Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Concorde released

5 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

You heard right...and it's confirmed in the manual and here:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32992-a-note-on-our-new-virtual-crew-system/

I wrote a post in this forum in response.

Richard.

seems like you have to buy the product to see the post ... what do they say?

i think having the virtual "helpers" is a pretty reasonable for the broader market MSFS release but hopefully they allow the full functionality for the hardcores

Impressive model! Looks very nice. Unfortunately, I don't really use P3D anymore...

Guess I'll have to wait a couple of decades for the MSFS version 😛
(If there's a market for one, as we already have a Concorde in MSFS, albeit not as detailed...)

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Impressive model! Looks very nice. Unfortunately, I don't really use P3D anymore...

Guess I'll have to wait a couple of decades for the MSFS version 😛
(If there's a market for one, as we already have a Concorde in MSFS, albeit not as detailed...)

I bought a 1 month license to taste the FSLabs Airbuses 319 and 320 and feel even more tempted to buy the Concorde ...

All I can say is that P3Dv5.4 together with the weather provided by Active Sky P3D is way more convincing, flight and operations wise than the Fenix in MFS for me, and while the scenery ( default ) in P3D can't look as good as n MFS, even the fdefault is already just fine to me, enhanced by Orbx Global.

I can now understand better why some say they prefer the FSLabs Airbuses to anything else - I had been away from those for quite a while, but it was certainly worth the reinstall 🙂

FSLabs, HiFi, and P3D, make that platform as actual as MFS, even if you don't want to spend a little fortune in addons to enhance scenery...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

22 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I bought a 1 month license to taste the FSLabs Airbuses 319 and 320 and feel even more tempted to buy the Concorde ...

All I can say is that P3Dv5.4 together with the weather provided by Active Sky P3D is way more convincing, flight and operations wise than the Fenix in MFS for me, and while the scenery ( default ) in P3D can't look as good as n MFS, even the fdefault is already just fine to me, enhanced by Orbx Global.

I can now understand better why some say they prefer the FSLabs Airbuses to anything else - I had been away from those for quite a while, but it was certainly worth the reinstall 🙂

FSLabs, HiFi, and P3D, make that platform as actual as MFS, even if you don't want to spend a little fortune in addons to enhance scenery...

Having all he FSLabs Airbuses, just looking at the flight-deck makes me not want to use them at all. With V2-B1, the experience with Fenix is overall much more satisfying.

As for Concorde, I have purchased it due to the MSFS discount. Unfortunately I will have to bear with P3D until that version comes out. 

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Yes, MSFS is prettier.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

19 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Yes, MSFS is prettier.

Subjective comment and irrelevant to this discussion. No more mention of the other sim please.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Having all he FSLabs Airbuses, just looking at the flight-deck makes me not want to use them at all. With V2-B1, the experience with Fenix is overall much more satisfying.

As for Concorde, I have purchased it due to the MSFS discount. Unfortunately I will have to bear with P3D until that version comes out. 

🙂

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Subjective comment and irrelevant to this discussion. No more mention of the other sim please.

It's even written in italic, Ray. I was being a bit ironic/sarcastic....

Edited by Juliet Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

26 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

It's even written in italic, Ray. I was being a bit ironic/sarcastic....

It didn't come across as ironic. Maybe if we were face-to-face. :wink:

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Ray do not comment as he is already very very busy 🙂

I am. Having seen the recommended specs for Concorde I've now bitten the bullet and am now negotiating a deal with Chillblast in the UK for a new computer.

I've purchased Concorde even though it won't be installed until the new PC arrives. The $20 discount for early purchasers was very welcome.

And it appears all aircraft operations are under the control of the Virtual Co-Pilot and Virtual Flight Engineer for now so once you've loaded your plan just sit back and watch everything happen until you need to start the taxi.

It's a very different process to the 32-bit version in the planning and aircraft configuration area.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The Concord has been growing on me. Got it back in the day for, what, P3D v3? Can't really remember (was it v4 or v5 that went 64 bit...?). It is a beast of its own and a piece of aviation history that we probably never will achieve again. I remember flying it several times but never really got the hang of it. Doing three peoples work didn't exactly help either. 

I do believe I'll end up getting this sooner or later (probably sooner as I suffer from a bad case of 'get-addon-itis' 🤪)

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

51 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

The Concord has been growing on me. Got it back in the day for, what, P3D v3? Can't really remember (was it v4 or v5 that went 64 bit...?). It is a beast of its own and a piece of aviation history that we probably never will achieve again. I remember flying it several times but never really got the hang of it. Doing three peoples work didn't exactly help either. 

I do believe I'll end up getting this sooner or later (probably sooner as I suffer from a bad case of 'get-addon-itis' 🤪)

The new Concord :

https://www.thenationalnews.com/business/aviation/2022/08/18/boom-supersonic-overture-all-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-concorde/

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

58 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

I still fly Concorde in P3D v3. Managing fuel as well as flying it is very satisfying. Yes, it takes time to learn but there’s no upper age limit on learning. I was mid 60s at the time and still able to cope.

You can enable everything for the VFE or not depending on your skill level. The new one has a lot of automated control which has frustrated experienced users but it’s done for good reason as the planning process is very different to v3.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Having seen the recommended specs for Concorde

6500 points for GPU - bar is not set very high i would say

Graphics Card: Minimum 5000, Recommended 6500 Passmark GPU Mark Score

Artur