Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

What Are You Hoping To Hear In Tomorrow's Dev Livestream?

5 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Then again, Martial would probably say 'we don't know!' 

He actually did say that to one of the most pointless questions ever raised in a Q&A. 

It was something along the lines of 'How did you fix the loading bug in SU12?' and he was like 'I don't know'. Absolutely pointless question, I mean who even cares? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hatch76 said:

Eww. Their A310 was a disappointment and subpar. 

The heck it was. Probably one of the most polished aircraft in the sim. I think you're the only person I've seen say that.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

Wow, such tall trees in the slides of PG cities of the upcoming Northern Europe WU.

Which reminds me, the smaller trees patch on flightsim.to is my favorite mod.

I hacked a mod that goes further, by just changing the min and max numbers in each line of text, for every tree, bush, and grass in that one flightsim.to mod file. (using notepad to change the .xml file).

Leave JFK on the default RY and fly towards the group of skyscrapers on the right hand side. You go over the famous Central Park which is an Amazon Jungle looking mess in the Asobo scenery. Better in the mod scenery. Even more realistic in my homemade mod.

The file is 10_Asobo.xml in the mod or something like that.

There's a reason that Asobo doesn't change the tree heights. The LOD determines when and how far away the objects pop up. The taller the tree, the farther away it pops up. Small trees pop up closer, and so are more noticeable.

So it's not practical to bring the trees all the way down to true to life height without spoiling the view of non popping moving scenery in front of you.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 minute ago, Fielder said:

There's a reason that Asobo doesn't change the tree heights. The LOD determines when and how far away the objects pop up. The taller the tree, the farther away it pops up. Small trees pop up closer, and so are more noticeable.

So it's not practical to bring the trees all the way down to true to life height without spoiling the view of non popping moving scenery in front of you.

I wonder how that's going to work in 2024 with all the trees being 3D models now.

4 minutes ago, Fielder said:

The LOD determines when and how far away the objects pop up. The taller the tree, the farther away it pops up. Small trees pop up closer, and so are more noticeable.

I wonder if this is why the LOD in airports is broken 

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I wonder how that's going to work in 2024 with all the trees being 3D models now.

Well if we have to go by what Jorg has said, we're not going to see trees that are too tall anymore 

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Good question and I don't know the answer. :).

Day 1 that I installed MSFS and took the drone down the street where I live. Gigantic trees hiding the familiar houses. The first version mod on flightsim.to you had to alter a file in official. It was later updated to a file you just drop into community. That way it doesn't get changed back when MSFS updates the sim.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Oh wow
Fej7OMH.png

I recently at Sedona told a Cirrus owner that he should upgrade to an Hjet because thats all I fly in MSFS.  The wife said but we just got the Cirrus!  🤑

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

Did they say anything about the scenery gateway?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Meanwhile DFW is unusable. And DX12 has a bunch of issues with popping scenery tiles. And no one asks or brings it up. Some bull-poop. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

2 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Yeah, it’s all ready but can’t be launched yet because Microsoft have all sorts of legal stuff they have to sort before hosting it, or something to that effect anyways. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scotchegg said:

Yes, that World Hub was touched in several places. It's ready and there was some discussion about two guys reponsible for quality assurance even.

However, it is on hold for review by Microsoft higher admins for security (or something like that) check. No date was given for final release.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 minutes ago, spearmint_flyer said:

Meanwhile DFW is unusable. And DX12 has a bunch of issues with popping scenery tiles. And no one asks or brings it up. Some bull-poop. 

It was asked and brought up, but the chat system on twitch moves too fast, it’s overloaded. The upvote system in the forums seems pointless. 
So basically It was ignored. I did ask three times in the chat as did some others, also about airport LOD too low too, and that was also ignored. 

However you’ll be please to know one of the questions was 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

How did you fix the loading bug in SU12?

Really important stuff. 

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It was asked and brought up, but the chat system on twitch moves too fast, it’s overloaded. The upvote system in the forums seems pointless. 
So basically It was ignored. I did ask three times in the chat as did some others, also about airport LOD too low too, and that was also ignored. 

However you’ll be please to know one of the questions was 

Really important stuff. 

Screw me. I feel like I was intercourse blocked. Makes no logical sense to have these "development blogs" if all they're going to do is use it as propaganda. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight