Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Fenix Update Released

From Discord;

Hey @everyone, a new update is now available via the Fenix App - in this one, from an FM perspective, we’ve further refined the flare phase, taken a smidge of float out during landing, rectified the flap 3 drag situation, and sorted out the nose smashing down on landing instantly. Avionics wise, a few fixes here and there, mostly targeted at polishing VNAV, and fixing certain restrictions being improperly parsed by the aircraft. We’ve also fixed high CPU usage across both Fenix bootstrapper, and the Fenix app itself - thanks to the reports sent in by affected customers, along with nabbing several crash fixes for better stability, and picking off some irritating bugs in the panel state selection process. The art team has thrown in several fixes of their own based on customer feedback, which you can view in the changelog below, and some further sound improvements. Oh, also, Saturn V mode was disabled during rotation. Sorry bout that. Enjoy A320 CFM V1.5.2.214

[SYSTEM]

Adjusted G/A trigger

Fixed high altitude speed constraint reported with LIRF approach

Several crash fixes

Fixed panel state issues with unable to start engines without cycling master levers

Fixed DES engagement from cruise equal to ALT CST, dist to dest must be < 200nm (reported on one of the KPHX arrivals from FL340)

Fixed G/A on wrong flaps conf target

Fixed MANUAL leg's termination is not used as map ref point in plan mode

Fixed speed/altitude constraints missing criteria

Corrected restricting speed constraints below ECON on DES

Corrected not restricting speed constraints above ECON on DES

Improved ALT* in DES

Made LVLCH in DES mode more aggressive

Reprioritised below profile and overspeed relationship

Fixed occasional inccorect TOD placement over LNAV path

Fixed routing after discontinuity+manual leg when inserting SID/STAR/VIAs

High altitude speed constraints should appear in mach and be satisfied/ignored as such

Unrestrictive speed constraints are ignored, the actual speed displayed on that waypoint including (SPD LIM)

Added +/- is not allowed with speed constraint entry in MCDU -> FORMAT ERROR

Allow empty CSTR value

Fixed reversed L/DEV

[FBW & AUTOFLIGHT]

Retuned alpha protection to prevent oscillations

Fixed blending bug in FLARE to GROUND MODE preventing correct blend being applied

Adjusted FLARE MODE to GROUND MODE transition logic

Adjusted FLARE MODE nose down controller with corrected data type

Adjusted FLARE MODE sidestick input Nz feedback

Adjusted spoiler deployment profile

Adjusted elevator input Nz data processing during post-touchdown to fix nose-down smashing

[FLIGHT MODEL]

Adjusted Flap 3 drag values

Adjusted rotation weight/feel for greater weight

[ART & SOUND]

Fixed overly bright cockpit in some scenarios

Added SPEED BRAKE text on pedestal

Fixed wind sound disappearing in cruise (who knew TAS could go above 500)

Cockpit wind noise in high mach cruise improved

Fixed N2 whine and buzzsaw LP bug (engines should sound better in cockpit & cabin now)

Improved initial spool (20-50N1) sounds and balancing

Fixed stereo width on AEVC and cockpit pack samples

Taxiing sounds improved

Nosewheel on runway lights sound improved

Contactors improved (more to come in B2)

Y elec pump volume adjusted

Fuel pumps volume and balance adjusted

//

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 32
  • Upvote 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

At work just watching 737NG Driver on Youtube, it flared like a ballooned potato still.  Disappointing.

Thomas Derbyshire

5 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

At work just watching 737NG Driver on Youtube, it flared like a ballooned potato still.  Disappointing.

Still comparing it to a 330 on Rotation. Comical really. Watch V1 when he streams better understanding then.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Just watched it; the Vapp advised by FMC is 139kts, the Airbus pilot starts flairing with 150kts and pulling idle after flairing. You would expect it to float in that situation

Edited by bigifooti
typo
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

And 737 NG Pilot has just released a review video:

New Fenix A320 Update Released! Rotation, Flaps & Flare | Let's take it for a spin - YouTube

Will test it later at home but yesterday after spending some time adjusting my T16000 in MFS I found what I would call a sweetspot and was able to manually fly it with pleasure.

