Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

RW Profiles GSX profiles will disappear from fs.to Sept 1

Because MichaelWimma (RW Profiles) is  leaving flightsim.to on September 1st. He has tens of thousands of karma at flightsim.to.

https://flightsim.to/profile/MichaelWimma

His home page: 

More info here: https://www.rwprofiles.com

youtube video about the feud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN2Wx242bus

You may want to download them at fs.to while you still can.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I understand everybody who is turning his back on fs.to these days. 

They completedly ruined their site with the new layout. 

Before the change I visited the site almost daily to see what's new or updated and browse around.

Now I don't find anything interesting there any more. Some nice features are gone. Even the search function is broken (for example "182" doesn't find what is called "C182").

Now I only visit fs.to from time to time when I look for something specific - most of the time I don't find anymore what I am looking for. I rather do a Google search now than visit fs.to.

It really is a shame what they did to their site. It was fantastic before. 

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

RWProfiles is pw protected... while I understand such moves, it is certainly not helpful for the community...

• Like 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Even the search function is broken (for example "182" doesn't find what is called "C182").

Out of curiosity, I tried that and it worked perfectly:

qrEH6kw.jpg

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

Out of curiosity, I tried that and it worked perfectly:

qrEH6kw.jpg

No, it did not. It does not show any results containing C182 or 182T or 182RG. All these are missing.

Try searching for "C182" and you will get search results not included in your above results. 

Then try C182RG and you will get even more results that did not show up before. 

Previously - and with any decent search engine - you would get all these results with just "182".

Edited by RALF9636

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

RWProfiles is pw protected... while I understand such moves, it is certainly not helpful for the community...

The statement is at: https://www.rwprofiles.com/post/rw-profiles-severing-ties-with-flightsim-to

You can also read the FSElite article about it at: https://fselite.net/content/rw-profiles-has-cut-ties-with-flightsim-to-and-removing-all-downloads/

Then FlightSim.to also released a statement via FSElite at: https://fselite.net/content/flightsim-to-clarifies-situation-with-website-feedback-creators-program-and-more/

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

@RALF9636 Okay. You only mentioned C182 in your first post. I just tried 182RG, and it came up with three results, and 182T came up with a full page of them. They are all lumped under the broad Cessna 182 category, so it looks like you have to specify the sub-type  ( i.e. RG and T etc) when you make the initial search. Works for me.

Edited by Paul K

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

@RALF9636 Okay. You only mentioned C182 in your first post. I just tried 182RG, and it came up with three results, and 182T came up with a full page of them. They are all lumped under the broad Cessna 182 category, so it looks like you have to specify the sub-type  ( i.e. RG and T etc) when you make the initial search. Works for me.

It is not just about subtypes. It depends on how the modder called his mod. C182, C 182, C182RG, C182 RG, C 182 RG, Cessna 182RG, Cessna 182 RG... You need several slightly varied search terms to find each of these mods, instead of just "182" which brought up all these results at once previously (just like Google would). Actually this reminds me of some search engines of the early 2000s... 

This is just one of several nuisances of the current fs.to.

Having defended fs.to in that ToS drama a few months ago, now I completely agree with what RW profiles said about them:

We are deeply saddened by the fact that this site has developed from a site we used to love, enjoyed using, and upload something to, into a site that is completely disconnected from its users and creators.   ... Without this paid subscription, in our opinion, the site has become more and more unusable because the sheer number of ads you get these days is something we cannot live with. We do not want users having to click through what feels like 15 ads before they can download one of our – or any other – mod(s). ... However, with recent changes made to the GSX Profile category, and every single thumbnail being replaced by a generic one, all of that without even letting creators know, flightsim.to has proved that they simply do not care about our opinion. We do not appreciate a site, which lives from people like us, the creators, altering the appearance of our products without our consent (and/or without even notifying us). Although this change has been reverted by now, we feel that flightsim.to’s decisions are all over the place, we have lost any trust in the platform, and we do not agree with the direction the site is heading into.

Had fs.to looked from the beginning like it does now, I wouldn't have even considered bookmarking it in the first place.

Edited by RALF9636

I do agree that the old FS.to was better, and they broke what was already fixed. I'm getting to grips with the new format simply because I have to - and I wish I didn't have to.

• Like 2

I agree about the non-subscription ad density. While advertising provides the revenue needed, it seems excessive.

6 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

However, with recent changes made to the GSX Profile category, and every single thumbnail being replaced by a generic one,

Definitely not the case, each of their profiles have an individual thumbnail ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

6 hours ago, Danno said:

I agree about the non-subscription ad density. While advertising provides the revenue needed, it seems excessive.

Use an ad blocker, that's what they are for. I don't have a subscription and don't see any ads.

• Like 5

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

44 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Definitely not the case, each of their profiles have an individual thumbnail ...

It was fixed shortly after that post went up.

6 hours ago, Danno said:

I'm using uBlock Origin addon for Chrome on the site and it works fine, it even speeds up the file download countdown.3

7 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

It is not just about subtypes. It depends on how the modder called his mod. C182, C 182, C182RG, C182 RG, C 182 RG, Cessna 182RG, Cessna 182 RG... You need several slightly varied search terms to find each of these mods, instead of just "182" which brought up all these results at once previously (just like Google would). Actually this reminds me of some search engines of the early 2000s... 

This is just one of several nuisances of the current fs.to.

On the flip side, I find it a lot easier to search for GSX profiles now.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

From the RW profiles discord 

Regarding a new distribution platform 

We have a solution! Verbal agreement has been reached. Contract to be signed in due course. Proper announcement on Friday! (September 1)

Just wanted to let you know we actually have a solution now which we are super happy about! Can‘t tell you more due to contact reasons, but please bare with us till Friday and we will let you know what ace we have up our sleeve. 😄

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

RW Profiles hypocrites, they just want to make money for themselves, now if you want their profiles you will have to pay them via Patron, so yeah whatever RW Profiles they do not care about the end user anymore then anyone else so called pseudo "freeware: developer. Great excuse the site is not good to navigate, what a bunch of bologna ! RW Profiles just be honest say you want to go pay ware and that is that instead of blaming it on flightsim.to again RW Profiles hypocrites !