Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Collector's TFDi Design MD-11 to release around October

https://fselite.net/content/tfdi-design-md-11-expected-to-release-in-october/

FYI, this is just for the collector's version of the aircraft. It's not even the early access version yet. If you are the type that wants a more polished version of the TDFI MD 11, you'll have to wait longer.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

"Collector's Edition" now means pre-alpha?  What?  Duncan MacLeod of clan MacLeod?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

It’s similar to what they done with the 717 back in the day, I have no issues with them doing this as the end product was great.

I do trust them, but I do feel there are a lot of products coming out mostly unfinished. They have my full support though, we are definitely lacking a md11 and I’m glad it’s them doing it. 

I think the article title is misleading. It won't be released for public, is pre-pre-alpha release for those 1000 folks who paid last year (or early this year?)

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

7 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

I think the article title is misleading. It won't be released for public, is pre-pre-alpha release for those 1000 folks who paid last year (or early this year?)

It's an FS Elite article....🤪

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

TFDi doing a collectors edition, pre-orders or "paid betas" has absolutely ZERO effect on anybody's life that chooses not to participate so I don't understand the negativity towards it. In the end it is not a bad thing. People who want to buy in can buy in, doesn't matter to me one bit. It costs a lot of money to put the time and research in to make an airliner of this detail. If doing a collectors edition helps fund that process along to bring the general public a fantastic MD-11 in the end I'm all for it. Most of us know how good their 717 is so I'm quite excited for this MD-11. Putting this aircraft out to a thousand people first to finish the development and gather feedback will only give ones like me who did not pre-order a better product.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

15 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

We will happily collect your $$

Took the words right out of my mouth.😆

Edited by JBDB-MD80

As much as I like this aircraft, I will not pay for a mutilated product. Exclusive features for only a few buyers reminds me of the worst practices in the gaming world.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Aglos77 said:

As much as I like this aircraft, I will not pay for a mutilated product. Exclusive features for only a few buyers reminds me of the worst practices in the gaming world.

As someone who decided to participate in the Collector edition it works for me.

• Like 2

No interest in TFDi after where they left PACX which *could* have been a nice addon, but alas they left it half-baked and told me a year or more ago they were developing an update.  I asked if they would please consider a SIMPLE option to load the last configuration for your last flight, whereupon they thought what they had was good enough, but it's flat out not.  No TFDi for me going forward.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I'll buy it later once available for us  "non pledgers"...😛

Not enough of an MD-11 fan to want this one as bad.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2