Sign in to follow this  
arjanm

P3D v6 patch 5 now available

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Wow....this is amazing.  Where was this current team in v4/v5 days.  The speed at which they are sending updates is wow.  

I wish v5+ would get updated this quickly! We had to wait months for each update.

delete

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

delete

Edited by blaunarwal

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

12 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Wow....this is amazing.  Where was this current team in v4/v5 days.  The speed at which they are sending updates is wow.  

Amazing? They still couldn't fix the dark cockpits (according to this thread). I'm still happy not having bought this version. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

LOL, just in time to break yesterday’s chase plane update to the last update.

It appears that the latest CP works fine with the latest patch (for a change).👍

13 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Yeah,maybe.......however there are at least two ways of looking at this......

1:-  They are a concientious team and like to constantly improve things for their customers benefit in a timely fashion, thus giving value for money.

2:-  They are not a concientious team and release any old junk without properly testing it with the result it is full of bugs and needs constant patching.

The sceptic within me makes my choice fairly easy.

Edited by Sparkrite
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

It appears that the latest CP works fine with the latest patch (for a change).👍

Yeah,maybe.......however there are at least two ways of looking at this......

1:-  They are a concientious team and like to constantly improve things for their customers benefit in a timely fashion, thus giving value for money.

2:-  They are not a concientious team and release any old junk without properly testing it with the result it is full of bugs and needs constant patching.

The sceptic within me makes my choice fairly easy.

If you just purchased then just get a refund.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

6 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

Amazing? They still couldn't fix the dark cockpits (according to this thread). I'm still happy not having bought this version. 

This is an issue which hopefully will get fixed with time. The very nature of sims is that they are never perfect and evolve over time.The sim is otherwise the best experience I've had in all my years of simming.

I suppose the first patches were complete downloads while prepping the program to be able to patch with just the needed files. You can tell they are intent on fixing the lighting, that is just about all this currant patch was applied to. If this were previous years, you would not have this patch for another 3 years. I guess there is no way for some to be satisfied with the 5th patcjh.in this short amount of time.

• Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

11 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

You can tell they are intent on fixing the lighting,

But they still haven't! But to be fair it is a LOT better than V5.

And I spoke too soon re. the brown horizon, it's still there.

As a matter of interest, how long did it take people , roughly, to apply the latest 'fix'?

Mine took over 30 minutes.

18 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

I suppose the first patches were complete downloads while prepping the program to be able to patch with just the needed files.

But they weren't full downloads, were they?

And I very much doubt if any "prepping" was going on.

Regardless of the size of D/L the application of the patch/fix/update, takes far too long for what IMO appears to be very little gain/improvement.

Give me back the option to D/L "client/scenery" etc. and install that, all done in a matter of minutes.

All the other sims (which I have) update in an acceptable time, which P3D used to do.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sparkrite said:

As a matter of interest, how long did it take people , roughly, to apply the latest 'fix'?

P3D updates in about 15 minutes.  MSFS patches take about 1 hour.

Legacy aircraft are too dark at dusk, and too light at night ... default aircraft seem to be fine which suggest vendors will need to update their liveries.  This can also be done using changes to existing PBR material files for the liveries and will vary by vendor (PMDG liveries seem easy to do).

Dark cockpits seem to require the use of AutoExposure setting in the Graphics settings.  But as above, textures and/or PBR materials files need to be updated by vendor or user.  However, default aircraft exhibit the same issue so hoping LM can adjust.

Day lighting is excellent with tone mapping enabled.

ChasePlane was update for latest build 31017 and seems to be working well.

Prepar3d.cfg has adjustments that can be made for night, requires experimentation and time and would prefer LM values to work out of the box.

Seems like LM are trading values for compatibility or need to rethink their approach, but day time flying does look extremely realistic.

9 minutes ago, CO2Neutral said:

P3D updates in about 15 minutes.  MSFS patches take about 1 hour.

Strange, I experience the opposite, and the latest was the smallest to date.

Day lighting is excellent with tone mapping enabled.

Agreed, it's not bad at all.

Dark cockpits seem to require the use of AutoExposure setting in the Graphics settings. 

But I experience what is tantamount to 'white out' outside with the use of AE until things 'settle' which is hardly realistic.

Edited by Sparkrite

1 hour ago, CO2Neutral said:

This can also be done using changes to existing PBR material files for the liveries and will vary by vendor (PMDG liveries seem easy to do).

But as above, textures and/or PBR materials files need to be updated by vendor or user.  However, default aircraft exhibit the same issue so hoping LM can adjust.

Prepar3d.cfg has adjustments that can be made for night, requires experimentation and time and would prefer LM values to work out of the box.

How does one change the PBR liveries?

What .cfg adjustments would you recommend?

Thanks

Finally! During the day, just, dusk, and dawn the illumination lights in the cockpit actually work now! That remedies the pitch black cockpits on default aircraft. Finally, they are flyable. Tested on Commander and Mooney Acclaim and Electra. The Electra is a little dark but doable for the most part! Now we are taking!!!