Like myself and others have mentioned the comparing to other aircrafts, S****** on developers is really not needed and then quoting laws is just the nail in a coffin really, Its like he wants bad developers just to not learn and go bankrupt etc. Obviously people see things in different light. The way I see it and do others is what he is now doing does not help to a degree.

At the end of the day people will disagree with things and agree with things. If you can't handle comments and what people say then the internet is not the best place to be......

Edited by carlanthony24

I love this guy, if there's one thing this simulator has too many of, it's condescending people who consciously or unconsciously cheat. 

This is a video game and I'm sure for many of you 30 or 50 bucks is small change but I value my money and I'm tired of reading "like A2A" and better than FSLabs to many of you when it's nowhere near true. 

A youtuber who tells it like he thinks it is with his mistakes and some real pilots on top of that is a gem I don't miss a single one of his videos. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I'd take one of his "ranty" videos any day over those softened youtubers that think everything is great and fun and a pleasure to fly (hoping to bond with the devs). That said I'd like him to be a bit more critical towards the PMDG.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Well this one has certainly split the crowd! :laugh:   

Whatever you think, it's OK.  There will be differences in opinion on this guy, and I am not his best fan after looking at a few earlier videos, but just remember - nobody died.
At worst it is just a bit of an over-exuberant ego flexing it's muscles and being flippant, and the Fenix is a success whatever he says.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Hi,

I like him too ! I like the fact he speaks his mind and opinion even if it may hurt someone ( but only the truth should hurt …😉). I am also keen of his videos because at least you always learn something… it is not always this streaming stuff where the video is always cut by someone chiming in and the youtuber have to thank him every 30 seconds.

Fenix A320 is marvelous, and I really enjoy flying it. But people like me and I guess 737NG also do want the Fenix to be perfect, moreover because we know how capable the team is.

That is why I do not agree when I read people telling they won’t buy an hypothetical FSLAB A320 because of FENIX. People will buy it IF it outperformed the FENIX regarding the Airbus system and flying quality fidelity. Future will tell but I really hope FENIX will do all they can to stay ahead.

To conclude, I can not see any nasty sayings in the last videos of 737NG regarding Fenix V2. It is clear and factual. 

Pierre

Edited by Pochi
  • Like 2

Thanks to the OP for sharing the video. I have zero flight hours experience and literally do not know what I'm talking about, but I like the video and a few others of his that I've seen - they have helped me get off the ground and complete flights successfully, which for my was a steep learning curve for a total beginner. The moment I don't like them I'll stop watching them and move on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wrong thread...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

I like him as well. Give the guy a break. I trust his word more than I would a "non RW Pilot" You Tuber.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

16 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

I like him as well. Give the guy a break. I trust his word more than I would a "non RW Pilot" You Tuber.

And there are plenty of those. The thing that really gets my  goat is when  of these Youtube experts says they are going to review an aircraft, and then spend 20+ minutes setting up a flight plan, or try to, on Little Nav Map. What a waste of time. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 8/15/2023 at 8:01 AM, RALF9636 said:

I like his videos.

I would tend to agree, but I have to wonder whenever I see someone like this with an aggressively monetized channel.

My perspective: I'm a 73 captain at a US major airline.  I like to geek out with sims, and I do some streaming on Twitch for the social aspect/fun of it.  I never saw any point in monetizing the channel even though people keep asking me to, because, well, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but the reality is that there is no amount of money any content creator is making off sim content that even comes close to being meaningful to me, compared to what the day job pays.  (I've set up charity donations for folks who want to show some financial support and we've raised an amount that is definitely meaningful for these charities so I'm deeply grateful for that support.)

But you see my point: either European pilots are getting paid in a way that doesn't even compare to us over here and they need to earn some change with a YouTube channel... Or there's another reason to promote a channel so hard.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

Andrew Crowley