Sign in to follow this  
Saffa_Jake812

Sim Update 13 Beta Release Notes [1.34.15.0] - September 12

Looks like they're wrapping this up ready for release, generally a disappointing update overall which no doubt they'll use the "well it's holiday season and all the staff were on the beach" excuse, more like AAU2.5  which is cool but at least they finally fixed the white dot nonsense so I suppose that's something.

I just wonder if SU14 will actually be a thing, or if they change tactics and just go full on MSFS2024 and before anyone says "they said they'll continue to support this Sim" plans change folks and God only knows what goes on at Asobo, I doubt they know what they're doing half the time!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

19 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Looks like they're wrapping this up ready for release, generally a disappointing update overall which no doubt they'll use the "well it's holiday season and all the staff were on the beach" excuse, more like AAU2.5  which is cool but at least they finally fixed the white dot nonsense so I suppose that's something.

I just wonder if SU14 will actually be a thing, or if they change tactics and just go full on MSFS2024 and before anyone says "they said they'll continue to support this Sim" plans change folks and God only knows what goes on at Asobo, I doubt they know what they're doing half the time!

Good to see plenty of positivity.

• Like 14

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

10 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Good to see plenty of positivity.

You can blame MS/Asobo for that with their track record 😂 

Of course I'm thankful for any update, but I'm not here to pat backs and kiss bare behinds when bugs from 3 years ago are still not fixed 😉

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

12 minutes ago, MarcG said:

You can blame MS/Asobo for that with their track record 😂 

Of course I'm thankful for any update, but I'm not here to pat backs and kiss bare behinds when bugs from 3 years ago are still not fixed 😉

Positivity doesn't mean kiss a$$es... for example I criticize a lot here and in the official forums - hoping to stimulate and contribute to improvement - but I am very positive regarding the MSFS experience as a whole.

Remember what we had before MSFS release, and what we would still have in 2024 if it wasn't for MSFS.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

11 minutes ago, MarcG said:

You can blame MS/Asobo for that with their track record

Their track record has produced an excellent flight simulator. 

Your post was whining about nothing in particular. The one ever so slightly positive comment, was seemingly made under duress.

• Like 9

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Looks like they're wrapping this up ready for release, generally a disappointing update...

Well the optimisations have worked for me.  Performance is really good on my PC now.  I would say smoothest ever.  

Everyone will have to wait and see what effect it has on their own set-ups, but for me, the update is worth it just for the performance alone.

I don't know what they have done, but it is certainly smoother. 
I can't check FPS properly as I am maxed out at 60FPS on my 4k monitor, and it rarely drops.  Ultra settings, LODs at 150.

Personally, I can't wait to see what results people get.   All the world update packages have been adjusted and may be part of the optimisation process, so they will have to be downloaded for the regions where people want to fly, or they may not see the full optimisation.  They are an optional download of course.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 8

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

"they said they'll continue to support this Sim"

Let me know which Flight Simulator had so many updates and support by listening customer wishes as MSFS during those 3 years. Of course there are bugs, and they will do exist even on 2024 release.

• Like 7

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

30 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Well the optimisations have worked for me

Any comment on improvements for DX12 vs 11?

• Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Their track record has produced an excellent flight simulator. 

Your post was whining about nothing in particular. The one ever so slightly positive comment, was seemingly made under duress.

Sorry forum police I'll do better next time

I've been using DX12 in the beta, without issues. There were issues in the early beta (low performance), but was sorted. I use DX12 because as you know, mandatory for frame generation.

BTW, example, flying out from Brussels (Aerosoft) with FG on its 61 fps. with FG off it's 30 fps. Just by changing that one setting. Glad I don't do AMD GPU's.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

30 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

Let me know which Flight Simulator had so many updates and support by listening customer wishes as MSFS during those 3 years. Of course there are bugs, and they will do exist even on 2024 release.

Wouldn't know, MSFS is my first proper flight Sim in decades. It's all well and great getting free updates, but not when they break so much over the years without much attempt to fix what they broke. The facts are there for all to see, I refuse to be 100% positive every single post just to tow the line according you lot when blatant errors have been made by the developer.

I'm positive when I like to be, in this case in my opinion this Sim Update is weak overall, if you don't agree with that that's fine, that's your opinion and I respect that 🙂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I refuse to be 100% positive every single post

LOL, can't remember having ever read even one positive comment from you 😅

• Like 5

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS