Sign in to follow this  
Saffa_Jake812

Sim Update 13 Beta Release Notes [1.34.15.0] - September 12

6 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

LOL, can't remember having ever read even one positive comment from you 😅

Who says I have to make positive comments here? 😄 FYI I do here and other places but the locals don't remember them 😉

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Their track record has produced an excellent flight simulator. 

Your post was whining about nothing in particular. The one ever so slightly positive comment, was seemingly made under duress.

He wasn't whining. Your post however was just whining at him! Scroll on by if you don';t like it when someone criticises the sim. 

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

You can blame MS/Asobo for that with their track record 😂 

Of course I'm thankful for any update, but I'm not here to pat backs and kiss bare behinds when bugs from 3 years ago are still not fixed 😉

Go fly something else, you know the choices.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

54 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

Let me know which Flight Simulator had so many updates and support by listening customer wishes as MSFS during those 3 years. Of course there are bugs, and they will do exist even on 2024 release.

I know another simulator that has has decades of updates, all by the same developer. Who listen, albeit slowly, to their customer base. 

The point is, some of the bugs shouldn't be there anymore, they should have been fixed or at least attempted to have been fixed. 

Yes we know, Asobo have done a fantastic job with this simulator. However they've also fallen over quite a few times. Do they really listen? I for one am skeptical. 

And will they continue to support MSFS whilst 2024 its on the incoming path? Probably yes. Will they enhance what we have? Why would they? You can go buy 2024 for new features and enhancements. 

Me personally? I am not bothered about having to pay again for 2024, I would quite happily pay them monthly or yearly to use the sim. But I can understand why it annoys some people. But don't make it out like Asobo are the be all and end all. They are not. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Thats a silly response and you know it. You're completely missing the point. 

7 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Why? I love flying in MSFS, I wouldn't have hundreds of hours nor would I be here if I didn't love  the Sim 🙂

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

Looks like they're wrapping this up ready for release, generally a disappointing update overall

Depends on who you ask, there's a lot of really interesting features for devs. Also not to mention the absolute plethora of fixes. I'm not really sure what dissapointing here, we can't always have new fancy features every SU, sometimes things need fixing.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

Depends on who you ask, there's a lot of really interesting features for devs. Also not to mention the absolute plethora of fixes. I'm not really sure what dissapointing here, we can't always have new fancy features every SU, sometimes things need fixing.

Yes fair point there's good stuff for Devs, in looking at this from purely a users perspective and that's my point, there's years old bugs still not fixed yet they've fixed bugs in this update with barely any votes on the official forum.

Their bug fixing priorities seem to be very hap hazard, like they throw a dart and that decides what they fix.

51 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Who says I have to make positive comments here? 😄 

Who is a trouble maker. What's on second. I Don't Know is third baseman!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

25 minutes ago, MarcG said:

there's years old bugs still not fixed yet they've fixed bugs in this update with barely any votes on the official forum

I can agree with your point here and I'm not excusing Asobo here though sometimes they can be working on fixing a bug, but it just takes longer than more quick fixes. Not saying some bugs takes years to fix, but it might explain why lower priority bugs are fixed, they're just a lot easier to get through the door.

• Like 3

I just wish people would stop jumping on each other for having an opinion, whether it is negative or positive.

@scotchegg  I tried DX12 last night without an issue. 
Performance seemed to be the same as DX11, within the limitations of measuring it properly (limited to 60 FPS due to monitor - not a bad limit for 4k though!).  It was certainly as smooth as DX11. To be honest, I wondered if I was in DX12, it might as well have been DX11, but I escaped out to the options menu just to check it had changed over.

Interestingly, I did my best to look for the missing texture issue at airports in DX12, and I couldn't see it. 
I tried Aspen, Telluride, Big Bear - no missing tiles in outside view at the end of the runways.
I am not saying they have fixed it. 

I noticed I couldn't select Frame Generation as I had forgotten I turned off HAGS for some reason, but it was definitely DX12 because I tried FSR to compare it to TAA also.  The performance was about the same, but there was a bit of shimmer in FSR (edges of flat screens etc.).

For me, I am sticking with the DLSS quality setting, as my GPU runs a lot cooler / quieter. 
With DLSS, I don't notice the slightly fuzzy flat screens any more at 4k and a bit of sharpening added; I think I have just gotten used to it and it is not a problem for me.
Probably the Tobii eye head tracker helps as well as I just lean in a bit if I need to, but the screens on the PMDG B737-600 for instance were perfectly readable from the normal seating position.  When turning in the taxi (say 90 degrees to join a taxiway) it is the smoothest I have seen the PMDG.  The scenery moved sideways without  a skip - it almost seems too smooth!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The FSP and smoothness of the sim is now very,very good. If they can keep it this good over the next updates I will be happy.

I am running on a i9900K + RTX3800TI and with PMDG 737, Ultra Setting with LOD = 100 + Real Weather + FSLTL.

FPS is in the 50 -30 on 4K all the time with DX12. Super smooth now, never has this smoothness before.

I now only miss proper flight dynamics, improved ground handling, ATC, AI Traffic and Multi-View/Monitor support. 

Edited by andymandy

The FSP and smoothness of the sim is now very,very good. If they can keep it this good over the next updates I will be happy.

I am running on a i9900K + RTX3800TI and with PMDG 737, Ultra Setting with LOD = 100 + Real Weather + FSLTL.

FPS is in the 50 -30 on 4K all the time. Super smooth.

I now only miss proper flight dynamics, ground handling, ATC, AI Traffic and Multi-View/Monitor support. 

Edited by andymandy

28 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Interestingly, I did my best to look for the missing texture issue at airports in DX12, and I couldn't see it. 

I have never seen it, even in drone view... 🙂 I thought maybe it was because I have 24 GB of VRAM.

I am glad that the issue is improving for everyone.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png