Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Fenix Update Released

13 minutes ago, evaamo said:

I wish PMDG would do the same, but seeing the snarky responses posted by RSR about it, I don't think we'll see anything like it anytime soon.

Yeah, it’s a pity. Seems to be a really touchy subject for RSR though….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Did you all install over the existing .200 version or clean install with .214? 

There was NEVER a reason to do a clean install. Modern installers do all the work for you. 

10 minutes ago, Farlis said:

There was NEVER a reason to do a clean install. Modern installers do all the work for you. 

I only asked because Fenix required a clean install with the last update. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

I tend to follow the developers recommendation rather than a forum expert. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

They did not. Developers keep on recommending this because it makes their lives easier if something goes wrong and they have to troubleshoot. But it is not, and never was necessary.

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Amir please add basic WX radar. You can add it like Just Flight in F-28 did -  don't even need mention  it as feature and pretend it doesn't work. But when some of us flip radar switch we will see some echo return 🙂 I mean you have one of the best EFB, windshield vipers that actually wipe why not to throw us a "bone" ? LOL

It's not happening without a change to the base sim and they've explained this a hundred times. Dave from Fenix even clarified on their discord that the information from the API is not even available to the type of display they use so it's literally not possible.

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tend to follow the developers recommendation rather than a forum expert. 

What is strange is Fenix made no recommendation this time to clean install. The question was asked in Discord by other users but none of the Devs answered the question from my search. Only replies were from other users stating it was ok to just update.

Note: I did another search and Dave who seems to be a web admin on the channel says either should be fine. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

42 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

It's not happening without a change to the base sim and they've explained this a hundred times. Dave from Fenix even clarified on their discord that the information from the API is not even available to the type of display they use so it's literally not possible.

spacer.png

Leonardo nicely integrated it with their system. Perhaps there is way

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

6 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Leonardo nicely integrated it with their system. Perhaps there is way

I'm going to assume that the way they differ in coding is pretty substantial and as Amir mentioned, it would be no easy task. It's pretty easy to see why it doesn't make sense at this time because even if they could give a rudimental way to display the radar, like Leonardo does, it would still take them way too much time and resources to do so. I do agree with you, though. It would be nice to have something. Last night I flew the Asobo 747 from KLAX to KRNO and it was nice to have a visual representation of the weather, albeit -- quite a rough picture of it.

Edited by Bdub22

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

What is strange is Fenix made no recommendation this time to clean install. The question was asked in Discord by other users but none of the Devs answered the question from my search. Only replies were from other users stating it was ok to just update.

Note: I did another search and Dave who seems to be a web admin on the channel says either should be fine. 

One of the devs said you don't need to do a clean install.  I did do a re-boot, however, along with a Nvidia driver update.  Last flight I had a weird thing with the RWYs not switching after selecting them in the MCDU.  Trying now to see if it was just a one-off and not an actual bug.

*EDIT*  Looks like it's just with the BRUSR1 in PHX.  I think it might be a navdata issue, not a FNX issue.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

As far as Emi goes, he certainly has a lot of time to make videos when transitioning from a 737 to an A330. The amount of training even to even be a relief wide body pilot takes many many hours of training and it's very tiresome. The last thing you'd want to do is make videos after a full day of studying and sim training. I think he's full of it. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Tony Fontaine

5 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Amir please add basic WX radar. You can add it like Just Flight in F-28 did -  don't even need mention  it as feature and pretend it doesn't work. But when some of us flip radar switch we will see some echo return 🙂 I mean you have one of the best EFB, windshield vipers that actually wipe why not to throw us a "bone" ? LOL

someone asked about this on their discord and the answer given was that they cannot implement the ASOBO "weather radar" because the type of gauge being used in the Fenix Airbus is not compatible with the default weather radar. Seems a bit odd to me but I am not a developer....

1 hour ago, CaptBillyBob said:

As far as Emi goes, he certainly has a lot of time to make videos when transitioning from a 737 to an A330. The amount of training even to even be a relief wide body pilot takes many many hours of training and it's very tiresome. The last thing you'd want to do is make videos after a full day of studying and sim training. I think he's full of it. 

a possible answer to this is that he has time on his hand because he is waiting to start IOE (assuming he recently finished his type rating). The wait at my airline from training to IOE is currently close to 2 months.. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

we have an actual airline pilot who actually enjoys the fs hobby and shares it with the world and what we get here at avsim is a bunch of fs cosplay bros who upvote each other's whining and snarky comments.  sad.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

25 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

we have an actual airline pilot who actually enjoys the fs hobby and shares it with the world and what we get here at avsim is a bunch of fs cosplay bros who upvote each other's whining and snarky comments.  sad.

This is nothing new RW pilots have been sharing their passion for FS since FSX on YT and Twitch channels. There is a certain one that just jumped on the scene since 2020 with a somewhat agenda. Get on the bandwangon you want but I'm not impressed.

• Like 1