Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Flightbeam SFO

33 minutes ago, JayViation said:

Perhaps it may be time for FlightBeam and FlyTampa to collaborate, or merge.  For the sake of development staff at least, it could speed up development without compromising quality.  Just a thought.

Won't work as it stands I'm afraid.

Despite being a team under the FlyTampa banner, AIUI, each FT developer works on their own scenery. Flightbeam is a one-person developer with Mir. Unless they all fundamentally want to change how they work to a collaborative model on only one project at a time, we would still see the years-long development times.

Edited by F737MAX
spelling

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

It's coming. Understandable that lots of assumptions are made since there's little info, and I apologize for that. This is by design due to competition. Also, I've stopped pumping out previews due to whiners a few months back complaining that the shots "looked finished" and the product should've been released. Literally every pre-release screenshot I've posted dating 10 years back "looks finished", that doesn't mean the product is finished.

FYI, SFO only went into full production earlier this year, April 2023. There was some side work being done on it from some contractors before that, but nothing serious. It hasn't been in production for years, despite some claims.

This KSFO version is nearly a complete re-build.. yes, that takes time with the quality level that is about to be delivered. It will release this year. KMSP is in pre-production and will take a fraction of that time since all the assets are already complete, and it's NOT a re-build like KSFO.

Edited by Mir // Flightbeam
  • Like 29

22 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

It's coming. Understandable that lots of assumptions are made since there's little info, and I apologize for that. This is by design due to competition. Also, I've stopped pumping out previews due to whiners a few months back complaining that the shots "looked finished" and the product should've been released. Literally every pre-release screenshot I've posted dating 10 years back "looks finished", that doesn't mean the product is finished.

FYI, SFO only went into full production earlier this year, April 2023. There was some side work being done on it from some contractors before that, but nothing serious. It hasn't been in production for years, despite some claims.

This KSFO version is nearly a complete re-build.. yes, that takes time with the quality level that is about to be delivered. It will release this year. KMSP is in pre-production and will take a fraction of that time since all the assets are already complete, and it's NOT a re-build like KSFO.

I'm waiting patiently. There are still plenty of sceneries to explore, so I'm awaiting SFO and MSP as deserts.  

11 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

SFO only went into full production earlier this year, April 2023.

@Mir // Flightbeam You had a 'First previews' post of KSFO on your site's news page very nearly a year ago.
Personally, I think the MSFS market is big enough to have two or even three versions of an airport, especially if you are one of those developers. So no need to 'slot sit' on a product and make it seem you are further along in development than you are. I think that just frustrates your customers instead.

Again, personally, I find a few updates to be better than none. Otherwise, you end up with what is happening with FlyTampa, which is at least one of their sceneries being abandoned because no-one externally has any clue as to how far along they are with any of their projects.

Appreciate the rough estimate of sometime this year for KSFO's release. I will be buying it when it becomes available.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 hours ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

KMSP is in pre-production and will take a fraction of that time since all the assets are already complete, and it's NOT a re-build like KSFO.

Yep we don't change much here in Minneapolis haha.  But I'm super stoked for FB LMAO!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Yep we don't change much here in Minneapolis haha.  But I'm super stoked for FB LMAO!

Excited for MSP as well! I've been missing it since p3d days. The stock scenery doesn't do the airport justice at all.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

11 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

Excited for MSP as well! I've been missing it since p3d days. The stock scenery doesn't do the airport justice at all.

I recommend the wip freeware version - it's a vast improvement over default:

https://flightsim.to/file/55840/minneapolis-st-paul-international-kmsp

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

I recommend the wip freeware version - it's a vast improvement over default:

https://flightsim.to/file/55840/minneapolis-st-paul-international-kmsp

As well at the nearby St Paul Downtown (KSTP) for us GA pilots, I believe from the same scenery creator!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

They did Duluth KDLH as well it's quite accurate.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I'll most likely hold out for the Flightbeam SFO version regardless because it's the only decent handcrafted airport in the sim in my opinion.

MSP on the other hand is so bad that I would cave in an buy the first payware version on day 1 from anyone and not think twice about paying again for the Flightbeam version whenever that comes along 

Edited by environmental_ice

18 hours ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Mir -- as always, I'm looking forward to whatever you develop.  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 2:28 PM, environmental_ice said:

MSP on the other hand is so bad that I would cave in an buy the first payware version on day 1 from anyone and not think twice about paying again for the Flightbeam version whenever that comes along 

A new screenshot has appeared on Facebook. I'll go check the fuel in the tanks.))

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

A new screenshot has appeared on Facebook. I'll go check the fuel in the tanks.))

spacer.png

who?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

12 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

KMSP by them interesting.  Their sceneries look fairly decent.  Not up to FB standards imo.  I've heard fps are a little rough or has that improved.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |