Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Potential improvements for sky colors

12 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Now at 288.
Just need another 66 votes to make it into 48th place on the lifetime wishlist and also onto the weekly MSFS Development Update graphic.

At least one of the Community Managers could acknowledge having digested this and informed the devs. Only Speed1994 as a Forum Manager provided a positive feedback, but (I think) forum managers as volunteers don't have direct contacts to the devs.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 hours ago, pmb said:

At least one of the Community Managers could acknowledge having digested this and informed the devs.

Done!

spacer.png

• Like 6

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

yes, please VOTE ON THIS.... 

make MSFS real for once, and stop with these DISNEY looking sky....

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Done!

spacer.png

Thank you. This doesn't guarantee anything (obvisouly) but is the best we could achieve at this point.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

14 hours ago, Redge said:

I may have to give XP12 a try what with the atmospherics

about the only reason I sometimes fire up XP12, but it has too many other issues like horrible clouds. Biology's approach would be a real godsend for MSFS/2024 and would make the other sim finally obsolete for me.

voted, now 353

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

It's just funny how the truth comes out. I used to think MSFS was fine the way it depicted things until I decided to test sunsets in various conditions and in all sorts of locations. Amazing golden hour every time.... Clearly something was off. So certain people who use a certain sim have been talking this whole time like this was down to the brilliance of the devs of their sim and it haing a superior lighting model and so on. Turns out they were just alerted by @Biology and chose to take his advice....

Well, I do hope Asobo are smart enough to do the same.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Wq22FlW.jpg

Well would you look at that lol today just happens to have one of those MSFS sunsets where I live in the Caribbean. The conditions were right for it.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Wq22FlW.jpg

Well would you look at that lol today just happens to have one of those MSFS sunsets where I live in the Caribbean. The conditions were right for it.

Yup, purple sunsets are certainly a thing IRL. It's just that they require specific conditions such as the sunlight constantly bouncing between clouds around the ozone layer or being interrupted by clouds at a long distance even before reaching the surrounding area. But most of the time blue sunsets dominate as the required conditions for a purple sunset are somewhat rare. Either case the MSFS and other simulators having purple sunsets was partly just a coincidence rather than an intentional art choice.

Edited by Biology
  • Like 2

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

13 minutes ago, Biology said:

Yup, purple sunsets are certainly a thing IRL. It's just that they require specific conditions such as the sunlight constantly bouncing between clouds around the ozone layer or being interrupted by clouds at a long distance even before reaching the surrounding area. But most of the time blue sunsets dominate as the required conditions for a purple sunset are somewhat unlikely. Either case the MSFS and other simulators having purple sunsets was partly just a coincidence rather than an intentional art choice.

Yeah they happen from time to time over here and mostly at the end of rainy days like the one we had today. When it happens, people take notice and we share photos online. Definitely not a common occurrence lol

BTW, an admin on the biggest FB group finally approved my post. Expect a big wave of votes

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

Well would you look at that lol today just happens to have one of those MSFS sunsets where I live in the Caribbean on Mars. The conditions were right for it.

👽
Not like that here on planet Earth 🙃

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

Well, I do hope Asobo are smart enough to do the same.

So do 371 others!

As someone pointed out in the MSFS thread, it seems to be such low-hanging fruit for Asobo.
@Biology's recommendations create a more realistic environment, which is what we are all hoping for.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

HI!

Great request to everyone, publicize the topic wherever possible and persuade everyone to vote ... there are still few votes ... after all, there are a lot of us who want this simulator to finally look real as it can

Brds to all

Once again guys (and pls take the advice this time) don't take the bait...

27 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Once again guys (and pls take the advice this time) don't take the bait...

What bait are you seeing (this time)?

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Does anybody knows can this be done by Asobo/MS "under the hood", that is us not knowing it? Or does this require some kind of sim update? Just general curiosity... 

Tapani Österberg

35 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

What bait are you seeing (this time)?

Looks like one of the mods hid the post, which is good.