Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Potential improvements for sky colors

1 minute ago, turbomax said:

v1.3.0: you can now use a slider to change values while in-game. 😊

I know, devs don't like to spend time on user interface and docs.

Already uploaded?

André

1 minute ago, virtualstuff said:

Already uploaded?

No, he is just wishing.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

6 minutes ago, turbomax said:

v1.3.0: you can now use a slider to change values while in-game. 😊

I know, devs don't like to spend time on user interface and docs.

I feel like it would be a waste of time implementing it, since Asobo will probably make this whole thing obsolete anyway 😄

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Drunq said:

I feel like it would be a waste of time implementing it, since Asobo will probably make this whole thing obsolete anyway 😄

last week's staff meeting:

Seb to Martial: "Oui, je crois que ... we can skip this sky color update, it would be be a waste of time implementing it, since Drunq has made our whole plans obsolete anyway."

Martial: "oh la la, c'est cool, vraiment"   🍷

😊

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

7 minutes ago, turbomax said:

last week's staff meeting:

Seb to Martial: "Oui, je crois que ... we can skip this sky color update, it would be be a waste of time implementing it, since Drunq has made our whole plans obsolete anyway."

Martial: "oh la la, c'est cool, vraiment"

😊

LOL.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

No, he is just wishing.

he was among the first when we only had the "hack it yourself" hex-editor approach if you remember, but after a 50 page thread I think many users here would definitely benefit from a user friendly version. I am confident the sliders are already finished at Asobo's  internal version for the next update. hopefully including less orange dusk/dawn clouds as well.

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 10/9/2023 at 1:48 PM, turbomax said:

why don't you try 1) or 3)

I have the correct size in both locations on my pc: 138 MB (145.006.592 bytes)

MS Store

• C:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content
  • C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

The only location with a non-zero FlightSimulator.exe file on my system is at C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe as you listed above, but when I try to paste in the 3 color mod files I get a message that the folder does not have enough room (I need 412 more KBs). I have not seen that particular error message before.

Perhaps that folder is protected somehow because the two search engines I tried to use to find the FlightSimulator.exe file did not come up with that location, but with just two other locations both in which the FlightSimulator.exe file has 0 bytes.

Al

Edited by ark

13 minutes ago, ark said:

when I try to paste in the 3 color mod files I get a message that the folder does not have enough room

I bet you that you are encountering some kind of protected folder.  Mine is in the same location as yours, albeit via a junction link.. but I was able to drop the files into that folder.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

32 minutes ago, ark said:

The only location with a non-zero FlightSimulator.exe file on my system is at C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe as you listed above, but when I try to paste in the 3 color mod files I get a message that the folder does not have enough room (I need 412 more KBs). I have not seen that particular error message before.

Perhaps that folder is protected somehow because the two search engines I tried to use to find the FlightSimulator.exe file did not come up with that location, but with just two other locations both in which the FlightSimulator.exe file has 0 bytes.

Al

Try this https://parallel42.com/blogs/wiki/converting-my-sim-install-from-legacy-to-modern. The XboxGames folder should then populate hopefully...

• Like 1

In case anyone hasn't seen, here are some good news: This week's MSFS development update is out and the wishlist status for ARPC went from "Under Investigation" to "Started (SU_14)" and the wishlist description says "Work is progressing. Looking good for SU_14."

• Like 9

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

7 minutes ago, Biology said:

In case anyone hasn't seen, here are some good news: This week's MSFS development update is out and the wishlist status for ARPC went from "Under Investigation" to "Started (SU_14)" and the wishlist description says "Work is progressing. Looking good for SU_14."

Nice. Any idea if they have a timeframe on SU14?

43 minutes ago, Drunq said:

Try this https://parallel42.com/blogs/wiki/converting-my-sim-install-from-legacy-to-modern. The XboxGames folder should then populate hopefully...

Thanks very much, all now working! I was able to add the color mod files to the FlightSimulator.exe folder location at C:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content.

I'm a bit confused on exactly what type of files got moved. I was concerned that some of the folders I frequently access, like the Community, OneStore and LocalCache folders would also get moved to somewhere, but apparently not.

Al

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drunq said:

Added live editing feature in v1.2.0. You now can experiment changing values while in-game.

Also improved the documentation/instructions to be a little more helpful.

19 minutes ago, ark said:

Thanks very much, all now working! I was able to add the color mod files to the FlightSimulator.exe folder location at C:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content.

I'm a bit confused on exactly what type of files got moved. I was concerned that some of the folders I frequently access, like the Community, OneStore and LocalCache folders would also get moved to somewhere, but apparently not.

Al

For all those who just downloaded v1.2.0, please update to v1.2.1. Just noticed there was a performance regression with that update that may cause increase in CPU usage for no good reason 😔.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biology said:

Considering you and the community have managed to do it with a few adjustments to numbers in the exe, I'm wondering what work exactly needs to 'progress' for such a long time. Are they doing something deeper?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea