Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Potential improvements for sky colors

Amazing work Biology! 🤩This looks fantastic! Very convincing its much closer to the real world light scattering effects!
I hope it will find its way into the standard MSFS!

• Like 1

Beware folks! He's a clever guy. You'll soon be asked for donations to buy him a new computer because he's in poverty in Eastern Europe  and his old one is broken and without your help he can't bring this project to fruition. Then having donated, you'll then have to pay again for the product which doesn't work. I've got the tee shirt.

Edited by jarmstro

25 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Beware folks! He's a clever guy. You'll soon be asked for donations to buy him a new computer because he's in poverty in Eastern Europe  and his old one is broken and without your help he can't bring this project to fruition. Then having donated, you'll then have to pay again for the product which doesn't work. I've got the tee shirt.

Biology is well known in the P3D and XP communities. Maybe don’t post if you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

This all sounds very technical and incredible at the same time, good luck getting through too and conversing with Asobo though, a couple of VR Modders/Experts tried and failed to get their ideas & software across, other modders of excellent freeware have also gone ignored in their attempts to "help" out so to speak.
I can appreciate Asobo want to do things their own way of course, so don't be bummed if you get 1000+ votes and nothing happens especially as they may of locked in features/design choices for MSFS2024 by now, best of luck @Biology

• Like 5

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, chapstick said:

Biology is well known in the P3D and XP communities. Maybe don’t post if you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

This is not the first time he does this, the best thing to do is to not give him any attention.

He's creating a story about what happened by (likely intentionally) mixing completely unrelated things. As Enhanced Cloudscapes was my first ever OpenGL project, I had decided to make it is a freeware product and like most other freeware projects in existence, I had a donation link up for it.

After releasing initial versions of EC was out my computer died in a spectacular way (PSU failure) and I mentioned that the development was halted indefinitely as I didn't know the extent of the damage and whether the drive containing the code was damaged or not. There were a few people who offered donations, but I said that I don't need any and I can afford the replacement PC myself. Indeed I paid for the replacement parts myself and continued working for EC for a long while, without having the idea of developing a payware product long after EC development was finished. And I never said that I'm in poverty and I'm not even in Eastern Europe, so I have no idea where he is getting that from.

Long after releasing EC, I decided to create a new volumetric cloud rendering add-on with a physically based sky from scratch and Enhanced Skyscapes was born. As I was now a lot more experienced in computer graphics, I decided to make this new project payware. And mind you, when I made EC, I didn't even have the idea of making a new payware add-on, again it was long after EC development was finished.

Despite me having no moral requirement to make ES a freeware as well as it was a new project I developed from scratch, despite me giving free copies of Enhanced Skyscapes to everyone who donated to Enhanced Cloudscapes and despite removing the donation links before ES was released, he seems to have an issue with me making ES a payware project. At first I thought he was just misunderstanding, but his behavior is really bordering on deliberate. Either case, I'd be really appreciated if he doesn't turn this thread into a drama thread as my other work for other simulators are completely irrelevant here.

Edited by Biology
  • Like 16

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

9 minutes ago, Biology said:

He's creating a story about what happened by (likely intentionally) mixing completely unrelated things. As Enhanced Cloudscapes was my first ever OpenGL project, I had decided to make it is a freeware product and like most other freeware projects in existence, I had a donation link up for it.

How dare you earn some income for all your hard work!  (sarcasm of course!)

Even in this post covid age, where almost all goods and services now cost even more, somehow, MSFS users think addons should cost less!  And my oh my if you have to pay for an addon....  oh boy!

Anyway - let's hope Asobo reads your messages, you've certainly done your homework.

• Like 8

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On good news - I finally got the Member status and created a wishlist thread: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/replace-the-atmosphere-parameters-with-more-accurate-ones-from-arpc/607603

Sadly I can't edit the main thread to include it so I hope it doesn't get lost.

Edited by Biology
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

It's great to see someone really digging into the whole atmospheric visual mechanism in MSFS, great job! That's one area that I'm really not satisfied with, and it really is a problem of a green color shift in the whole sim. My suspicion is it may have to do with an environmental mapping texture, much like we had in FSX and P3D. I've seen screenshots of aircraft sitting on tarmac at an airport, and has horrid green reflections on the underside as if they were sitting on grass. But it's pervasive through the sim, as I take screenshots into Photoshop to do a color correction pass, and it always eliminates the green cast. Some of the ReShade settings available on fs.to also do the same thing, but I can't use them since I bought the sim from the store, not Steam. I'm really surprised no one at Asobo has touched on this yet. I think if you are in the visual arts it's pretty obvious.

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

His display picture is so appropriate.

Anyway, good stuff Biology, the sky colour abs scattering needs big work in msfs. Keep it up!

Edited by Ridvan Celik

44 minutes ago, Biology said:

On good news - I finally got the Member status and created a wishlist thread: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/replace-the-atmosphere-parameters-with-more-accurate-ones-from-arpc/607603

Sadly I can't edit the main thread to include it so I hope it doesn't get lost.

Voting and adding a quick supportive comment will help keep the topic visible near the top. Avsimmers, assemble!

Edited by scotchegg
  • Like 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Voted up too... Keep the Great Work @Biology !

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Good start! I haven’t seen many wishlist items get 54 votes in their first hour:)

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

51 votes now after mine. Impressive for the short run.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 minute ago, scotchegg said:

Good start! I haven’t seen many wishlist items get 54 votes in their first hour:)

I can't beat the dynamics.😉

Best, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11