Will be particularly interested in the FLAP3 drag as well as the rotation and flare phases.

Edited by jcomm
Changing view....
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Flare physics notwithstanding, I like the new engine sound changes.

On a personal note, I feel the FM won't be stellar without both the new engine model and MSFS2024 FM changes, so I'm willing to overlook a thing or two.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

It would be nice if Fenix wouldn't delete all the entries in the exe.xml file when installing an update.

Remember to make a backup before installing the update.

13 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Flare physics notwithstanding, I like the new engine sound changes.

On a personal note, I feel the FM won't be stellar without both the new engine model and MSFS2024 FM changes, so I'm willing to overlook a thing or two.

PMDG flies like a dream though in my opinion so not sure about that.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

17 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

It would be nice if Fenix wouldn't delete all the entries in the exe.xml file when installing an update.

Remember to make a backup before installing the update.

This has happened to me every time. I have not made any changes to my exe.eml. Only the installers of FSUIPC, etc, etc make changes to it. I put in a support ticket. Here is what they came up with. 

The dev in question has come back to me to confirm the original exe.xml file you provided to us is completely and utterly cooked. 
The was not valid xml and the installer has somehow corrupted it completely when trying to add the fenix entry, causing it to die. 
There doesn't seem to be anything that can be done now for it - but I've asked our dev to ensure this wont happen for other users in future updates. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Also if the plane has trouble in the flare and landing then everything else really doesn’t matter.  Not sure about everyone else but the landing phase is the part I enjoy the most!!

Thomas Derbyshire

I would suggest trying out the update yourself and not basing your opinions on youtubers rushing to release videos 30 minutes after addon update. 🙂

• Like 20
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

PMDG flies like a dream though in my opinion so not sure about that.

To be fair, PMDG has made necessary compromises. Don't forget one of their most recent updates was to choose between proper at altitude re-start behavior or proper low rpm engine spool behavior "to compensate for platform deficiency."

PMDG has a far smoother and predictable experience, but to say the FM isn't being held back by sim limitations is I think an intentional bit of dishonesty. Surely you can imagine the massive patch that will come out after the release of 2024 bringing the 737 up to date with new technologies, including the new ground fiction model and new center of lift / etc changes? Would such a thing be necessary if the current offering were fully authentic?

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I will say this much. The flap 3 pitch attitude is incorrect. But, I feel strongly about his comments with "this is not how an Airbus flares", because he actually demonstrated, almost perfectly, the FLARE mode in an A320, doing exactly what it's supposed to do - and the fact that we haven't taken any shortcuts with building it, and it's as dynamic as the real aircraft.

In his video, he approaches 50ft with 1 degree of pitch. At 50ft, the THS is frozen, and the aircraft takes a "snapshot" of the pitch attitude. It has now memorised 1 degree.

Then, it does some math. It sits there and works out, "I need to go from this memorised, reference pitch, to -2 degrees, over 8 seconds". What does that work out to, class? It's a delta of 3 degrees. Over 8 seconds. That's 0.375 degrees a second.

0.375 degrees a second is nothing basically. And you can see it, after he floats. It's suuuuuuper gentle and the nose is just _creeping_ down. 

Now try again at 6 degrees of reference pitch. That'll give you 1 degree/s of nose down input. It will come down faster. 

The airbus isn't stupid. If you're approaching flat, it's not going to force you to land on the nose gear with some "predefined" nose down input of 1-2 degrees/s. You'll end up in a crash. It's smarter than that. 

• Like 33
  • Upvote 2

Aamir Thacker

16 minutes ago, Kerrow42 said:

I would suggest trying out the update yourself and not basing your opinions on youtubers rushing to release videos 30 minutes after addon update. 🙂

Who aren't typed on the 320.....

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Who aren't typed on the 320.....

V1 is doing a video in a hour or 2. I will wait on his opinion. Maybe Blackbox too in a few days you know Pilots that are cert on the A320. This is why 737 youtubers  (Flightdeck2sim) does reviews on stuff they are certified for and not pretend to know it all on something they never flew in the RW. This NG guy is all in for the clickbait.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1